Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 11-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Midfield 19/20 Season

How would you like to see our Midfield line up next season, and what players?

433/442?

Also, would any of the potential relegation threatened teams players improve our Midfield? Mooy/Billing/Seri/Cairney/Romeu/Lemina?
Old 11-02-2019, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
It's a bit early for this as we still haven't secured Premier League status.

As for the names you mention, Saints may well stay up. Wouldn't mind Cairney but as an aside, Seri has been really poor for Fulham recently. Not sure what's going on with him.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:51 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
Seri has been really poor for Fulham recently. Not sure what's going on with him.
Can't play in the cold. Happens every season.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Anguissa from Fulham was extremely talented and highly rated back in France, but hasn’t been up to much here. Would take all the players you mentioned except Romeu.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:36 PM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Id wait and see what our outgoings look like first, survival or not
Old 11-02-2019, 03:55 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
One thing's for sure; a creative element must be added, possibly by playing two DM's behind and going 433 or 451. It would help the wingers and striker both. Just need to finally be willing to prioritize such a player in our culture of thinking and there is still no sign of that. We won't spend to buy one and the one player showing signs of being able to play consistently intelligent, incisive passes in front of the box is yet to be given a chance in a set up like the one described above.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:09 PM

GB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGB2506 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We are just 3 points above the relegation zone with 12 games to play. Long way to go before we can talk about our midfield for next season!!
Old 11-02-2019, 04:22 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
It's a bit early for this as we still haven't secured Premier League status.

As for the names you mention, Saints may well stay up. Wouldn't mind Cairney but as an aside, Seri has been really poor for Fulham recently. Not sure what's going on with him.
Was the best player on the pitch for the first 60 minutes versus us.

Billing would be a great addition, regardless of Premiership or Championship IMO, sou would be keen on him
Old 12-02-2019, 08:37 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
All depends on our budget to be fair.

The midfield obviously connects with the forward(s) and looking at our striker situation all of Batshcuayi, Benteke, Ayew and even Wickham may not be here past this summer. I'm not sure where we stand on our budget but I'd love to see us bring in Mitrovic playing off either Meyer or another centre forward.

One thing for sure is we do lack a real playmaker in the mould of Cabaye. Tom Cairney may well be a good option to sit next to Luka.

Their may well be a slight revolution in the playing staff this summer, and it appears we're doing a lot of scouting in the championship. One thing we shouldn't forget is the new loan rule coming into play meaning Chelsea will be looking to start offloading their assets.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 15-02-2019, 10:15 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We do need to tinker with the midfield next season as it can be improved on, also the ageing McArthur who has been a wonderful servant for Palace but now we need to either cash in or he be used as a squad man. As for Kouyate, i remain a fan but he has not quite given us the "spark and drive" in his performances i had expected, but i seriously see him being a good ball playing Centre Back and IF we were to cash in on Sakho then he would not be bad choice to slot him in there alongside Tomkins. Also by having Dann and Kelly in reserve along with the emergence of the impressive young Woods all be it currently very inexperienced but we may have a long term sucessor at CB, however with injuries worries always hanging over Tomkins and Dann which may well leave us short is always a risk, so we do need another and that player could/should imo be the giant and very impressive Cooper at Millwall who i hear can be bought for around a bargain 3m.
As for Midfield replacements in the summer, much will depend on what budget is available but i would like to see players that would suit the Palace method but with good movement coupled with flair brought in and those Two would be Bradley Dack as the attacking option, and as the perfect partner alongside Luka i would have Mooy who is just what we need. Then to have Meyer who will be a lot stronger and settled next season and sure to be pushing as a starter, also with the experienced McArthur along with the developing young Kirby in reserve gives us a well balanced and strong midfield squad to work with.
Old 15-02-2019, 10:15 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We do need to tinker with the midfield next season as it can be improved on, also the ageing McArthur who has been a wonderful servant for Palace but now we need to either cash in or he be used as a squad man. As for Kouyate, i remain a fan but he has not quite given us the "spark and drive" in his performances i had expected, but i seriously see him being a good ball playing Centre Back and IF we were to cash in on Sakho then he would not be bad choice to slot him in there alongside Tomkins. Also by having Dann and Kelly in reserve along with the emergence of the impressive young Woods all be it currently very inexperienced but we may have a long term sucessor at CB, however with injuries worries always hanging over Tomkins and Dann which may well leave us short is always a risk, so we do need another and that player could/should imo be the giant and very impressive Cooper at Millwall who i hear can be bought for around a bargain 3m.
As for Midfield replacements in the summer, much will depend on what budget is available but i would like to see players that would suit the Palace method but with good movement coupled with flair brought in and those Two would be Bradley Dack as the attacking option, and as the perfect partner alongside Luka i would have Mooy who is just what we need. Then to have Meyer who will be a lot stronger and settled next season and sure to be pushing as a starter, also with the experienced McArthur along with the developing young Kirby in reserve gives us a well balanced and strong midfield squad to work with.
Old 15-02-2019, 10:55 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
I don't mind if it's 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, it all depends on the blend for the XI, the opposition we are facing and whether we are at home or away. But whilst I was calling for pacy wide attackers I realise the error, and can see now that with Wilf back out wide and Batshuayi up front what we really need are improvements in midfield. (Of course we might need a replacement for Batshuayi if he doesn't stay, but Welbeck is available on a free and has worked brilliantly with Hodgson; I'd be amazed if we couldn't get him.) If I analyse it objectively here are our current midfield options in terms of a side pushing for a 7th placed finish:

