Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Ashford Town (Kent) 2 Bromley 0 – League Cup 1st Round - 12/09/06

An injury hit, makeshift Bromley side suffered their first competitive defeat of the season against a hard working and tough tackling Ashford side and ducked out of the league cup on Tuesday night.

Sam Moore was called upon almost immediately to make a fine save as the home side went on the offensive from the kick off. Bromley settled and played some nice stuff the impressive Kirk Watts crossed for Lloyd Blackman whose header was saved by Simon Overland in the home goal.

Ashford took the lead on 26mins when Anthony Allman crashed the ball into the net from 20yards out. George Fenwick almost doubled the lead straight after with a shot from a similar distance but it hit the post. The Ravens came back into things and had a spell on top Adrian Stone was denied by Overland, Barry Moore crossed for Blackman who headed just wide and Michael Donovan was just off target with a header from a corner. The half finished with the side from Division One South just about good for their lead.

The second half saw both sides have good spells of possession, half time sub Simon Osborn crossed for Blackman who hit the bar for Bromley, but Ashford went one better at the other end on 72mins when Richard Sinden headed home from a corner for 2-0 to kill the game off.

Bromley had a late rally looking for a goal they had a good shout for a penalty after a clear hand ball turned down and the other half time sub Peter Adeniyi fired a shot just over, but it wasn’t to be for The Ravens. Credit to Ashford who didn’t’ allow Bromley any space to play, were very solid at the back all night and not afraid to have an effort on goal.

Bromley: S Moore, Price, R Watts, B Moore, Fieldwick, Donovan, K Watts, Greenway, Blackman, Stone, Simpson. Subs: Osborn, Adeniyi, Smith, McDonnell.
Old 15-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Wellington NZ

TN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldTN16_Eagle was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
The FA Cup Starts for Bromley FC tomorrow!
FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round
Bromley vs AFC Totton
Hayes Lane 3pm
Old 16-09-2006, 01:07 PM
Wellington NZ

The magic of the FA Cup, time to get over the shite that Palace served up on Tuesday, it's got to be better than that. . . . . . . . . .
Old 16-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Wellington NZ

Bromley FC 4 - 0 AFC Totton

A good start to the FA Cup this year, though once again the game never really got going (especially in the 2nd half) due to Bromley being in cruise control.

Bromley have now scored a total of 13 goals in their last 3 home games, only conceeding 1.

match report to follow.
Old 16-09-2006, 06:40 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by TN16_Eagle
Bromley FC 4 - 0 AFC Totton

A good start to the FA Cup this year,
Good to hear. I believe that the last time Bromley got to play against League opposition in the FA Cup was in 1977 when they plucked a tie at Swindon Town. They were only 0-1 down with 20 mins left and lost, erm......0-6. I've been waiting for another go ever since! That year also, i was there when we beat Walton & Hersham 9-3 in the final qualifying round. The previous year Palace had beaten them on their way to the semi!
Old 16-09-2006, 06:45 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sleeping Giant
Good to hear. I believe that the last time Bromley got to play against League opposition in the FA Cup was in 1977 when they plucked a tie at Swindon Town. They were only 0-1 down with 20 mins left and lost, erm......0-6. I've been waiting for another go ever since! That year also, i was there when we beat Walton & Hersham 9-3 in the final qualifying round. The previous year Palace had beaten them on their way to the semi!
I think they made it to the first round one more time since then, but lost to another non-league team.

I was at the Swindon game. I seem to think it was 7-0, but no evidence to back that up other than my fading memory.

They had a great team back then... John Duffy (who should have scored when it was 0-0 at Swindon) and Junior Crooks are two names that stick in my head.
Old 16-09-2006, 07:01 PM

Sleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is hereSleeping Giant Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
I think they made it to the first round one more time since then, but lost to another non-league team.

I was at the Swindon game. I seem to think it was 7-0, but no evidence to back that up other than my fading memory.

They had a great team back then... John Duffy (who should have scored when it was 0-0 at Swindon) and Junior Crooks are two names that stick in my head.

I belive they did only get to the 1st proper once more but they didnt play league opposition, losing 0-2 to Enfield I recall. From the 70's team I thought Derek Brown was marvelllous too, and Phil Emblen (ex Palace Neil's dad) ws at centre back around then. Dave Waight? and Butch Dunn a couple of years later I remember being pretty good also. Used to really enjoy going down there to watch. It's still a great ambition to see the club in The Conference one day
Old 16-09-2006, 07:22 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
I belive they did only get to the 1st proper once more but they didnt play league opposition, losing 0-2 to Enfield I recall. From the 70's team I thought Derek Brown was marvelllous too, and Phil Emblen (ex Palace Neil's dad) ws at centre back around then. Dave Waight? and Butch Dunn a couple of years later I remember being pretty good also. Used to really enjoy going down there to watch. It's still a great ambition to see the club in The Conference one day
You're going make me dig my old programmes out aren't you!

