Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win in the UFC tonight?
Tito 'The Huntington Beach Badboy' Ortiz 3 60.00%
Ken ' The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' Shamrock 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2006, 01:43 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Bizarrely enough I was at an MMA Event last weekend in Middlesbrough... crowd must have been 300 and it was a decent show.

Most interesting thing for me about UFC 59 was the mammoth buyrate...

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 08-05-2006, 10:39 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter
Yeah, Arlovski got sloppy. He popped Sylvia and knocked him down, got a little too anxious, put himself in a bad position, then when they both popped up, Sylvia was able to give him a good strike to the dome.

The Pride show was the best they've had in years. Some overwhelming mismatches and some nice tete-a-tetes. Not one decision, every match was stopped before full time. I've never laughed so hard as when Kohsaka walked straight at Mark Hunt with his hands down and screaming at Hunt to hit him. What a nut.
Arlovski should have been right ontop of him after the knockdown rather than looking for the flashy finish, hopefully he'll learn from that in the rematch. I was half expecting TK to scream "AAAAAAAADDDRRRRRRIIIIANNNNN!" verus Hunt, gonna have to rewatch that along with my rocky 4 soundtrack.

Any gueses on the round 2 draw?(which will mean spoilers if anyones avoiding it)

Last edited by Halftime Gold; 08-05-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:46 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Quote:
Originally posted by Halftime Gold
Arlovski should have been right ontop of him after the knockdown rather than looking for the flashy finish, hopefully he'll learn from that in the rematch. I was half expecting TK to scream "AAAAAAAADDDRRRRRRIIIIANNNNN!" verus Hunt, gonna have to rewatch that along with my rocky 4 soundtrack.

Any gueses on the round 2 draw?(which will mean spoilers if anyones avoiding it)
Lets have the spoilers, i havent checked em yet but it seems like im the only one that hasnt seen it
Old 08-05-2006, 05:20 PM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Northener
Lets have the spoilers, i havent checked em yet but it seems like im the only one that hasnt seen it
Roman Zentsov over Gilbert Yvel by KO in R1. - Zentsov dominated him on the ground then KOed him with a looping left just as they got up.

Werdum over Overeem by Kimura in R2 - Overeem had the best of R1 (although Werdum looked pretty good standing) before gassing and getting submitted from the bottom in R2.

Hunt over Kosaka by Ref Stoppage in R2. - Best fight I'v seen this year, Rocky style standing action with TK getting knocked down a few times but also coming very close to sinking a rear naked Choke and Kimura on Hunt before gradully getting worn down towards the end of the second.

Crocop over Minowa by TKO in R1. Minowa semi hit a koppo kick before getting backed into a corner and beaten down in just over a minute.

Fujita over Thompson by KO in R1. Thompson dominated standing for most of the first before Fujita rocked him a few times(blood even ending up on the camara) then landed a massive KO.

Yoshida over Nishijima by Triangle/Armbar in R1. Short standup before Yoshida got the takedown and submited him quickly.

Barnet over Aleksander by Kimura in R2. Aleksander pumeled Barnet for 7-8 mins in the first before gassing(might have dislocated his hand aswell) and eatting some knees on the ground then being submitted at the third atempt.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira over Zuluzinho by armbar in R1. Nog took him down and pounded him before Zulu pratically fed him the arm for the submission.

Fedor is sposed to have gotten a bye in order to recover from hand surgery with Zentsov taking is place if he can't make it. I'd guess a fight verus Barnet is very likely considering he just beat his brother and called him out afterwards. I'd love to see Hunt/Fujita in a battle of the hard hitting ironjaws but I'd guess we might get Fujita/Yoshida to make sure theres a Japanese fighter in the finals. Crocop and Werdum are training partners so I'd guess they will be kept apart aswell.

Last edited by Halftime Gold; 08-05-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Yeah, Barnett said "Fedor, Omae wa shinde iru" Which basically means, "Fedor, you're already dead". NICE, setting up some future match down the line. Off topic, met that guy in Japan once. Hella good guy. Completely gigantic, as well. My guess for the next round, CroCop vs Fedor, Werdun vs Barnett, Hunt vs Yoshida, Nog vs Fujita. But realistically you can have any combination and it'll be gold. Not a dog in that group.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:58 AM

I'm not sure he'd have much chance verus Fedor, Aleks was really smacking him around standing and his big brother isnt going to gas or get subbed so easly. The good thing is that everyone left is legit so no matter how they book it theres no chance we'll see a repeat of 2004 where one guy gets the disadvanatge of a difficult semi while the other gets a nothing one.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Generater of distruction

Location: JK Rowling is a bigot and a children’s author. In that order.
BringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yeah, Barnett said "Fedor, Omae wa shinde iru" Which basically means, "Fedor, you're already dead".
He's been using that Fist of the North Star line for a while, it's almost as corny as his victory celebration. His fight with Aleks reminded me of his fight with Rizzo, but obviously with a different ending. I like the way he tries to stand up with better strikers, probably very stupid of him, but entertaining to watch.

A pretty good card overall, I think Fujita v Yoshida is unsurprisingly confirmed for the 2nd round.

I still can't believe Sylvia done AA.

