Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:56 PM

Oldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is hereOldtown Eagle Sam the man is here
Money in football

There is much debate about spending money in football. We casually talk about millions spent on players and wages. Man City will no doubt be champions and it had to be said they play some exciting football. BUT since Pep took over in 2016 they have spent 448 million notes. Just one club. How can football square that outside of the football world it does not make sense morally. In fact tough to justify it at all.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:59 AM
Once a Mascot

Palaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceand30 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
448 million just on transfers. Wages are something else.

Money should not be reported. I feel disconnected by the amounts paid. 50 MILLION FOR KYLE WALKER!! Oh dear.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:39 AM

lewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was a stat about pep and his spending at Man City something like when he spends another £69 million he will have spent more than Ferguson in his 25 year reign at UTd
Old 04-03-2018, 05:16 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtown Eagle View Post
There is much debate about spending money in football. We casually talk about millions spent on players and wages. Man City will no doubt be champions and it had to be said they play some exciting football. BUT since Pep took over in 2016 they have spent 448 million notes. Just one club. How can football square that outside of the football world it does not make sense morally. In fact tough to justify it at all.
It will never in a million years happen, but I would cap the wages to a less immorally reprehensible amount and let the so called better players feck off abroad if they so wish.

I guarantee you it would not diminish our enjoyment of the game in England one iota, and might actually enhance the national side as it would lead to more youth products being blooded. I’ve said it before, but football doesn’t have to be played at that high a standard for it to be a highly entertaining spectacle. It’s the other things like the spectators, tribal rivalry, league system and history that gets the body tingling with excitement.

I know intellectually when I’m watching Man City that I’m watching an exceptional level of football being played but sorry, it leaves me utterly cold. Wimbledon back in the day excited me more.