Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-02-2018, 07:54 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
No. I was gutted for him.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Ok the title seems a bit weird maybe, but looking at the team Yugoslavia had in the Early 1990s before the Bosnian War kicked off and how good subsequent split teams have been at times like Croatia, just how good could that Yugoslavia team have been? Obviously Denmark took their place and won It, I wonder how Yugoslavia would have faired... Croatia went on to finish 3rd at the World Cup 6 years later.

The actual reason I got thinking about this was that Red Star Belgrade won the European Cup and subsequent Intercontinetal Cup in 1991. There was obviously a real talent around Yugoslavia at the time, you kind of have to wonder where they as a footballing nation and their clubs might have been now had the War not split it all up?!
Weirdly I was thinking about a similar thing related to this subject earlier before seeing this thread.

Famously, Denmark won the 1992 European Championships despite not qualifying, having finished 2nd to Yugoslavia in the group.

Logically, if Yugoslavia had been in the tournament they would have stood a very good chance of winning themselves

If the war had been delayed another year or two and that had happened, would the ensuing national celebration in Yugoslavia been enough to prevent the break-up and resulting war?
Old 28-02-2018, 08:02 PM

legaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is herelegaleagle2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Out of interest as I don't know, is there a reason why there isn't still a "Yugoslavia"? I don't know how the name came to be for the area etc.

"land of the South Slavs"...once they was no longer any union of the south slavs the name went
Old 28-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
Weirdly I was thinking about a similar thing related to this subject earlier before seeing this thread.

Famously, Denmark won the 1992 European Championships despite not qualifying, having finished 2nd to Yugoslavia in the group.

Logically, if Yugoslavia had been in the tournament they would have stood a very good chance of winning themselves

If the war had been delayed another year or two and that had happened, would the ensuing national celebration in Yugoslavia been enough to prevent the break-up and resulting war?
Another thing I remember in the Panini Euro 92 sticker album they had Denmark in as a Spare team and Italy as well. I assume Italy as the second best runner up would have been offered the place had Denmark turned it down?
Old 28-02-2018, 10:31 PM

Mr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is here
I think a united Yugoslavia would have done very well in the mid 1990s, as shown by Red Star Belgrade winning the 1991 European Cup and Croatia reaching the semi finals of France 98 with so many great players. They would still be a strong force now, with Serbia and Croatia having both qualified for the World Cup and Bosnia and Slovenia also qualifying for recent World Cups. There are also a few players who were born in Yugoslavia who represent other countries after moving there because of the war such as Xherdan Shaqiri and Adnan Januzaj.

The club sides have also suffered - the likes of Red Star Belgrade, Partizan Belgrade and Dynamo Zagreb will never reach the heights that they did before the war.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:34 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Handanovic. I’d be surprised if Latvian Eagle hasn’t heard of Kevin Kampl, considering he played for the team in his avatar until recently. Ilicic or however you spell it in Italy is good too, from there I’m out though.
Any relation to Everton’s Kevin Campbell? I swear that he always used to score against us
Old 01-03-2018, 05:41 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Any relation to Everton’s Kevin Campbell? I swear that he always used to score against us
Post #33, Trigger.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:01 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I should have read the whole thread
Old 05-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Banned by Moderators

mayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemayfield : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Could've been a great side today, but the Balkans is full of uber-nationalist arseholes, so a no-goer, even though Croats, Serbs & Bosniaks all speak the same Serbian language.
They're often referred to as "Balk*nts" for a reason. Their k*ntishness was of course exploited by NATO & the EU.

But they're all into sports & produce a lot of good competitors considering their small populations. Even little Montenegro have proved to be a tough outfit in WC & Euro Qualifiers.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfield View Post
Could've been a great side today, but the Balkans is full of uber-nationalist arseholes, so a no-goer, even though Croats, Serbs & Bosniaks all speak the same Serbian language.
They're often referred to as "Balk*nts" for a reason. Their k*ntishness was of course exploited by NATO & the EU.

But they're all into sports & produce a lot of good competitors considering their small populations. Even little Montenegro have proved to be a tough outfit in WC & Euro Qualifiers.
I know it wouldn't happen for very obvious reasons, but it would almost in footballing terms be in their best interests to have a Balkans football league rather than each countries own separate league.

Someone did say that the club teams won't ever be good enough to challenge and of course they won't. You only have to see how poorly clubs like Dinamo Zagreb and Maribor get on in Europe to tell that the Leagues just aren't good enough or competitive enough.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:40 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Quote:
I know it wouldn't happen for very obvious reasons, but it would almost in footballing terms be in their best interests to have a Balkans football league rather than each countries own separate league.

Someone did say that the club teams won't ever be good enough to challenge and of course they won't. You only have to see how poorly clubs like Dinamo Zagreb and Maribor get on in Europe to tell that the Leagues just aren't good enough or competitive enough.
I'd move over there for a year just to follow a Balkans league, what chaos that would bring every match
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 05-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I'd move over there for a year just to follow a Balkans league, what chaos that would bring every match
Well it did used to be the Yugoslavian League. No idea what the crowd trouble was like back in those days. If such a league existed again I would probably keep an eye on Red Star Belgrade. Not sure about the massively over sized white panel on their kit though.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Well it did used to be the Yugoslavian League. No idea what the crowd trouble was like back in those days.
According to Danny Dyer, 'sex' was involved. International Football Factories was on London Live the other day. If you can look past the shots of a total geezah stressin' his canister in a moody dibdab going over to the dark side etc. it's almost worth watching.