Anyone watching Mike Bisping on on TUF3? He's looking very good, he should win it.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:45 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by BringBackSasa

Anyone watching Mike Bisping on on TUF3? He's looking very good, he should win it.
On Bravo yeah? I'm watching it. He looked good in his first bout - knocked the shit out of that dozey yank.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?Dirty Northener stands out from a crowd of mediocrity - can we have you on loan if we get back in trouble?
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
On Bravo yeah? I'm watching it. He looked good in his first bout - knocked the shit out of that dozey yank.
Yeah i think he could win it too!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by BringBackSasa
Among the Light Heavyweights, I don't think he'll have a problem. He is extremely susceptible to submission fighters. But I'm not sure he'll have to face any among this group. Noah's jiu jitsu isn't strong enough, I don't think. Mike and Tait are the wild cards here, since I haven't seen one bit of what their's is like.
Old 20-05-2006, 04:00 AM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Among the Light Heavyweights, I don't think he'll have a problem. He is extremely susceptible to submission fighters. But I'm not sure he'll have to face any among this group. Noah's jiu jitsu isn't strong enough, I don't think. Mike and Tait are the wild cards here, since I haven't seen one bit of what their's is like.
Well, don't have to worry about Noah or Tait anymore. Its setting up for Bisping to easily make it thru. Matt's had his deaf bell rung, Jesse completely sucks, and Josh has nowhere near enough skills to compete. Only hiccup might be Mike, who I hear has some game.
Old 21-05-2006, 01:42 PM

Latest word on the second round of the Pride GP is that Fedor won't be fit in time with Wanderlei Silva taking his place.
Old 21-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Latest word on the second round of the Pride GP is that Fedor won't be fit in time with Wanderlei Silva taking his place.
Well, why in the hell did Zentsov waste his time with Yvel then. Silva will have problems with anybody in the 2nd round, not any sure things. For some reason, I can see them matching him up with either Yoshida or Barnett. Yoshida being his best hope for advancing.
Old 22-05-2006, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Well, why in the hell did Zentsov waste his time with Yvel then. Silva will have problems with anybody in the 2nd round, not any sure things. For some reason, I can see them matching him up with either Yoshida or Barnett. Yoshida being his best hope for advancing.
I'd guess as a fallback if they couldnt find anyone else, Silva was sposed to be in the first round but wasnt due to a contract dispute of some kind. I don't really have a problem with him getting a bye, as entertaining as it was too many of the R1 fights were mismatchs to make it much of a legit contest so he isnt really getting much advantage. I agree he wouldnt be favourite verus most of the field(maybe just Fujita/Yoshida) due to the size difference but at least theres a lack of good wrestlers(other than Barnett and Yoshida) which seem to be his main weakness.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:24 AM
Panty Organizer

Word on the street that following Sakuraba's move to K1 that he has signed for a big money fight against Rickson Gracie on New Year's Eve.

Also, Quinton Jackson is fighting Matt Lindland at the inagural WFA show on June 22nd in LA. Also on that show will be the return of Bas Rutten to the ring against that dope Kimo Leopoldo. Ryoto Machida will also be on the show as well as various UFC outcasts.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Also on that show will be the return of Bas Rutten to the ring against that dope Kimo Leopoldo.

I wonder who will win that

Bas Rutten i think (Kimo is useless)
Old 08-06-2006, 11:42 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Pride Open Weight Grand Prix quarterfinals in July

Wanderlei Silva vs. Kazuyuki Fujita
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Hidehiko Yoshida
Mark Hunt vs. Josh Barnett
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Fabricio Werdum

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 08-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Hating Sheffield Utd

Quote:
Originally posted by eddieskyclad
Pride Open Weight Grand Prix quarterfinals in July

Wanderlei Silva vs. Kazuyuki Fujita
Mirko Cro Cop vs. Hidehiko Yoshida
Mark Hunt vs. Josh Barnett
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Fabricio Werdum
Hunt vs Barnett should be good
Old 08-06-2006, 08:08 PM

The big news is that Fuji TV have cancilled Pride's TV deal due to the bad PR from their recent Yakuza scandels. Not sure how much of an effect that will have to the short term considering that I'd guess they earn most of their money from tickets with 50,000 attendances but this could lead to K1 Heroes taking over as the biggest company in Japan/The World I guess.

Shame as the Japanese audience will miss on out a ring enterance at Bushido XI to rival Genki Sudo's best.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Halftime Gold; 08-06-2006 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:41 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
The big news is that Fuji TV have cancilled Pride's TV deal due to the bad PR from their recent Yakuza scandels. Not sure how much of an effect that will have to the short term considering that I'd guess they earn most of their money from tickets with 50,000 attendances but this could lead to K1 Heroes taking over as the biggest company in Japan/The World I guess.

Shame as the Japanese audience will miss on out a ring enterance at Bushido XI to rival Genki Sudo's best.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Its even better when you speed it up.

As for Pride, not sure what will happen. I can't see them not being able to snap up a new TV deal as much money as there is to be made. I'll have to email my friend at Dream Stage. Winners in this 2nd round, I'll go with Fujita, Crocop, Barnett and Nogueira.