Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:01 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Always love beating wolves. I remember the chaos after the play off away leg. Luckily i got away but heard it all go off. From then i have disliked them immensely.

And roger johnson, who has previous at selhurst (claude davis almost killed him, apparently) produced one of the comedy moments at the old park, with his 2-1 off his face. You can't write that!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They were utterly terrible today.

Looked to me as if the players want a new manager as much as the fans do...
Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Licking balls

bradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbradpitt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Horrible club with revolting fans, I hope they get relegated so they have even less chance of filling that ridiculous new stand where from the top you can only see half of the pitch
Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 PM

CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON CPFC2010ANDON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fella
Always love beating wolves. I remember the chaos after the play off away leg. Luckily i got away but heard it all go off. From then i have disliked them immensely.
Could someone please explain this?

I remember the Wolves games very well.

The home leg is my most memorable Palace game that I have attended.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:09 PM

100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet100% Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Knowing them they probably started kicking off in the tunnel. They usually did. Saw this happen after we did them 3-0 up there (Tuttle & Dyer scoring?)
Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't believe for a moment that Wolves will go down, but suppose they did Would that be the first time a club with max parachute payments would 'parachute' into Div I ?
Would be worth seeing what would happen.
47 points, are we safe now ?
Old 01-01-2013, 09:55 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON

We were kept in for 20 minutes after the game. Got out to find hundreds of wolves fans waiting to give us a goodbye reception.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010ANDON

Always a bit iffy coming out of the away end of their ground after a win there (and I've seen numerous of those) but that night it was seriously bad, even hiding all your colours they were hanging around everywhere looking for Palace fans to set upon.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 PM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Their team and fans were an embarrassment today.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:14 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
I was born there sadly. I have always looked out for them for that reason alone but after today won't even do that. Dirty bastards.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:44 AM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz
Their team and fans were an embarrassment today.
Indeed, I was shocked how poor they were - that team should be a lot better
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
In danger of being relegated unless they change soon

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
I'd have a fair few of their players too! Sako, Doyle, S E-B and O'hara would be lovely!

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP
Old 02-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
It's amazing the change since the away game. That looked a massive result against a promotion rival. This time it looked like an easy win against relegation fodder - we really should have won by five or six.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Sheep in sheep's clothing

CrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrystalOrient : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
When Cologne signed Solbakken last year, all the football experts over here went mental as he was so highly rated after Copenhagen's Champions League perfomances.

His very own tactics - a strange interpretation of a 4-4-2 that invited a lot of pressure from the wings - were believed to be the key to success but it turned that he wasn't able to sell them to his players. The team never worked as a unit and seemed to turn against him. If it wasn't for Podolski, Solbakken would've been fired much earlier.

I guess exactly the same is happening at Wolverhampton. Shame, as he's a great guy and obviously knows a lot about football.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM

Andrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle
I'd have a fair few of their players too! Sako, Doyle, S E-B and O'hara would be lovely!
Sako I would take even though he looked poor yesterday.

Doyle looked like a broken man, confidence shot to pieces and barely got in to the game, I'd pass on him.

Ebanks Blake - He was awful! Was like a fat Clinton Morrison without the goals! (I know he scored but his record is poor in general). Spent the whole game moaning and not chasing anything. Definitely pass on him.

O'Hara - Yes, probably would take him, but I'd worry that he might have an ego problem.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews69
Ebanks Blake - He was awful! Was like a fat Clinton Morrison without the goals! (I know he scored but his record is poor in general). Spent the whole game moaning and not chasing anything. Definitely pass on him.
He's scored 10 goals in 27 games this season. Ok, not exactly Murray-esque, but not a bad record in a shit team. Doesn't mean I'd want him, but the only thing he can do is score.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 AM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The mentality of their squad is absolutely awful. Stearman, Johnson, Berra, Henry and Ward all couldn't accept the fact that they are absolutely shit so resulted to dirty tackles. If they weren't so unfit and stopped pacing for the majority of the game they may be in a better league position.

That said they had three players that impressed me. Jamie O'Hara when he came on you could tell was a class apart in terms of techincal ability. He could switch the play and change the tempo in an instant. The other two players that I think would have looked better in a better team were Sylvain Ebanks Blake and David Davis. They tried hard but others around them have let them down.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 AM

Andrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek
He's scored 10 goals in 27 games this season. Ok, not exactly Murray-esque, but not a bad record in a shit team. Doesn't mean I'd want him, but the only thing he can do is score.
Perhaps I've been spoilt by Murray and now can't accept a striker who doesn't score over 20 goals in half a season?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews69
Perhaps I've been spoilt by Murray and now can't accept a striker who doesn't score over 20 goals in half a season?