1) Milivojevic - Positionally good, can put his foot in and can pass to an acceptable level if he has better technical players around him - he doesn't currently. He's also our captain and takes the pens. Just about good enough. Verdict : First XI player

2) Kouyate - poor technically, but has physical attributes. Good in the holding role, but not so adept as box-to-box. Inferior to Milivojevic and therefore cover for that position. Do I see him as a regular starter? No. Verdict: Squad player

3) McArthur - brilliant energy, clever and works hard for the cause; however he lacks top technical ability, and can't be relied on to hold his position. Verdict: Squad player

4) Meyer - excellent technically, way ahead of the other options. Still adapting to the pace of the league. Haven't seen enough to suggest he's a creative player in the No10 position like Maddison for Leicester for example. That would be further backed up by his switch to the holding role with Schalke although we also haven't seen him put in his foot enough to suggest he could play alongside Luka in a deeper position when the going gets tough. I see him as an occasional starter in home games where we have a lot of the ball against a side lacking in attacking ambition, and perhaps he will grow to become a regular starter but he's not there yet. Currently, he's not a patch on Cabaye for example. Verdict: Squad player

5) Schlupp - he's cover for left back primarily, but recently he has started to look a little better playing in a 3 man central midfield. Roy obviously likes him because he has the pace and a left peg. However he has a strong desire to get forward, doesn't track his man defensively and is generally a bit dopey. Maybe he will develop, but he lacks the aggression and technical ability required currently. Verdict: Squad player

The OP has nailed it: it's in centre mid that we will need to make the most changes. The good news is we have the cover players, the bad news is we don't have much first XI quality having failed to replace Cabaye and RLC. We need a minimum of one first XI centre mid and possibly two if we want to play a 3 man midfield on a regular basis. So who would I go for?

1)Philip Billing. He would be my first choice. Left footed, he is a physical presence but also he can put his foot in and pass. Plus long throw would help Benteke, and would probably be better than a corner for us with our current set-piece takers! With Huddersfield going down he should be available for the right money. I'd hope to get him for £15m - £20m. He's a good age, and I believe he could be first choice next to Luka for years to come.

2) Ruben Loftus-Cheek. I feel strongly that we have a much better opportunity of getting him this summer than we did last summer. Chelsea have to sell players due to the new loan rules coming in, he hasn't been given the game time required at Chelsea, and he did well here under a manager in Hodgson who trusted him last season. If we play a 3 man midfield he could play box-to-box with his ability to carry the team up the pitch. Wilf would be more dangerous with Ruben in the team. He could play either in a 3 man midfield, wide in a 4 or possibly even in a front 3 so would give us versatility.

Sign those two youngsters and we build for the future. Big window coming up. Anyway, let's win the FA Cup first

Last edited by glaziers fan; 15-02-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 15-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Jughead has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I'd have Mooy and Ayoze
Old 15-02-2019, 08:37 PM

PemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPemboExpress came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I don't mind if it's 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, it all depends on the blend for the XI, the opposition we are facing and whether we are at home or away. But whilst I was calling for pacy wide attackers I realise the error, and can see now that with Wilf back out wide and Batshuayi up front what we really need are improvements in midfield. (Of course we might need a replacement for Batshuayi if he doesn't stay, but Welbeck is available on a free and has worked brilliantly with Hodgson; I'd be amazed if we couldn't get him.) If I analyse it objectively here are our current midfield options in terms of a side pushing for a 7th placed finish:

1) Milivojevic - Positionally good, can put his foot in and can pass to an acceptable level if he has better technical players around him - he doesn't currently. He's also our captain and takes the pens. Just about good enough. Verdict : First XI player

2) Kouyate - poor technically, but has physical attributes. Good in the holding role, but not so adept as box-to-box. Inferior to Milivojevic and therefore cover for that position. Do I see him as a regular starter? No. Verdict: Squad player

3) McArthur - brilliant energy, clever and works hard for the cause; however he lacks top technical ability, and can't be relied on to hold his position. Verdict: Squad player

4) Meyer - excellent technically, way ahead of the other options. Still adapting to the pace of the league. Haven't seen enough to suggest he's a creative player in the No10 position like Maddison for Leicester for example. That would be further backed up by his switch to the holding role with Schalke although we also haven't seen him put in his foot enough to suggest he could play alongside Luka in a deeper position when the going gets tough. I see him as an occasional starter in home games where we have a lot of the ball against a side lacking in attacking ambition, and perhaps he will grow to become a regular starter but he's not there yet. Currently, he's not a patch on Cabaye for example. Verdict: Squad player

5) Schlupp - he's cover for left back primarily, but recently he has started to look a little better playing in a 3 man central midfield. Roy obviously likes him because he has the pace and a left peg. However he has a strong desire to get forward, doesn't track his man defensively and is generally a bit dopey. Maybe he will develop, but he lacks the aggression and technical ability required currently. Verdict: Squad player

The OP has nailed it: it's in centre mid that we will need to make the most changes. The good news is we have the cover players, the bad news is we don't have much first XI quality having failed to replace Cabaye and RLC. We need a minimum of one first XI centre mid and possibly two if we want to play a 3 man midfield on a regular basis. So who would I go for?

