Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win in the UFC tonight?
Tito 'The Huntington Beach Badboy' Ortiz 3 60.00%
Ken ' The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' Shamrock 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2007, 02:15 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Was certainly a great show by Couture and actually a very, very good match and a really great show.

CroCop and Couture will sure be interesting.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:46 AM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by DANCOO
Although it was funny, Sylvia did not seem with it at all. Whether it was down to that first punch by Randy or not, I don't know, but he definately seemed a little distant.
I think that was down to the fact that he'd just realised:

a. He's taken a major beatdown from a grandad
b. He's obviously not as good as he thought he was, Sylvia a champion? Pah!

Anyways, Randy was awesome, that's the best shape he's been in for years and completely deserved the victory.

Also, well done to Jason Lambert, he f***ed up Babalu.

Good event all round i say!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:43 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Was a great Event. Best lineup ive seen on a UFC event recently. Silvia didnt look in it at which was a shame as although i prefer Couture id rather see Cro Cop batter Silvia.

Good comeback fight by Forest, looking forward to his rematch with Silva.

Anyone know when UFC 69 is on and who's fighting?

Old 06-03-2007, 12:53 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
April 7

Main Show;
Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
Roger Huerta vs. Leonard Garcia
Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck
Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
Alan Belcher vs. Kendall Grove

And the undercard;
Brad Imes vs. Heath Herring
Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell
Marcus Davis vs. Pete Spratt
Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes

WOW!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:43 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Those Ultimate Fighter boys have really benefitted from increased exposure.

Really enjoyed the Natural's victory over the Maniac. I like the way he taught him a lesson in stand up as well as grappling. Thoroughly deserved victory.

All the televised fights were worth watching.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:34 PM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

Nick Diaz tested positive for marijuana after his match with Gomi for Pride. Cue some kind of suspension (6 or 9 months?) that Nevada will expect to be upheld worldwide else Pride risk losing their ability to promote in Nevada.

And you're right about the Ultimate Fighter graduates... when you look at the card for UFC 69 it's scary how many have done TUF. Almost makes you wonder where the UFC would be without the show.

WOW!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:16 PM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
Quality, looking forward to seeing GSP fight Serra. The rest of the card doesnt look as exciting though.
Old 22-03-2007, 12:15 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

Quite interesting don't you think?

Quote:

--It was reported today by Josh Gross that Mauricio Shogun Rua had signed a unique contract with two fights in Pride and two fights in UFC. If this is accurate, that would certainly seem to indicate a deal with both under the same umbrella would have been completed.

WOW!
Old 22-03-2007, 07:04 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
I sadly don't get to watch much UFC over here. They did show season 1 and 2 of the reality show though.

Good to see that fighters like Diego Sanchez and Rashad Evans have gone on to do well (both still undefeated I hear?). I thought Sanchez was excellent and Joe Stevenson from Season 2 was also very good.
Old 22-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Word over here is that the Ferttitas (who own UFC) are about to finalize the purchase of PRIDE for $65M. I imagine they would leave PRIDE as it is in Japan and work some cross-promotion superfight cards thruout the year.
Old 22-03-2007, 01:57 PM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
Quality, looking forward to seeing GSP fight Serra. The rest of the card doesnt look as exciting though.

How is that not exciting???
Old 22-03-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SexualChocolate

How is that not exciting???
Not insulting the class of the fighters, i just havent seen much of them before so less exciting for me personally i guess, whereas Forrest, Hughes and Lidell i have watched many times before.
Old 22-03-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
Not insulting the class of the fighters, i just havent seen much of them before so less exciting for me personally i guess, whereas Forrest, Hughes and Lidell i have watched many times before.
Watch Diego & Swick, they're top drawer mate, honestly!
Old 22-03-2007, 05:55 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kendall Grove did well in his first UFC fight too - look forward to seeing him again. I think its a good card.
Old 22-03-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Kendall Grove did well in his first UFC fight too - look forward to seeing him again. I think its a good card.
Oh yeah! I missed him!
Old 22-03-2007, 06:07 PM

Cheers SC, will do if i can get it
Old 23-03-2007, 05:35 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter
Word over here is that the Ferttitas (who own UFC) are about to finalize the purchase of PRIDE for $65M. I imagine they would leave PRIDE as it is in Japan and work some cross-promotion superfight cards thruout the year.
This has been pretty much confirmed by Pride now.

Personally I think we'll see them kept separate in the short term gradually moving towards unification as a world wide MMA org over a number of years.
Old 23-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
To view the link you have to Register or Login Diego has really impressed me from the start. Great technique, killer instinct and unbelievable motor. He never stops. He might have trouble against Kos, though. Koscheck isn't the same fighter he was on TUF. Gotten much better with his strikes and still has the wrestling. I just read that Sanchez served a 3 month suspension for weed. Guess him and Nick Diaz hung out too much.

Old 23-03-2007, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter
To view the link you have to Register or Login Diego has really impressed me from the start. Great technique, killer instinct and unbelievable motor. He never stops. He might have trouble against Kos, though. Koscheck isn't the same fighter he was on TUF. Gotten much better with his strikes and still has the wrestling. I just read that Sanchez served a 3 month suspension for weed. Guess him and Nick Diaz hung out too much.

Looks decent, is that from the last series of TUF?
Old 23-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
Looks decent, is that from the last series of TUF?
Sanchez was on the 1st season of The Ultimate Fighter.