Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 30-01-2008, 12:00 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
Merde alors!

Ederson a signé à Lyon. Un accord ayant été conclu lundi entre Nice et Lyon, Ederson (Photo L'Equipe) a effectué un aller-retour express ce mardi à Lyon, où il s'est officiellement engagé pour quatre ans et demi. Le joueur devrait toutefois être prêté à Nice jusqu'à la fin de la saison, même si Jean-Michel Aulas espère le garder. Les dirigeants des deux clubs en discuteront mercredi.

For those who don't read French, Ederson - top Brazilian midfielder this year at Nice - has been signed by Lyons for around €15m. At least we get to keep him on loan for the rest of the season.
Old 30-01-2008, 12:01 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
More..

(ESP)-AULAS - EDERSON SNUBBED REAL AND UNITED
2008-01-30 05:53 (New York)

AULAS - EDERSON SNUBBED REAL AND UNITED
LYON, January 30 (Ligue 1) - Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas claims new
signing Ederson turned down Manchester United and Real Madrid to join the
French
champions.
The Brazilian attacking midfielder completed his switch to Les Gones on Tuesday
for a fee of around 15 million euros.
And Aulas claims his club beat two of Europe's heavyweights to the
22-year-old's signature.
``He could have signed for Manchester (United) or Real Madrid, but he preferred
OL,'' he said on club website To view the link you have to Register or Login
``It is a sign that the club has grown, that our credibility is growing.''
Ederson has signed a four-and-a-half-year contract with Lyon, who are expected
to respect the player's wishes and loan him back to Nice for the rest of this
season.
He will then join Les Gones on a permanent basis in the summer.
Lyon have signed young midfielder Marc Crosas from Barcelona and Cesar Delgado
from Mexican outfit Cruz Azul in the January transfer window.
And Aulas believes the club are on their way to rivalling the likes of United
and Real on the pitch.
``His (Ederson's) arrival will reinforce a top-class team, an extraordinary
squad that brings together talented young internationals like Hatem (Ben Arfa),
Karim (Benzema) or even Loic (Remy),'' he added.
``A team for tomorrow being put together with a desire to fight on an equal
footing with the biggest European clubs like Real Madrid or even Manchester
United.''
end
Old 30-01-2008, 01:29 PM

He doesn't just take the free kicks then.....

Ederson signed as one for Lyon future

Ederson will move to Lyon this summer (©Getty Images)Olympique Lyonnais have engaged the services of Ederson at a cost of €15m, with the midfielder joining the French champions in the summer after spending the rest of the season with OGC Nice.

Juninho role
The 22-year-old Brazilian has passed a medical with the Ligue 1 leaders but will remain with Nice for the next four months before completing the switch. Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas paid tribute to the influence of midfielder Juninho Pernambucano in helping to sign a player coveted by a number of clubs and considered the long-term successor to the 32-year-old Lyon captain. "Juninho has called Ederson several times," Aulas said

Growing in stature
Ederson started his career with SC Internacional in his native Brazil before moving to EC Juventude in 2004 prior to his transfer to Nice – initially on loan – that summmer. Although he started just one league game in his first term at Les Aiglons, he impressed enough for the deal to be made permanent in 2005. Ederson has since become a key figure for a team lying fourth in Ligue 1, scoring 12 goals in 77 league matches.
Old 30-01-2008, 08:59 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by GodstoneEagle
my dad knows steve savidan. top player
I saw Lyon against Valenciennes last season, with Lyon sneaking a 2-1 victory with two goals in the dying minutes. Steve Savidan gave the Lyon defence a right run-around that night. I think Lyon even made a sneaky bid for him in last winter's transfer window. He is a very good player often left to fend for himself in attack. He's showing real potential after drifting from one club to another in the lower echelons of French football.
Old 30-01-2008, 09:06 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by BB Bob
He doesn't just take the free kicks then.....

Ederson signed as one for Lyon future

Ederson will move to Lyon this summer (©Getty Images)Olympique Lyonnais have engaged the services of Ederson at a cost of €15m, with the midfielder joining the French champions in the summer after spending the rest of the season with OGC Nice.

