Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-10-2017, 05:21 PM

Jordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJordan555x : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashDCEagle View Post
I don't like Roy. I'd rather have BFS, but ok, Roy's the manager. He's solid enough, I just don't think you can do much more than be very average with him. I do think he'll keep us up, and at this point, I'll take that.
Go back and watch the game before you post. Quite clearly have not even watched the game...
Roy pulled off a masterclass today with the false 9 role deployed for Andros and Wilf. It had the Chelsea defence completely bamboozled. We wont miss Benteke as much as we all thought Imho. Best Palace I have seen in a long time.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:29 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Even with all his experience at club level in Europe and at the very top level in International football, yet so many on here doubted his credentials to be manager of CPFC, quoting the Iceland defeat also the farcical reason due to being 70yrs old for Not being suitable.
What this game showed was he still has the nous that many had doubted to realise what is needed to combat superior teams, this win was not only about the result but the confidence, spirit and belief he has put back into the players game based on this game, long may it continue.
Well done Roy Hodgson you deserve a special mention, as this win was mainly down to you and your coaches for what you instilled into the players, do keep it going.
Nothing wrong with Roy, he's a decent bloke and a safe pair of hands. As for England, they all fail there, even the fabled Bobby Robson was considered useless after Euro 88.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:36 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't like Roy. I'd rather have BFS, but ok, Roy's the manager. He's solid enough, I just don't think you can do much more than be very average with him. I do think he'll keep us up, and at this point, I'll take that.
10th or 11th will suit me just fine. And win a cup obvs.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:39 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Well done Roy
Old 14-10-2017, 05:40 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
Iceland did very well in their qualifying group not such a bad side
Old 14-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As far as I'm concerned he's brilliant. He's totally turned the team around. Sure, Wilf's return was instrumental in today's victory, but the whole team played their boots off. Such a contrast to the squad that looked completely lost under FDB. The confidence from today's win will push us on and beating Chelsea will make other teams fear us.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:47 PM

HOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHOVE EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
Go back and watch the game before you post. Quite clearly have not even watched the game...
Roy pulled off a masterclass today with the false 9 role deployed for Andros and Wilf. It had the Chelsea defence completely bamboozled. We wont miss Benteke as much as we all thought Imho. Best Palace I have seen in a long time.
Correct
Roy out thought conte today
Townsend and zaha caused havoc
If you have players with pace defences can't cope
A good night ahead
Old 14-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg_Maudling View Post
Iceland did very well in their qualifying group not such a bad side
Which is why it still pisses me off people talk about it as if Iceland are some sort of San Marinoesque team.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:49 PM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
Nothing wrong with Roy, he's a decent bloke and a safe pair of hands. As for England, they all fail there, even the fabled Bobby Robson was considered useless after Euro 88.
Stuart Pearce made a very good point about England recently. He said that because at club level all the players play different systems, getting it right at international level is very difficult. I think this is very true. The difference today is Palace have had two weeks to work on a system that works for them as a group. And boy did it show!
Old 14-10-2017, 05:50 PM

hihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehihi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I hope he puts a player back on the post for the next game
Old 14-10-2017, 05:50 PM

DE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOVE EAGLE View Post
Correct

Roy out thought conte today

Townsend and zaha caused havoc

If you have players with pace defences can't cope

A good night ahead

Bang on
Old 14-10-2017, 05:51 PM

DE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDE - Glad All Over came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
Stuart Pearce made a very good point about England recently. He said that because at club level all the players play different systems, getting it right at international level is very difficult. I think this is very true. The difference today is Palace have had two weeks to work on a system that works for them as a group. And boy did it show!

I still canít work if out, but it was brilliant
Old 14-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Man Of The World

carlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcarlito came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al From Bromley View Post
Stuart Pearce made a very good point about England recently. He said that because at club level all the players play different systems, getting it right at international level is very difficult. I think this is very true.
I think it's much simpler Al. England players value their club careers far more than playing for their country. This has been the case for years IMO.
Old 14-10-2017, 06:02 PM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done Roy, you outwitted Conte.
Great great performance from the boys, I've forgotten what a win feels like on a Saturday night !
Onwards and upwards ��
Old 14-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
We mauled them in the first 20 minutes they had no clue - Not saying we are likely yo play like that week in week out but the turnaround before and after international break was incredible. Jaw dropping first 15 minutes. Helped by returning players but that was not the whole story.

Old 14-10-2017, 06:10 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber View Post
Uncle Woy's Wed Blue Awmy
Any more of this and you will be banned instantly.

" Heh, Norm! How's life treating you?"

"Like I just ran over his dog."
Old 14-10-2017, 06:19 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePolish Pete : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just seen his post match interviews. So dignified and humble. Love the guy
Old 14-10-2017, 06:24 PM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He also said that his wife can have no complaints that he does not take her out as they are going to watch Southampton against Newcastle tomorrow
Old 14-10-2017, 06:39 PM
. . . . .- --. .-.. . ...

regal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is hereregal_eagle Sam the man is here
Shook Big Roy's softer than soft hand postmatch after giving him a few rounds of "Roy, Roy, Roy Hodgson..." He deserves all the congratulations he gets, and then some.
Old 14-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Only mugs and cnts wouldn’t get behind a Croydon boy giving it his best.