Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-10-2018, 06:47 AM

Sharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSharkba1t came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
On the subject of annoying ignorant neighbours...ours is having work done to his front garden that involves having big blocks of paving cut by an industrial masonary saw. The workman are sawing them in his front garden and subsequently our car this past week has turned from shiny blue to a bloody sandy yellow mess. Same as parts of our front garden.

No warnings, no apologies...no ‘I’ll pay for your car wash bills’ or even quickly hose down our motor...no attempt to sweep up our garden...

Mrs Bubbs is doing her nut. We’re not really close with them next door, just on nodding ‘hello’ terms. I’m reluctant to go and say anything for creating bad blood and can’t be bothered with the awkward ignoring that will know doubt ensue everyday over a bit of dust. But I know if it was us doing that work we’d warn our neighbours and at least try and minimise the mess to those around us though. Just common courtesy surely?

Anyone been in a situation like this?
I’ve not been in such a situation, but I think I would make a big point of cleaning your car and garden while your neighbour is around and the work is being carried out. Make sure they see what you are doing. And if one of them is nearby just casually tell them to try to be a bit more careful.
It would definitely annoy me, so I know what you mean.
Old 20-10-2018, 07:16 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
On the subject of annoying ignorant neighbours...ours is having work done to his front garden that involves having big blocks of paving cut by an industrial masonary saw. The workman are sawing them in his front garden and subsequently our car this past week has turned from shiny blue to a bloody sandy yellow mess. Same as parts of our front garden.

No warnings, no apologies...no ‘I’ll pay for your car wash bills’ or even quickly hose down our motor...no attempt to sweep up our garden...

Mrs Bubbs is doing her nut. We’re not really close with them next door, just on nodding ‘hello’ terms. I’m reluctant to go and say anything for creating bad blood and can’t be bothered with the awkward ignoring that will know doubt ensue everyday over a bit of dust. But I know if it was us doing that work we’d warn our neighbours and at least try and minimise the mess to those around us though. Just common courtesy surely?

Anyone been in a situation like this?
Had three extensions and a new house built on neighbouring houses/gardens in the last five years around me. My lawn damaged twice by delivery trucks, car and house frequently covered in dust/dirt from the building work and woken up after night shift by noise. Never had one apology or thank you from anyone despite owners living onsite. I couldn't think of doing any large scale work on my house without thanking my immediate neighbours with a bottle of something for the grief but that's just soft old me?

Starting to think that building work that requires planning permission in a residential area should have a a mandatory nominal compensation fee applied for adjacent owners to compensate for cleaning etc as long as the work goes on.
Old 20-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Some great advice there mate - thank you.

However, knowing me I’ll just continue with the pleasant ‘hiya’s’ and nod of the head while saying ‘COCKHEAD!’ aloud in my head.
Could you try to go round and politely explain the inconvenience his work is causing you?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 20-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
I am still annoyed by shitbags who put their feet up on train seats. I am thinking of carrying a bone saw, it is the only way.
Old 20-10-2018, 11:35 AM

OLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOLD BASING EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When you book a days fishing a manningford with a load of friends and you come down with the worst cold you’ve had for twenty years and can hardly manage walking up the stairs let alone around a lake. Dirty snotty virus bastard.
Old 20-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
I am still annoyed by shitbags who put their feet up on train seats. I am thinking of carrying a bone saw, it is the only way.
Piss on their legs.

When they ask what that was all about, tell them, Sorry I was going to piss on the seat but your legs were in the way.
Old 20-10-2018, 11:59 AM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Had three extensions and a new house built on neighbouring houses/gardens in the last five years around me. My lawn damaged twice by delivery trucks, car and house frequently covered in dust/dirt from the building work and woken up after night shift by noise. Never had one apology or thank you from anyone despite owners living onsite. I couldn't think of doing any large scale work on my house without thanking my immediate neighbours with a bottle of something for the grief but that's just soft old me?

Starting to think that building work that requires planning permission in a residential area should have a a mandatory nominal compensation fee applied for adjacent owners to compensate for cleaning etc as long as the work goes on.
We live in a cul de sac of 20 houses. This year no fewer than 8 have had works of varying magnitude done, meaning skip lorries, grab lorries, builders merchant deliveries pretty well every day, plus the blokes’ cars clogging the place up, not to mention a severely bent lamp post. Not one resident gave any notice and none has apologised for all the muck and inconvenience.
Old 20-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Agree but also why the **** should trains become picnic parks or fast food restaurants ..... I don't want to see you eat that s*** or smell the stinking s*** .....no food on trains!!!!! Or buses!!!!
Old 20-10-2018, 03:29 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BASING EAGLE View Post
When you book a days fishing a manningford with a load of friends and you come down with the worst cold you’ve had for twenty years and can hardly manage walking up the stairs let alone around a lake. Dirty snotty virus bastard.
I hope this is not the same virus that Meyer and Sørloth have - if so it sounds like no way they will be available.
Old 20-10-2018, 07:49 PM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Vegans complaining that parkrun have a new sponsor, the happy egg company.
Old 20-10-2018, 08:08 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry mivi View Post
Vegans.
Fixed it for you. The only ***** more boring than the CrossFit crowd.
Old 21-10-2018, 12:45 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Christmas lights up in Selsdon. Wankers
Old 21-10-2018, 01:03 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPIE "N" MASH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2nd bricky letting me down,why the **** say you will build the wall then not turn up,no call,nothing. Now it's getting late in the year and I might have to wait till next year,you utter c×nts
Old 21-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
We live in a cul de sac of 20 houses. This year no fewer than 8 have had works of varying magnitude done, meaning skip lorries, grab lorries, builders merchant deliveries pretty well every day, plus the blokes’ cars clogging the place up, not to mention a severely bent lamp post. Not one resident gave any notice and none has apologised for all the muck and inconvenience.
You only apologise if you're on fairly good terms. Apology = Liability.
Old 21-10-2018, 01:37 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
Apology = Liability.

What a load of old bollocks
Old 21-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post

What a load of old bollocks
I think you meant to post this on the sunday roast thread.
Old 21-10-2018, 02:56 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Whiny little brats in pubs. .
Old 21-10-2018, 02:57 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Parents of said brats rivalling the kids for whinyness
Old 21-10-2018, 05:19 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The fact that the ATMs outside East Croydon Station charge £1.99.
Tosun - did feck all when he was in my fantasy team but scores today of course.
Old 21-10-2018, 05:35 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
the inevitability of how we lose.