I hear Junior Crooks passed away a few years ago, and something in the back of my head tells me something happened to Butch Dunn.

The goalkeeper, whose name is escaping me, back then was pretty good too.
Old 16-09-2006, 10:31 PM
The Spiky One

Swindon v Bromley 20/10/76

Bromley (per the programme)

1. Broadway
2. Hawkins
3. Read
4. Mann
5. Emblin
6. Clarke
7. Maw
8. McCarthy
9. Duffy
10.Crooks
11.Brown
12.West

And it was 7-0
Old 17-09-2006, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Swindon v Bromley 20/10/76

Bromley (per the programme)

1. Broadway
2. Hawkins
3. Read
4. Mann
5. Emblin
6. Clarke
7. Maw
8. McCarthy
9. Duffy
10.Crooks
11.Brown
12.West

And it was 7-0

Nice one! Shame it was 7 though, for some reason that seems so much worse than 6. Really, dreadfully humiliating stuff!
Old 17-09-2006, 11:18 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Nice one! Shame it was 7 though, for some reason that seems so much worse than 6. Really, dreadfully humiliating stuff!
At least it wasn't 9-0!

I remember all the "Lads" from Bromley went. A mishmash of fans of every London club, plus some that weren't even into football. All the "herberts" came out of the woodwork that day.

I think it all took Swindon a bit by surprise.
Old 18-09-2006, 02:24 AM
The Spiky One

Just watched the video highlights of the game. I don't know why, but the name Totton makes me smile anyway, and then they play in PINK!

Their goalkeeper looked rather "industrial strength" to be kind, as did a couple of others in pink.

Last edited by Hedgehog; 18-09-2006 at 03:05 AM.
Old 18-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Wellington NZ

Bromley 4 AFC Totton 0 – FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round - 16/09/06

Bromley progressed to the next round of the FA Cup after seeing off Wessex League side AFC Totton at Hayes Lane on Saturday and they could have won by more than four goals but for the fantastic performance of visiting keeper Joe McCormack.

Lining up 4-4-2 with only one fit recognised centre back The Ravens took the initiative and McCormack had to make a save from Lloyd Blackman soon followed by two stops from Nic McDonnell headers, both set up by Sam Wood crosses. Totton, wearing bight pink shirts, got lots of men behind the ball and looked solid, McCormack made a fine save from a Barry Moore free kick before Bromley eventually got their break through on 25mins. Moore this time sent in a ball for McDonnell who headed home despite the best efforts of the busy Keeper who got a hand to it.

Moore shot just wide as The Ravens pressed and their dominance paid off again on 39mins when Blackman was floored on the edge of the box only to pick himself up and curl in a sublime free kick for 2-0 at the break.

The second half saw Bromley start brightly McDonnell shot just over and sub Tony Boot, returning from the LD World Cup, rolled the ball just wide after a strong run. Wood was denied by the inspired McCormack following a good move, Mark Corneille crossed for Peter Adeniyi who headed wide and sub Simon Osborn fired over before Totton had their best spell of the match. Lee Stevens fired a free kick over and The Stags had two penalty shouts turned down, but they could get anything past the solid Keeping of Andy Walker.

Adrian Stone was introduced and looked lively he had a fierce drive saved by McCormack before Bromley were reduced to ten men after Lee Fieldwick had to go off injured and their were no more subs available.

Fouad Hamodu put a header just wide from a free kick for Totton before The Ravens finally put the game beyond doubt in injury time. A multi pass move involving Wood & Adeniyi finally saw the ball come to Osborn who crashed the ball in from 20yards for 3-0. Almost immediately from the re-start Stone was denied by McCormack only for Osborn to play in Boot who curled the ball in off the post for 4-0 and a place in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup.

Bromley: Walker, Corneille, Fieldwick, Greenway, O’Sullivan, Adeniyi, Moore, Watts, Wood, Blackman, McDonnell. Subs: Boot, Osborn, Stone, Simpson, Shimell.

Attendance - 610
Old 18-09-2006, 01:42 PM

KentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKentExpress : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Next round in the cup.

FA Cup 2nd Qual Round: Lowestoft Town Vs Bromley
Old 21-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Just watched the video highlights of the game. I don't know why, but the name Totton makes me smile anyway, and then they play in PINK!

