Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:14 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Top 10 Sports Films + 5 sports documentaries.

Inspired by a BBC thingy..

What are your favourites from Bowling and pool to American sports, football and golf racing..Dramas, comedies, fictional and based on real events.

Plus, a different set of 5 for documentaries - I think we can add the Sunderland thing to this list even though it is more of a series.

I am going away to think about it. 10 + 5
Old 07-04-2020, 08:39 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Inspired by a BBC thingy..

What are your favourites from Bowling and pool to American sports, football and golf racing..Dramas, comedies, fictional and based on real events.

Plus, a different set of 5 for documentaries - I think we can add the Sunderland thing to this list even though it is more of a series.

I am going away to think about it. 10 + 5
Senna is brilliant but 'the crash reel' about a badly injured snowboarder is up there with the best ive ever seen
Old 07-04-2020, 09:58 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I think I would go with:

Rockys 1 to 3 as one entry
Chariots of Fire
Raging Bull
Escape to Victory
Marvellous
When Saturday Comes
Cinderella Man
Ali (Will Smith)
Hands of Stone? (Roberto Duran)
Damned United

Docs.

Sunderland Til I Die
Fire in Babylon
Graham Taylor
When we were kings
Maradona

Never seen that Garrincha movie.. Subject to change as memory kicks in.

Last edited by PeterH; 07-04-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:15 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
A League of Their Own
Cool Runnings
Old 07-04-2020, 10:22 PM

Johnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnson : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
On the documentary front the ESPN 30/30 The Two Escobars is superb.

Also not strictly sport but the documentary on Andre The Giant is avid watching, I think it may have been produced by HBO.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:27 PM
Palace 'til i die

Aki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is hereAki Aki Aki Sam the man is here
Senna
Old 07-04-2020, 11:01 PM
Name them and win a prize

elliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineelliott : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anything 30 for 30 is exceptional.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:04 PM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is hereEagle Kneevil Sam the man is here
Leyton Orient: Club for a Fiver has to be in there. The John Sitton half time rant remains the best bit of football footage.

Free Solo was pretty good too.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:07 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
It really is one of the best documentaries regardless of the genre. I watched Finding Zlatan the other day, it was okay.

Pride
McFarland, USA

Nearly forgot... The Edge is a bloody brilliant documentary about the English cricket team battling their way to the top of the world ratings. I don't think you need to be a cricket fan to enjoy it. On Prime.

Last edited by Nostrils; 07-04-2020 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:11 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post

Also not strictly sport but the documentary on Andre The Giant is avid watching, I think it may have been produced by HBO.
Agreed that was excellent. The 30/30 on Hillsborough was a very good watch too

The Maradona film is excellent, it includes some great old footage
Old 08-04-2020, 10:23 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
In terms of documentaries.
Icarusis probably my favourite. What starts as a man exploring how doping might affect an amateur cyclist turns into a whistle blowing case against Russia.

There are some terrific cricket documentaries at the moment. The Edge (about England looking to reach number 1), and The Test (a series about Australia trying to recover from the sandpaper scandal). You've also got Babylon is burning about the great West Indies team.

I really enjoyed the Andy Murray documentary about his recovery from injury.

Amazon Prime have all the official World Cup Videos from 1954 onwards which are worth a watch too.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:31 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
The Battered Bastards of Baseball

I'm not even a baseball fan but this is a great watch. On Netflix I believe. Another baseball doc - Four Days In October.

Bobby Robson doc is great.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
The Beeb used to do a pretty good job of the F1 end of season review shows, but at the beginning of Turbo-Hybrid era they really outdone themselves, in part, helped by the brilliant rivalry developing on the track between Hamilton and Rosberg.

Well worth and hour or so of anyone's time:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-04-2020, 12:07 PM
Banned by Moderators

Coastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCoastal Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shaolin Soccer.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:09 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Icarus - very good

All or Nothing (Earlier seasons the better) has been good for NFL. Find the All Blacks and football versions all really don't come near these

For Cricket, Death of a Gentleman is very good and eye opening. The Test on amazon recently is good as is The Edge

Bobby Robson Netflix programme is a bit of a tear jerker.

For films:
Moneyball
Old 08-04-2020, 01:22 PM

HOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHOVE EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When we were kings Mohammed Ali
Old 09-04-2020, 04:17 AM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Any Given Sunday
Remember The Titans
Bull Durham
The Natural

When We Were Kings
Old 09-04-2020, 12:24 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Icarus - very good

All or Nothing (Earlier seasons the better) has been good for NFL. Find the All Blacks and football versions all really don't come near these

For Cricket, Death of a Gentleman is very good and eye opening. The Test on amazon recently is good as is The Edge

Bobby Robson Netflix programme is a bit of a tear jerker.

For films:
Moneyball
Death of a Gentleman. That's the one I couldn't think of!
Old 09-04-2020, 03:40 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Death of a Gentleman. That's the one I couldn't think of!
I was lucky to go to a premier opening night of this in London - cricket geek me
Old 09-04-2020, 07:37 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Field Of Dreams