Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win in the UFC tonight?
Tito 'The Huntington Beach Badboy' Ortiz 3 60.00%
Ken ' The Worlds Most Dangerous Man' Shamrock 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
So, UFC has Ultimate Fight Night next week. TV matches:

Diego Sanchez Vs. Karo Parisyan
Chris Leben Vs. Jorge Santiago
Dean Lister Vs. Yuki Sasaki
Josh Koscheck Vs. Jonathan Goulet

UFC 62 has:

Chuck Liddell Vs. Renato Sobral
Forrest Griffin Vs. Stephan Bonnar
Thiago Alves Vs. Josh Neer
Wes Combs Vs. Wilson Gouveia
Cory Walmsley Vs. David Heath
Yushin Okami Vs. Alan Belcher
Cheick Kongo Vs. Christian Wellisch
Hermes Franca vs. Jaime Varner

There is also a rumor of Mir vs Vera to beef up this card. Will be interesting to see how the Babalu/Liddell fight goes. Looking up Sobral's fight history, he's got some interesting opponents under his belt: Fedor, Kohsaka, Tamura, Fulton, Henderson, Illoukhine and Valentijn Overeem. And that was just his time in Rings. If he can get it to the ground, Liddell might be in trouble. I'm pretty sure Sobral will avoid the high kick this time. Since that last loss to Liddell in 2002, he hasn't been in any trouble at all. (Including choking out Shogun Rua) They keep teasing a Liddell/Wanderlei fight, if Liddell wins. No idea what happens with a Sobral win. They also say that Rich Franklin will return against Anderson Silva on the same PPV as a potential Silva/Liddell match.

Also, Brock Lesnar has been training at Pat Miletich's camp for some months now and is expected to jump into MMA. Not sure if he'll be able to fight in the US or not.

The Pride show in Vegas has released ticket prices. To view the link you have to Register or Login Hopefully, my contact at Dream Stage can hook me up with tickets. The press release hints at Fedor, Coleman, Baroni, Barnett, Randleman and Yoshida fighting. The only 2 I feel comfortable that will be fighting on this show are Baroni and Yoshida. Coleman is returning to the US soon, either on this show or UFC 63. Not sure if Barnett will get clearance to fight in Vegas.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:48 AM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Funk Butter
So, UFC has Ultimate Fight Night next week. TV matches:

Diego Sanchez Vs. Karo Parisyan
Chris Leben Vs. Jorge Santiago
Dean Lister Vs. Yuki Sasaki
Josh Koscheck Vs. Jonathan Goulet

UFC 62 has:

Chuck Liddell Vs. Renato Sobral
Forrest Griffin Vs. Stephan Bonnar
Thiago Alves Vs. Josh Neer
Wes Combs Vs. Wilson Gouveia
Cory Walmsley Vs. David Heath
Yushin Okami Vs. Alan Belcher
Cheick Kongo Vs. Christian Wellisch
Hermes Franca vs. Jaime Varner

There is also a rumor of Mir vs Vera to beef up this card. Will be interesting to see how the Babalu/Liddell fight goes. Looking up Sobral's fight history, he's got some interesting opponents under his belt: Fedor, Kohsaka, Tamura, Fulton, Henderson, Illoukhine and Valentijn Overeem. And that was just his time in Rings. If he can get it to the ground, Liddell might be in trouble. I'm pretty sure Sobral will avoid the high kick this time. Since that last loss to Liddell in 2002, he hasn't been in any trouble at all. (Including choking out Shogun Rua) They keep teasing a Liddell/Wanderlei fight, if Liddell wins. No idea what happens with a Sobral win. They also say that Rich Franklin will return against Anderson Silva on the same PPV as a potential Silva/Liddell match.

Also, Brock Lesnar has been training at Pat Miletich's camp for some months now and is expected to jump into MMA. Not sure if he'll be able to fight in the US or not.

The Pride show in Vegas has released ticket prices. To view the link you have to Register or Login Hopefully, my contact at Dream Stage can hook me up with tickets. The press release hints at Fedor, Coleman, Baroni, Barnett, Randleman and Yoshida fighting. The only 2 I feel comfortable that will be fighting on this show are Baroni and Yoshida. Coleman is returning to the US soon, either on this show or UFC 63. Not sure if Barnett will get clearance to fight in Vegas.
Baroni's still fighting? Quality! I love watching the New York Bad Ass fight! I'd love to see him fight Matt 'The Law' Lindland again, they had some proper wars.

I think Chuck will easily overwhelm Babalu. He's got the best sprawl in the game. He avoided the great Randy Couture's takedown shots, so Babalu will really struggle to get Chuck to the floor.

