Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win in the UFC tonight?
Tito 'The Huntington Beach Badboy' Ortiz 3 60.00%
Ken ' The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' Shamrock 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-12-2006, 01:18 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Cro Cop and Fedor have both pulled out of Pride's show on NYE.

It really doesn't look good for Pride.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 14-12-2006, 01:00 PM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It terms of that card I'm not that disapointed as Fedor would have beaten Hunt easily and Crocop was going to be fighting some can but it certainly doesnt show much confidense in Pride's future.

The latest rumour is that Crocop has signed with the UFC and will debut at UFC 67 verus Jake O'Brien. Can't say I'm looking forward to any match he could have there as much as I would rematchs with Fedor and Nog but I spose yelling "timber!" when he fights Sylvia might be fun. Good to see the UFC are making big name signings aswell rather than merely bringing though TUF guys.
Old 29-12-2006, 12:12 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
More Meltzer goodness
--I can't confirm the stories that Mirko Cro Cop will be in Las Vegas on Saturday night for the "surprise" announcement that he's signed with UFC, although it is being reported on several MMA sites. I do know Eddie Sanchez has been contacted to be an opponent for Cro Cop on the 2/3 PPV in Las Vegas provided Cro Cop does sign with UFC. My impression is UFC has believed they have had Cro Cop for a good three weeks.

WOW!
Old 31-12-2006, 12:44 PM

RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO
Does anyone know if UFC 66 Liddell vs Ortiz will be on cable tonight??,, sometimes they show the live shows on Bravo?
Old 31-12-2006, 01:47 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

Think it's been shown on New Years Day... are we having a no spoilers tii it's broadcast in the UK rule?

WOW!
Old 02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
I enjoyed the UFC event last night. Tito showed great heart to come back from the pounding he took from Chuck at the end of round 1 and his humbleness after the match will have won him some fans back i think.

Jardine vs Griffin was a shock result, i thought Jardine would give him problems but i didnt think he'd beat him.

I liked how Chris Leben had a go at the boo boys after his fight too as i'm sick of the drunk fans booing for no good reason half the time!

It was good to see Arlovski get a win as well!
Old 02-01-2007, 02:35 PM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Northener
It was good to see Arlovski get a win as well!
Even though he cheated all the way through!! The kicks to the face, then holding the fence whilst pounding pedapano (sp) out was a touch naughty. But oh well, i've always been a fan of the Pitbull and i hope he comes back strong again
Old 02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Quote:
Originally posted by SexualChocolate
Even though he cheated all the way through!! The kicks to the face, then holding the fence whilst pounding pedapano (sp) out was a touch naughty. But oh well, i've always been a fan of the Pitbull and i hope he comes back strong again
You have a point there

Also where was Big John McCarthy and what was Steve Mazagatti (sp) thinking growing that dodgy moustache??
Old 02-01-2007, 04:57 PM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Northener
You have a point there

Also where was Big John McCarthy and what was Steve Mazagatti (sp) thinking growing that dodgy moustache??
It was the useless Herb Dean who had that fight. Big John was a bit kack too though i thought. There's no way on earth he should've let De Souza go to a second round with Alves, he got a 30 second facial pounding, but John let the bell save him. Bloody joke! Bisping was the man though! Playing The Clash coming in was a sweet touch!
Old 12-01-2007, 10:07 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

Couture vs Sylvia is official for UFC 68 on March 3rd. Should be an interesting one.

WOW!
Old 13-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
Couture vs Sylvia is official for UFC 68 on March 3rd. Should be an interesting one.
Superb! Sylvia to win and retire Randy permenantly as i think Couture is finally past it but you should never right him off should you?!?
Old 13-01-2007, 01:39 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

It won't be easy for either fighter and Couture certainly is getting on a bit but the word is it's a four fight deal over 2 years so I guess they're hoping he takes the belt as there's more money with Couture on top than there is with Sylvia.

It'll also be interesting to see if winner faces CroCop or if they hold off on CroCop for a while so they can build him up for American audiences...

WOW!
Old 15-01-2007, 04:04 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Excellent.

I saw Forrest Griffin vs Tito Ortiz for the first time a couple of nights ago. I know its an old fight, and I had seen Ortiz vs Lidell beforehand, but what a cracking fight. I don't think Griffin will ever get to the top of the tree but he'll give anyone a hard fought match. I would like to see him against Lidell - toe to toe bash fest.

Last edited by Daddy Long; 16-01-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 15-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Griffin has lost a few since if im not mistaken. From what ive seen Griffin was at the top of his game against Tito, high on confidence as well as fighting well. I think he'd struggle to recreate that form now.
Old 22-01-2007, 06:04 PM

RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO RONALDO

The fight I want to see badly is a rematch between Chuck Lidell and Rampage Jackson, saw the first fight and a few highlights the other day and this guy made chuck lidell look ordinary he is just a beast check out the way he slams his opponents , ladies and gentleman I believe there is gonna be a new dawg in town soon lol !!
Old 22-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Not seen him fight, will check it out on Youtube. Watched the Lidell vs Tito fight highlights on Bravo at the weekend and they mentioned Rampage was back in it (where has he been?).

Also interesting they seemed to confirm Cro Cop was part of UFC now. Good news all round
Old 23-01-2007, 12:13 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cro Cop and Rampage are fighting soon. Look on the UFC website for details.
Old 23-01-2007, 01:13 PM

As far as im aware Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Cro Cop have been fighting in the Japanese Pride Events for the last few years ,so may be worth checking out some of their fights on You Tube. Jackson is a pure savage, got skill but tends to love slamming his opponents into the mat as opposed to striking or submissions etc, glad theres been a shake up though as at present cant see anyone really testing Lidell. What has happened to Tito , used to rate him highly but seems to have gone off the boil!
Old 23-01-2007, 01:40 PM

I've seen loads of Cro Cop but none of Rampage as of yet. How does Rampage stack up against Fedor? Fedor is still top dog in pride isnt he?
Old 23-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
I've seen loads of Cro Cop but none of Rampage as of yet. How does Rampage stack up against Fedor? Fedor is still top dog in pride isnt he?
Well, Fedor would kill him, but that's no shock considering that Rampage fights around 205. (and Fedor would kill most anybody anyway. Rampage just hasn't been the same, though, since getting killed by Wanderlei and finding Jesus. Doesn't seem to have the same fire as he did once.