Juninho role
The 22-year-old Brazilian has passed a medical with the Ligue 1 leaders but will remain with Nice for the next four months before completing the switch. Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas paid tribute to the influence of midfielder Juninho Pernambucano in helping to sign a player coveted by a number of clubs and considered the long-term successor to the 32-year-old Lyon captain. "Juninho has called Ederson several times," Aulas said

Growing in stature
Ederson started his career with SC Internacional in his native Brazil before moving to EC Juventude in 2004 prior to his transfer to Nice – initially on loan – that summmer. Although he started just one league game in his first term at Les Aiglons, he impressed enough for the deal to be made permanent in 2005. Ederson has since become a key figure for a team lying fourth in Ligue 1, scoring 12 goals in 77 league matches.
Sorry to hear that Aulas has signed one of the Aiglons' prized assets. I heard there was a clause in his contract stipulating that if an offer of more than 12,000,000 Euros came in, they couldn't turn it down. On moral grounds Ederson couldn't leave Nice before the end of the season, although Aulas was seeking to tempt him to come immediately by offering Loic Remy (another promising youngster) in exchange.
Old 30-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Steve Savidan will surely leave Valenciennes this summer and the lord only knows what will happen to them next season. Some of the goals he scores are fantastic and, with all due respect to Valenciennes, he deserves the chance to test himself at a higher level. I am sure that one of the bigger clubs would love to have him. Good enough for the Premiership? Could be. After all, players like John Utaka have stepped up fairly well
he would like to stay in frnace or come to the prem. my dad hates football so hasn't tried to convince him to come to palace
Old 30-01-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
he would like to stay in frnace or come to the prem. my dad hates football so hasn't tried to convince him to come to palace
Won't we be in the Premier League next season? Surely we could offer him better wages than what Valenciennes are paying him at the moment. Having said that, to me, he doesn't seem like the type who would cross the Channel that easily. I think we'll have to make do with Benzema instead.
Old 30-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
we could be

i think he looks like a class centre-forward. pompey are probably favourites as karembeu is scouting france constantly for them but i feel he'd fit into any mid-prem side easily
Old 30-01-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
we could be

i think he looks like a class centre-forward. pompey are probably favourites as karembeu is scouting france constantly for them but i feel he'd fit into any mid-prem side easily
Who? Savidan or Benzema?
Old 31-01-2008, 09:57 AM

I think I can fairly confidently say that Benzema is not going to Pompey anytime soon!!!
Old 31-01-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kabbott
Sorry to hear that Aulas has signed one of the Aiglons' prized assets. I heard there was a clause in his contract stipulating that if an offer of more than 12,000,000 Euros came in, they couldn't turn it down. On moral grounds Ederson couldn't leave Nice before the end of the season, although Aulas was seeking to tempt him to come immediately by offering Loic Remy (another promising youngster) in exchange.
Like Palace, Nice are always going to be a club that sees it's best players go on to bigger and better things. I'm not sure moving to a new stadium will sort that out, either. Kone will probably be next and then you are back where you started - mid table, flirting with relegation and the odd cup run to look forward to. Still, it's quite fun being in the sunlit highlands for a little while from time to time.

Big game at home to Marseille on Sunday evening for both clubs now. Nice haven't lost at home for more than a year, but I suspect it could be tested this weekend!
Old 31-01-2008, 01:35 PM

DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!DedBallSpeshlst knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
I was at the Marseille - Caen match on Saturday night (I support Caen so couldn't enjoy myself even though there were some cracking goals among Marseille's 6!).

A quick bitch from me: Caen scored their first after two minutes and had scored again within 15 minutes for what should have been a 2-0 lead. The ball went about 2 feet across the line into the goal before the Marseille keeper knocked it back into play, and the officials pretended not to see it because every decision has to be in favour of the bigger club. Anyway, a lot of Marseille players falling over for automatic free kicks (and admittedly some great finishing) and six goals later...

On Steve Savidan - I started a thread in the transfer forum suggesting him for Palace before Valenciennes had moved up to Ligue 1 (I'd seen him play in Caen and in some other televised Ligue 2 matches). The responses I received at the time were "Steve Who?" and "Are you his manager?".

Old 31-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm a Bordeaux fan as they're the team nearest to my parents' gaff in France and all my mum's family are from around that way.

We're having a good season again this year, not that far behind Lyon which is pleasing.

And... that's it!
Old 31-01-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DedBallSpeshlst
I was at the Marseille - Caen match on Saturday night (I support Caen so couldn't enjoy myself even though there were some cracking goals among Marseille's 6!).