IMO the Ultimate Fight Night has the more interesting fights. Sanchez faces his toughest fight yet with Parisyan, in a fight i think could go either way. Dean Lister vs Yuki Sasaki will be another tough fight, with both fighters being ground experts it'll just be down to who's most up for it on the day.

I hope the add Mir vs Vera to the UFC 63 fight card, cos other than the main event and Griffin vs Liddell, i don't have a huge amount of interest in any of the other fighters. The only downside is the fact that Frank Mir is a million miles away from the level of fitness required to compete at a decent level, meaning that Brandon Vera could get yet another big scalp, without a huge amount of effort. It's a shame about whats happened to Mir. He was great to watch before the bike accident, but looks a shadow of his former self since.

So, FB. What are your predictions for the fights? Shall we all predict:

1. The winner
2. What round they'll win in
3. How they'll finish the fight

What do ya reckon?
Old 10-08-2006, 12:44 PM

SexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSexualChocolate came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
George St Pierre vs Matt Hughes! Finally, fighting Sept 23rd!!! COME ON GSP!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by SexualChocolate
George St Pierre vs Matt Hughes! Finally, fighting Sept 23rd!!! COME ON GSP!!!!!!!!
That was GSP's prize for beating BJ Penn. That is a really tough matchup for him. He's got great standup and ground skills, but Hughes' wrestling is really other-worldly. I mentioned that Brock Lesnar is training with Miletich, the reports are that Hughes is reguarly submitting him. Doesn't bode well for St Pierre.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
That was GSP's prize for beating BJ Penn. That is a really tough matchup for him. He's got great standup and ground skills, but Hughes' wrestling is really other-worldly. I mentioned that Brock Lesnar is training with Miletich, the reports are that Hughes is reguarly submitting him. Doesn't bode well for St Pierre.
GSP is the most complete MMA fighter in the world at present imo. Hughes is the stronger wrestler, but i think GSP has the edge on him in every other aspect. I think GSP has improved dramatically wince their last fight whereas Matt Hughes has stayed pretty much the same. It was only a millisecond of hesitation from Rush that gave Hughes the opportunity for an armbar, other than that they were fairly equal. I go for GSP all the way this time round.

But, then again, he is my favourite fighter, so i'm probably biased.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
GSP is the most complete MMA fighter in the world at present imo. Hughes is the stronger wrestler, but i think GSP has the edge on him in every other aspect. I think GSP has improved dramatically wince their last fight whereas Matt Hughes has stayed pretty much the same. It was only a millisecond of hesitation from Rush that gave Hughes the opportunity for an armbar, other than that they were fairly equal. I go for GSP all the way this time round.

But, then again, he is my favourite fighter, so i'm probably biased.
I'll lean towards Hughes at the moment due to his ******-like strength for somebody at 170.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I'll lean towards Hughes at the moment due to his ******-like strength for somebody at 170.
Old 25-08-2006, 04:03 PM

Has anyone seen TUF 4? The show with the old UFC fighters in it? There's a pretty good line-up, with a few of my preferred fighters in there, like Chris 'Lights Out' Lyttle and Matt 'The Terror' Serra.
Old 25-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Has anyone seen TUF 4? The show with the old UFC fighters in it? There's a pretty good line-up, with a few of my preferred fighters in there, like Chris 'Lights Out' Lyttle and Matt 'The Terror' Serra.
I saw the first week but missed last night, gotta catch the replay.

BTW, your boy GSP is out of the match with Hughes with a pulled groin muscle. BJ Penn will step in for the fight instead at UFC 63.
Old 25-08-2006, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I saw the first week but missed last night, gotta catch the replay.

BTW, your boy GSP is out of the match with Hughes with a pulled groin muscle. BJ Penn will step in for the fight instead at UFC 63.
You're kidding?? No way does BJ deserve that! GSP is so unlucky, he's deserved the title shot for the past year. What a f*cker.
Old 25-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
You're kidding?? No way does BJ deserve that! GSP is so unlucky, he's deserved the title shot for the past year. What a f*cker.
Actually Karo Parysian deserves it too, since he was scheduled to fight Hughes for the title last year before getting hurt. That's when Hughes blew thru Riggs. I think 170lb it really stacked right now. You have Hughes, GSP, Penn, Karo, Sanchez all with legitimate games.
Old 25-08-2006, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Actually Karo Parysian deserves it too, since he was scheduled to fight Hughes for the title last year before getting hurt. That's when Hughes blew thru Riggs. I think 170lb it really stacked right now. You have Hughes, GSP, Penn, Karo, Sanchez all with legitimate games.
You think Diego is up there with the best of them do you? I still think he's a little way off the rest. Give him a year or two, then maybe. I do agree with Parysian though, i think Hughes & GSP have the edge, closely followed by Penn & Karo. It's definitely the most exciting weight class at the mo. This time last year, i would've said the Light Heavyweight division was up there, but i can't really see past Chuck in the UFC at present.

