Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win in the UFC tonight?
Tito 'The Huntington Beach Badboy' Ortiz 3 60.00%
Ken ' The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' Shamrock 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-09-2006, 02:16 PM

Gabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the LiffeyGabor The King walks through walls, floats down the Liffey
Is it me or are Penn and Hughes not at 1-1, should there not be a decider? If Penn can get his conditioning up, would make for 5 rounds much like the pace of the first 2!!
Old 26-09-2006, 02:44 PM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Penn supposidly seperated a rib in round 2, does sound like the old "I was injuried/ill" excuse I know but his decline in the following round was so massive I'm inclined to believe it.

Hughes won fair and square but beyond showing exellent condictioning didnt impress me greatly. It certainly prooved Penn's first win was far from a fluke IMHO considering Hughes was in almost exactly the same situation only to be saved by the bell this time.

Last edited by Halftime Gold; 26-09-2006 at 08:14 PM.
Old 26-09-2006, 02:48 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
True. Nullify his take downs and he doesn't have a lot else. However, he is by far the best at what he does.
Old 27-09-2006, 04:00 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
I'm catching up on my MMA History, in much the same way as I did when I rediscovered pro-wrestling... my first task is to watch the old UFC tapes in chronological order. After I've caught up with UFC (until somewhere around early 2004) I think I'll try and track down some old Japanese stuff and then move onto the full Pride back catalogue.

Anyways I'm currently halfway through UFC 10 and just wanted to comment on the classic that is Severn vs Shamrock II that headlined UFC 9. The first 20 minutes was stunning and I'm amazed at just how action packed it was... if ever there is a fight to persuade someone that MMA really is entertainment then that's the one

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 27-09-2006, 04:39 AM
Generater of distruction

Location: JK Rowling is a bigot and a children’s author. In that order.
BringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
Anyways I'm currently halfway through UFC 10 and just wanted to comment on the classic that is Severn vs Shamrock II that headlined UFC 9. The first 20 minutes was stunning and I'm amazed at just how action packed it was... if ever there is a fight to persuade someone that MMA really is entertainment then that's the one
Severn vs Kimo was even worse. Seriously.

I'm not sure I buy Penn's rib excuse. His reason for not telling his corner is a bit weak. I thinked he just gassed like he did in the GSP fight. It's a shame, because he was schooling Hughes like everyone hoped he would.

Best UFC title fight for ages though.

BTW, most of the Pride OWGP fights are on youtube, if any of you haven't seen them.
Old 27-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 27-09-2006, 06:11 AM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

bunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

T20 World Champions
Holders of The Ashes
Five Time *World Cup ODI Champions

*Legitimate
Old 27-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
hey!

Old 27-09-2006, 06:13 AM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

bunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebunghole : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

T20 World Champions
Holders of The Ashes

*Legitimate
Old 27-09-2006, 06:15 AM
Question!

Sup!

Old 27-09-2006, 06:19 AM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

Nowt, just bored at work.

Anyhoo, don't want to hijack a thread I'd prevously never posted on so - as you were lads.

T20 World Champions
Holders of The Ashes

*Legitimate
Old 27-09-2006, 06:20 AM
Question!

Me too, hense me trying to get my name on the front page for everysection!

Old 27-09-2006, 06:38 AM
'89-'07 Thank You Benny

Quote:
Originally posted by AJ's right boot
Me too, hense me trying to get my name on the front page for everysection!
Were you?

T20 World Champions
Holders of The Ashes

*Legitimate
Old 02-10-2006, 12:55 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
And ever so slightly back on topic...

Has anyone ever seen To view the link you have to Register or Login?

I don't know exactly what I'll ever do with it but it seems interesting enough...

WOW!
Old 14-10-2006, 02:51 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

More on the PPV bonus' that UFC guys get.

The guys with the top billing apparently get $2.50 per PPV buy, which if taken literally based on a buyrate of 775,000 means Shamrock and Ortiz both recieved $1,937,500 for headlining UFC 61. Other guys who are cut into the PPV revenue (some of the TUF guys and other guys who aren't yet headlining) recieve $1.00 per PPV buy.

WOW!
Old 14-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Apparently got my tickets for next week's Vegas show. My buddy said that she tried to get me the VIP but I got bumped by some real VIPs. We'll see about that. At least the tickets were free. Here's the card as it stands right now:

Phil Baroni vs. Yousuke Nishijima
Kazahiro Nakamura vs. Marvin Eastman
Robbie Lawler vs. Joey Villasenor
Josh Barnett vs. Pawel Nastula
Eric Esch vs. Mark Hunt
Dan Henderson vs. Vitor Belfort
Mauricio Rua vs. Kevin Randleman
Fedor Emelianenko vs. Mark Coleman

I've also seen rumored a Fujita vs Sean O'Haire fight, but I'm not sure if that makes it.
Old 17-10-2006, 12:37 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Watched Rich Franklin get absolutely humped by Anderson Silva at the weekend. Total domination.

Was disappointed to see Cheik Congo lose a decision to an average wrestler who did very little from dominant positions on the ground. Hopefully we will see more of him in the UFC.
Old 17-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Watched Rich Franklin get absolutely humped by Anderson Silva at the weekend. Total domination.

Was disappointed to see Cheik Congo lose a decision to an average wrestler who did very little from dominant positions on the ground. Hopefully we will see more of him in the UFC.
Unfortunately, good wrestlers with crappy everything else can be very successful in UFC, because of the dumb boxing judges they employ from the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Until they stop rewarding people who take the opponent down and just lay on top of them to get the victory, they'll have incredibly boring fights featuring Rashad Evans or Matt Hammil.
Old 17-10-2006, 06:01 PM

The referees need to more consistent over how long they let the ground game go on before they stand the fighters up again. Someone like Matt Hughes always looks pretty busy on the ground whereas others do very little and are allowed to stay in the same position for minutes at a time. Its boring. Its not good for the spectators
Old 21-10-2006, 12:54 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There in a nutshell is the reason why I sit in my chair a little perplexed; I see a guy laying on top of another and not doing anything. I know it's real, but it feels surreal when there's so little work rate by the mate only fighters.

Anyway, that was an opinion of a newcomer to UFC