Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 11-02-2019, 12:50 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&B Glazier View Post
Do you not agree that it is easier to employ the Estonian worker than the Indian one?
Yes because of the visa requirement and that is why if the Estonian is qualified etc then UK benefits from being in the EU.

Also, the UK vetoed the draft EU-India trade deal because we expressly did NOT want to loosen our Indian visa requirements. WE did not.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:54 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
I am amazed that anyone would think the UK will be less discriminatory after Brexit.

The UK.

The country that refused Irish people a room to stay in because they were Irish.

The UK which deported black people who were actually given British citizenship and had indefinite leave to remain.

That UK.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Attending since 1972

R&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
So you want to discriminate more than we are doing at the moment?
No, I'd like it to be as easy to employ a non-EU worker as it is to employ one from the EU
Old 11-02-2019, 12:56 PM
Attending since 1972

R&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
[QUOTE=mik59;14642360]Yes

Thank you
Old 11-02-2019, 12:57 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
I simply pointing out that the EU discriminates against workers with non-EU ethnicity and any member state must follow that rule. Outside of the EU the UK would not be so forced.
EU ethnicity, what’s that?
Old 11-02-2019, 12:58 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Aryans?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Semper Idem

Although in fairness Aryans are more generally Iranian or Indian.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-02-2019, 01:00 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Very well. Before I was granted a visa to work in Switzerland my employers had to justify why my skills were unavailable locally - which they did. There we have an example. Interestingly around 25% of the population of that country hold non-Swiss passports.

Other examples of fair immigration policies which spring to mind are New Zealand, Australia, Canada and Norway.
Australia's fair immigration policy:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-02-2019, 01:00 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Bollocks.

Every country in the EU is free to set their own immigration policy outside of the EU. There is no rule or rules surrounding this.

The UK is and always has been, at full liberty to let anyone into the UK from anywhere in the world at any time.
Spot on. Also you might as well say that FOM in the U.K. is discriminatory. It is. But would rather more FOM than less.

And as you say the U.K. can take as many people as it likes from non EU countries. The amount of refugees taken has been shamefully low.

Hundreds of thousand of EU migrants will end up as a much bigger Windrush scandal as the “settled status” process will inevitably leave hundreds of thousands with no status.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
No, I'd like it to be as easy to employ a non-EU worker as it is to employ one from the EU
There are two options to do this, one is to make it easier to employ non-EU nationals. The other is to make it harder to employ EU nationals.

It is frankly ridiculous to argue the system is discriminatory, and to then present a solution to the perceived discrimination of further or additional discrimination.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Very well. Before I was granted a visa to work in Switzerland my employers had to justify why my skills were unavailable locally - which they did. There we have an example. Interestingly around 25% of the population of that country hold non-Swiss passports.

Other examples of fair immigration policies which spring to mind are New Zealand, Australia, Canada and Norway.
Seriously? Australia? The country that puts refugees in camps in other countries with huge human rights abuses in the process.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Do you not agree that it is easier to employ the Estonian worker than the Indian one?
Is it not easier to employ a Welsh or Scottish worker than an Indian worker?
Old 11-02-2019, 01:03 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Because the EU is failing, we want out so we don't have to bail them out.
The EU is failing no more then the UK is failing shall we get out of the UK too?

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-02-2019, 01:04 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Seriously? Australia? The country that puts refugees in camps in other countries with huge human rights abuses in the process.
Amazing ignorance on display from a brexiter, again.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Is it not easier to employ a Welsh or Scottish worker than an Indian worker?
Easier to understand the Indian...

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 11-02-2019, 01:05 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its been pointed out that we could do that without leaving the EU.

Sounds like you'd like it to be as hard to employ an EU worker as it is a non-EU worker
Old 11-02-2019, 01:05 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Everybody with EU ethnicity is able to work anywhere in the EU - that's true. If you are not of EU ethnicity it is much harder to get a job within this EU. On the other hand, some countries operate a fair and transparent immigration system for anybody from any country irrespective of ethnicity. After Brexit the UK will be able to do just that. So which system is the least discriminatory?
WTF is EU ethnicity?

SaulAlinsky
Old 11-02-2019, 01:06 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
What minority of voters? At the last Election there were 46.8 million people registered to vote so your 17m ARE THE MINORITY.

I see your Brexit wankfest marathon has now taken away your ability to do simple arithmetic.
"The will of less than half the electorate" or "The will of about a quarter of the population" don't quite have the same ring about them
Old 11-02-2019, 01:07 PM

Article on the terrible consequences of Brexit on EU citizens.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Switzerland isn't part of the EU... and their new rule are limited

SaulAlinsky

Last edited by weltklasse; 11-02-2019 at 01:13 PM.