I'm so p1ssed off for GSP now!!
Old 25-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
You think Diego is up there with the best of them do you? I still think he's a little way off the rest. Give him a year or two, then maybe. I do agree with Parysian though, i think Hughes & GSP have the edge, closely followed by Penn & Karo. It's definitely the most exciting weight class at the mo. This time last year, i would've said the Light Heavyweight division was up there, but i can't really see past Chuck in the UFC at present.

I'm so p1ssed off for GSP now!!
That thrashing that Diego laid on Karo was something. Even knocked his tooth clean out. He has fantastic grappling and submissions and good ground defense. He needs more stand-up work. He might be in trouble against Hughes' world class wrestling, but so does everybody else.
Old 29-08-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
That thrashing that Diego laid on Karo was something. Even knocked his tooth clean out. He has fantastic grappling and submissions and good ground defense. He needs more stand-up work. He might be in trouble against Hughes' world class wrestling, but so does everybody else.
I thought it was Diaz who knocked out Karo's tooth? I didn't realise Diego had fought him, that hasn't been shown over here yet.

Did you see UFC62? What a show! Forrest looks infinitely better. You can see the benefit he's had of working with Randy Coutoure. I liked the look of Cheick Kongo as well. He's got the the speed and agility of Andre Arlowski, but the power of Cabbage/Sylvia. He looks pretty exciting, but then again, its not difficult to look exciting in the heavyweight division of the UFC is it?!
Old 29-08-2006, 02:01 PM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I thought it was Diaz who knocked out Karo's tooth? I didn't realise Diego had fought him, that hasn't been shown over here yet.

Did you see UFC62? What a show! Forrest looks infinitely better. You can see the benefit he's had of working with Randy Coutoure. I liked the look of Cheick Kongo as well. He's got the the speed and agility of Andre Arlowski, but the power of Cabbage/Sylvia. He looks pretty exciting, but then again, its not difficult to look exciting in the heavyweight division of the UFC is it?!
The undercard matchs were more interesting than I was expecting(I.E very little) but the main events were IMHO disapointing. Griffon/Bonnar wasnt really competitive and Babalu taking lessons from Arlovski in rushing in and getting TKOed in under 2 mins wasnt very impressive.

The full card for Final Conflict on the 10th of september...

OWGP SEMI- Mirko Filipovic vs. Wanderlei Silva
OWGP SEMI- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Josh Barnett
OWGP RESERVE BOUT- Sergey Kharitonov vs. Aleksander Emelianenko
Alistair Overeem vs. Ricardo Arona
Mauricio Rua vs. Cyrile Diabate
Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Yoshihiro Nakao
Evangelista Santos vs. Yosuke Nishijima
Old 29-08-2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Halftime Gold
The full card for Final Conflict on the 10th of september...

OWGP SEMI- Mirko Filipovic vs. Wanderlei Silva
OWGP SEMI- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Josh Barnett
OWGP RESERVE BOUT- Sergey Kharitonov vs. Aleksander Emelianenko
Alistair Overeem vs. Ricardo Arona
Mauricio Rua vs. Cyrile Diabate
Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Yoshihiro Nakao
Evangelista Santos vs. Yosuke Nishijima
Is this being shown anywhere?
Old 05-09-2006, 10:10 AM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've been watching the Ultimate Fighter 4. Its a good idea and given that all but one of the participants have never been offered a title shot means that we get some fresh blood so to speak challenging at the top for a change.

I am a relative newcomer to MMA but have seen some old fights involving Josh Barnett in the UFC. They should try and get him back - he would shake up the heavyweight division a bit.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:59 AM

Halftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalftime Gold came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I am a relative newcomer to MMA but have seen some old fights involving Josh Barnett in the UFC. They should try and get him back - he would shake up the heavyweight division a bit.
He failed a drugs test a few months after winning the UFC HW title and had his license to fight in the US revoked. I'd guess he could now return but fighting in Pride probabley earns him alot more cash than the UFC are prepaired to offer him.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Generater of distruction

Location: JK Rowling is a bigot and a children’s author. In that order.
BringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBringBackSasa came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't see Barnett returning to the UFC, not while the money & HW competition is still with Pride. And whilst on the subject of 'roids, Stephan Bonnar failed a test after the Griffin fight.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:41 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Didn't do him much good did they?