A quick bitch from me: Caen scored their first after two minutes and had scored again within 15 minutes for what should have been a 2-0 lead. The ball went about 2 feet across the line into the goal before the Marseille keeper knocked it back into play, and the officials pretended not to see it because every decision has to be in favour of the bigger club. Anyway, a lot of Marseille players falling over for automatic free kicks (and admittedly some great finishing) and six goals later...

On Steve Savidan - I started a thread in the transfer forum suggesting him for Palace before Valenciennes had moved up to Ligue 1 (I'd seen him play in Caen and in some other televised Ligue 2 matches). The responses I received at the time were "Steve Who?" and "Are you his manager?".

I saw the highlights - shocking decision, particularly as Cisse's first was almost identical and given. I guess that kind of thing always happens at the Velodrome and the Parc des Princes etc.! You must be pleased with the season you've had so far though. Time for some bouncebackability (or whatever the Warnock equivalent is)
Old 31-01-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Abjekt
I'm a Bordeaux fan as they're the team nearest to my parents' gaff in France and all my mum's family are from around that way.

We're having a good season again this year, not that far behind Lyon which is pleasing.

And... that's it!
Laurent Blanc is doing a fantastic job at Bordeaux. Nice to see them playing with a bit of style, too, after the dreadful guff served up last year. Bellion is doing well, isn't he. I can't remember the Argentinian's name, but he seems to be on fire at the mo. too.
Old 31-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah from what I've seen this season, they've been looking real quality, it's great stuff!

Bellion's doing brilliantly, think he's got 11 for the season which is a great return. And it's good having Cavenaghi in too for a bit of extra.

Hopefully they can give it a bit of a push and wrestle the title away from Lyon, I'd say it was the best chance they'll have had in the last few years, but I'm sure they won't manage it.
Old 31-01-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I saw the highlights - shocking decision, particularly as Cisse's first was almost identical and given. I guess that kind of thing always happens at the Velodrome and the Parc des Princes etc.! You must be pleased with the season you've had so far though. Time for some bouncebackability (or whatever the Warnock equivalent is)
I saw it too. Disgraceful decision which changed the course of the whole game. How times have we seen Marseille (and PSG for that matter) moaning about dodgy decisions against them? They didn't seem too upset the other night. Having said that, two cracking goals by Valbuena, even better than the one he got at Anfield.
There's been a lot of talk about the poor standard of refereeing over here, but I don't think it's worse than anywhere else.
Old 31-01-2008, 08:20 PM

The commentator made some uber cheesy comment about it being called the valbuenadrome from now on!

You can't really look beyond Lyon, but they are a young team and under pressure. They could easily have lost at ASSE at the weekend. I don't think any of the minnows will hold on to be honest, but who knows. And if l'OM can get over their post ribery hangover, they could challenge for Euro spots.

I can't believe,either, that lille or lens will be as bad in the 2nd half of the season. Papin's had a mare, hasn't he? And has anyone seen a worse striker (and I use the word in it's loosest sense) than him this year?
Old 31-01-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
The commentator made some uber cheesy comment about it being called the valbuenadrome from now on!

You can't really look beyond Lyon, but they are a young team and under pressure. They could easily have lost at ASSE at the weekend. I don't think any of the minnows will hold on to be honest, but who knows. And if l'OM can get over their post ribery hangover, they could challenge for Euro spots.

I can't believe,either, that lille or lens will be as bad in the 2nd half of the season. Papin's had a mare, hasn't he? And has anyone seen a worse striker (and I use the word in it's loosest sense) than him this year?
It's true Lyon didn't play that well against L'ASSE but they too had a totally valid goal disallowed when Fred was adjudged to have been offside when he was on the same line as their centre back. Lyon my well have gone on to win that match, but they had to wait until the final minute for a goal à la Juni ou à la Zizou to share the spoils.
As for Papin, I'm not sure he's cut out to be a football coach. He got Strasbourg out of the 2nd division and they still fired him. If Lens fare well it'll all be down to the Druid and his magic potion ...
Old 31-01-2008, 09:27 PM

Doh! When I said worse striker, I meant, of course, Patrick "no, no, it's not about the money" Kluivert. What a disgrace to professional footballers that man is....