Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 17-06-2018, 09:13 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Top 10 signings since 2010

This is based on a variety of things like performance, transfer fee, wages, consistency and influence so should be quite subjective. Some just pick themselves so 5 seems too few, although admittedly 10 is probably too many.

In order of importance :

1. Zaha
2. Bolasie
3. McArthur
4. Jedinak
5. Ward
6. Murray
7. Sakho (loan)
8. Puncheon
9. Cabaye
10. Dann

Important : this thread is supposed to be a bit of fun so if it doesn't interest you then please piss off.
Old 17-06-2018, 09:27 AM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
wouldn't disagree with much of that. But I definitely would find a place for Delaney.
Old 17-06-2018, 09:30 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Murray higher, Luka and Delaney included.
Old 17-06-2018, 09:31 AM

PemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePemboExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
wouldn't disagree with much of that. But I definitely would find a place for Delaney.
Yes, about 7th I would say.
Old 17-06-2018, 09:44 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
You forgot Mutch
Old 17-06-2018, 09:56 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
1. Jedi
2. Zaha
3. Murray
4. Luka
5. Delaney
6. McArthur
7. Dann
8. Bolasie
9. Philips
10. Puncheon

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 17-06-2018, 09:58 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I think the signings at the end of August 2012 were the ones that got us on to the train we find ourselves on now:

Bolasie
Delaney
Moritz

Let’s just conveniently forget about Darcy Blake

Murray and Jedinak the year before were also fantastic buys.

I also add that Dann and Ledley were the signings that kept us up in that first Premier League season.
Old 17-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Personally I'd try and find a place for Tomkins. Terrific at the back end of last season.
Old 17-06-2018, 11:08 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Murray higher, Luka and Delaney included.
Hmmm, you're right at least Luka should be in there and possibly Delaney.
Old 18-06-2018, 12:59 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In terms of signings I would say Jedinak miles above everyone else. Resigning Zaha is second.

In my opinion our current success, while many, many people contributed (including non-playing staff and even fans), was built disproportionately on the assets of Jedinak bossing the midfield, and Wilf's ingenuity.

But since Wilf was not initially a 'signing' as such, there's a clear winner for me.
Old 18-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
In terms of signings I would say Jedinak miles above everyone else. Resigning Zaha is second.

In my opinion our current success, while many, many people contributed (including non-playing staff and even fans), was built disproportionately on the assets of Jedinak bossing the midfield, and Wilf's ingenuity.

But since Wilf was not initially a 'signing' as such, there's a clear winner for me.
Agree with you on Wilf - he quite clearly was a proper signing but I almost want to conveniently forget that he played for those wankers.

But as for Jedinak above Murray... I dunno. Forget where Murray came from - he was a free transfer and he was probably responsible for the most fantastic season for a solo striker Ive seen at Palace - only equalled by AJ really.
Old 18-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
1. Jedi
2. Zaha
3. Murray
4. Luka
5. Delaney
6. McArthur
7. Dann
8. Bolasie
9. Philips
10. Puncheon
That looks more like it to me.
Old 18-06-2018, 01:42 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No Andy Dorman

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 18-06-2018, 02:10 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
That looks more like it to me.
We'd be a Championship team without Sakho, so it is hard to leave him out.

1. Murray - His goals got us to the play-offs
2. Kevin Phillips - Got us to the PL
3. Jedi was the leader of that team
4. Delaney a leader at the back
5. Bolasie helped to free up Zaha
6. Zaha when he returned gave us a threat in the PL
7. Cabaye has been instrumental in changing the way we play
8. Luka is the man now leading the side
9. Sakho was so important in keeping us up
10. Hodgson turned our season more than any other manager as he did it playing well

They for me would be the 10 but the order is changeable it is more chronological.
Old 18-06-2018, 02:20 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Yes Phillips scored some important goals in the run in, and obviously THAT penalty, but I still think 2nd is very, very generous.
Old 18-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Gay Snake's Red Blarmy

CrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCrawleyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wouldn't disagree with OP list. Also what about top 10 worst signings?

Florian Marange
Jack Hunt
Jose Campana
Aruna Dindane
Gavin Mahon
Jimmy Kebe
Jonny Benteke
Jordon Mutch
Emmanuel Adebayor
Darcy Blake
Andy Dorman
Jon Obika
Alassane N'Diaye
Antonio Pedroza

Any of those could make the 10 easily
They're a bigger and better club than us, as much as I hate to say it. We might have 20,000 plastic supporters to fill our stadium at the moment, but when their enthusiasm fizzles out we will have nothing over Palace. I actually hope they go up now just so we don't have to go through two more humiliations next season.
(NSC Poster 14/05/2013)
Old 18-06-2018, 03:59 PM

TWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is hereTWELLSEagle Sam the man is here
Dann should be far high up some of these lists
Old 18-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Time is running out

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I think the signings at the end of August 2012 were the ones that got us on to the train we find ourselves on now:

Bolasie
Delaney
Moritz

Lets just conveniently forget about Darcy Blake

Murray and Jedinak the year before were also fantastic buys.

I also add that Dann and Ledley were the signings that kept us up in that first Premier League season.
Surprised Bolasie isn't higher on people's lists. As you say his signing was instrumental in changing us from an average Championship team into a real contender. A lot of his performances that season were on a par and sometimes better than Zaha.

He started slowly in the PL but once he found his feet his was not only a key part of us surviving but was actually our best player for quite a while. How he left was a shame but we bought him for 300k and sold him for 25m.

I was tempted to put him top but Wilf has just been so good for the last 2 seasons it wasn't possible.
Old 18-06-2018, 08:41 PM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
1. Jedinak - set the tone for the team for years to come
2. Murray - there's no prem party without his goals
3. Dann - essential for the defence that first season. Without him we don't stay up.
4. Delaney - hugely influential in getting us and keeping us up
5. Bolasie - such a huge bonus having two proper wingers
6. Zaha - nuff said, though think without the first 5 then its hugely unlikely we'd have ever been promoted / got to a position to sign him.
7. Puncheon - massive player for us when first promoted. Delivered when it mattered.
8. McArthur - been a huge player for us in the middle of the park and has continued to evolve with the upturn in quality.
9. Luka - his signing turned the season and kept us up under big sam
10. Philips - that bit of quality that tipped us over the edge. That penalty just squeezes him in.

Cabaye just misses out alongside Sakho and Chamakh (remember him playing a big role in our first prem season)

Last edited by sheepy; 18-06-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 18-06-2018, 09:10 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Wilf
Murray
Delaney
Luka
Bolasie
Jedinak
Sakho
Benteke
Puncheon
Ward

Not in order, I might edit later if I can be bothered.

Wilf top definitely, Murray second and then the rest. Special mentions for Delaney and Jedi huge in getting us up, Puncheon absolutely vital in our first couple of PL seasons and Luka for the last year and a half.

Last edited by Shipp Ahoy!; 18-06-2018 at 09:13 PM.