Their goalkeeper looked rather "industrial strength" to be kind, as did a couple of others in pink.

thought dulwich hamlet had turned up

to be fair mate,their keeper wasn't bad for his size,he kept the score down!!

pretty much one way traffic though
Old 23-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Till Lindeman

Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.
Bromley won 4-0 away at Hampton today!
Sonisphere 31/07/10

http://www.rammstein.com

Xbox 360 gamertag: Mabbages
Old 25-09-2006, 01:02 PM
Wellington NZ

Quote:
Originally posted by ****!
Bromley won 4-0 away at Hampton today!
Yep and here's the match report from the Results Blog.

Hampton & Richmond Borough 0 Bromley 4 – League - 23/09/06

Bromley maintained their position at the top of the table with a convincing victory on a sunny September afternoon by The Thames.

Hampton adopted a very physical approach from the off with Kirk Watts & Sam Wood on the receiving end of the bulk of the challenges. Bromley toughed it out though and after a good spell of pressure took the lead on 9mins when Peter Adeniyi sent in a great through ball which Nic McDonnell glanced into the path of wing wizard Watts who coolly beat home Keeper Matt Lovett from 10yards out.

4mins later The Ravens were 2-0 up when Watts turned provider playing in McDonnell who finished well from inside the box. Hampton defender Yiadam Yeboah was booked after a cynical body check on Wood as Bromley continued to press for more goals and the home defence started to argue amongst itself.

When tested Donal O’Sullivan, Tutu Henriques and Francis Duku were very solid at the back doing a great job in containing Lawrence Yaku The Beavers attacking threat.

Watts & McDonnell both narrowly missed the target as the half went on, the third goal eventually coming on 39mins when a deep corner was headed back into danger by O’Sullivan and Adeniyi powered a header towards the goal, the ball deflecting in off the back of Duku. To the bemused delight of most Bromley fans the game looked won at the break.

The second half started with Hampton on top, but Bromley’s defence holding out well, The Beavers had a couple of penalty shouts but no more than that. Mark Goldberg decided to ring the changes bringing on all three subs and it livened up The Ravens almost immediately. O’Sullivan was denied by Lovett, sub Simon Osborn and Lloyd Blackman shot wide, midfield dynamo Barry Moore forced a great save from Lovett and sub Tony Boot fired over after great work by Duku & sub Adrian Stone.

Dudley Gardner missed with the home sides best chance before Bromley sealed the victory on 85mins with a superbly worked goal, Adeniyi, Stone and Corneille combined to set up Boot who volleyed home from 6yards out.

The comfort of this victory over last seasons defeated play off finalists left Bromley fans pinching themselves and praying this great run of performances and results lasts.

Bromley: Walker, Corneille, Wood, Duku, Henriques, O’Sullivan, Adeniyi, Watts, Moore, Blackman, McDonnell. Subs: Boot, Osborn, Stone, Simpson, Greenway.
Old 25-09-2006, 01:03 PM
Wellington NZ

League table

Away at Margate Tuesday - another "big" match!

Bromley 8 6 2 0 19 4 +15 20
Horsham 8 6 2 0 19 7 +12 20
Tonbridge Angels 8 6 1 1 16 7 +9 19
Margate 8 5 2 1 19 11 +8 17
AFC Wimbledon 8 3 5 0 11 3 +8 14
Heybridge Swifts 8 4 2 2 13 8 +5 14
Leyton 8 4 2 2 13 11 +2 14
Harrow Borough 8 4 2 2 7 5 +2 14
Billericay Town 8 3 4 1 7 6 +1 13
Hampton & Richmond Borough 8 4 1 3 11 12 -1 13
Chelmsford City 8 3 3 2 16 13 +3 12
Boreham Wood 8 2 5 1 13 8 +5 11
Ramsgate 8 3 1 4 10 12 -2 10
Staines Town 8 2 3 3 10 9 +1 9
Ashford Town (Middx) 8 2 3 3 12 17 -5 9
East Thurrock United 8 2 2 4 7 11 -4 8
Carshalton Athletic 8 1 3 4 5 8 -3 6
Folkestone Invicta 8 1 2 5 5 16 -11 5
Slough Town 8 1 1 6 6 15 -9 4
Hendon 8 0 2 6 3 14 -11 2
Walton & Hersham 8 0 2 6 3 15 -12 2
Worthing 8 0 2 6 7 20 -13 2
Old 25-09-2006, 02:31 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
on fire!
Old 25-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Wellington NZ

I might even make the trip/trips to Margate and Lowestoft at this rate.