1)Philip Billing. He would be my first choice. Left footed, he is a physical presence but also he can put his foot in and pass. Plus long throw would help Benteke, and would probably be better than a corner for us with our current set-piece takers! With Huddersfield going down he should be available for the right money. I'd hope to get him for £15m - £20m. He's a good age, and I believe he could be first choice next to Luka for years to come.

2) Ruben Loftus-Cheek. I feel strongly that we have a much better opportunity of getting him this summer than we did last summer. Chelsea have to sell players due to the new loan rules coming in, he hasn't been given the game time required at Chelsea, and he did well here under a manager in Hodgson who trusted him last season. If we play a 3 man midfield he could play box-to-box with his ability to carry the team up the pitch. Wilf would be more dangerous with Ruben in the team. He could play either in a 3 man midfield, wide in a 4 or possibly even in a front 3 so would give us versatility.

Sign those two youngsters and we build for the future. Big window coming up. Anyway, let's win the FA Cup first
Very good analysis.
Have to take exception though to "just about good enough" in respect of Luka!
Think Meyer can also be better than Cabaye in time.
Not seen enough of Billing.
Old 16-02-2019, 09:16 AM

BringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringbackShipps came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As good a player as he is, I just don't think RLC is a signing we should pursue given the finances involved and his back problems. Billing and Mooy I could get behind but will they really kick us on a level? Jury is out for me, but of the two I think we lack a Mooy more than a Billing.
Old 16-02-2019, 09:41 AM

old traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold traf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringbackShipps View Post
As good a player as he is, I just don't think RLC is a signing we should pursue given the finances involved and his back problems. Billing and Mooy I could get behind but will they really kick us on a level? Jury is out for me, but of the two I think we lack a Mooy more than a Billing.
I see RLC is just coming back from ANOTHER long lay off due to his back problem, this looks like it will be a problem for him throughout his playing carrier. will spend more time in the treatment room than playing, just too much of a risk.
Old 16-02-2019, 10:38 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by old traf View Post
I see RLC is just coming back from ANOTHER long lay off due to his back problem, this looks like it will be a problem for him throughout his playing carrier. will spend more time in the treatment room than playing, just too much of a risk.
On the contrary, his back injury is the reason we even have a chance of getting him in the first place. With a run of games the guy could be a very special player indeed. I'm no expert in back injuries but I recall Gerrard having multiple injuries that were related to his back that he eventually grew out of. RLC still managed 20+ starts for us last season despite an unrelated serious foot/ankle injury - he probably would have played 30+ games but for that.

Even if the back injury is a long standing issue that needs to be managed he can still play 30+ games every season going forward. It's not putting me off.
Old 16-02-2019, 11:28 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Need to decide what our preferred formation and style is and get players accordingly. If you say 4-4-2 and you want wide players like Zaha and Townsend creating then you need 2 quality blockers in the middle. Roy has often played with the likes of McArthur and Schluup so then you need more creativity in the middle of a heavy reliance on the top 2.

If we were to go for 4-3-3 then you would need some creativity in the 3.

Part of our issue is we have different managers who play different ways inheriting a squad of players who don’t fit to their style.

For me it is:
1. Who is going to be manager next year
2. What style of football in what formation do they play
3. Who do we have that fits that and is good enough
4. What do we need to bring in
Old 16-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
One thing we shouldn't forget is the new loan rule coming into play meaning Chelsea will be looking to start offloading their assets.
That's true, but who will be the Chelsea manager next year? If Sarri is on his way out (bizarre, I know), then unless a new manager gets identified for Chelsea before the summer transfer window opens, Chelsea may decide to sit on a number of their assets until later on in the transfer window.
Old 16-02-2019, 12:21 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Need to decide what our preferred formation and style is and get players accordingly. If you say 4-4-2 and you want wide players like Zaha and Townsend creating then you need 2 quality blockers in the middle. Roy has often played with the likes of McArthur and Schluup so then you need more creativity in the middle of a heavy reliance on the top 2.

If we were to go for 4-3-3 then you would need some creativity in the 3.

Part of our issue is we have different managers who play different ways inheriting a squad of players who don’t fit to their style.

For me it is:
1. Who is going to be manager next year
2. What style of football in what formation do they play
3. Who do we have that fits that and is good enough
4. What do we need to bring in
In a nutshell this post.

Hence why I think it's best served to move Roy on this summer.

Clinton Morrison.