Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:52 AM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
Should be a good game tonight, but Nice v Monaco is the real Cote d'azur derby.

Looks like Nice put out a first time last night too. Doesn't bode too well for the rest of the season...
Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by BB Bob
Should be a good game tonight, but Nice v Monaco is the real Cote d'azur derby.
True.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:30 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
In about 30 minutes Criox de Savoie (D4) amateur team wth quite a professional set-up against Lyon. Croix de Savoie have quite a big budget for an amateur team. They are sponsored by Danone, have a couple of ex-pros and six players who went through the Lyon Academy. Lyon have quite a strong team out, according to L'Equipe this morning, but have left Benzema and Ben Arfa on the bench just in case. The rest of the bench is made up of kids, unknown for some but generally pretty good. Will be watching this and the rugby at the same time. Hope Scotland give the French a run for their money. I'm going to get enough stick at work tomorrow as it is after yesterday's debacle at Twickers.
Old 03-02-2008, 03:41 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I drive my truck past, or through, a few places mentioned in BB Bobs report. Bolougne, Niort, Tours, Le Man, Bordeaux etc. i might have to see how close to some of these grounds I go. It'd make a 9 hour rest period a bit more interesting.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:55 PM

BB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is hereBB Bob Sam the man is here
If you use maps.google.com you can get a pretty good aerial view and can usually spot the grounds. Use To view the link you have to Register or Login for the grounds addresses if you want to be more exact!

League 1 plays Saturday and Sunday. League 2 plays Fridays with a "big" monday night game (almost always Nantes) usually on Eurosport France. The National is, I think, Fridays and Saturdays.

(Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!)
Old 03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Old skool BBSer

Quote:
If you use maps.google.com you can get a pretty good aerial view and can usually spot the grounds. Use To view the link you have to Register or Login for the grounds addresses if you want to be more exact!

League 1 plays Saturday and Sunday. League 2 plays Fridays with a "big" monday night game (almost always Nantes) usually on Eurosport France. The National is, I think, Fridays and Saturdays.

(Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs!)
Not at all mate. When I do a run I'm usually in or near Poitiers on a Friday night.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:01 PM

Half time report

La Croix-de-Savoie fait sensation dans cette première période et aurait même pu ouvrir la marque sans trois interventions remarquables de Coupet. Les Lyonnais peinent à développer leur jeu. Seul Benzema se montre percutant dans la surface du FCS 74

3 great saves from Coupet keep Lyon in the game!
Old 03-02-2008, 05:52 PM

Fred (80 mins) 1-0

However, elsewhere:-

Carquefou - Nancy
(mt : 0-0)

2 - 1

Carquefou is somewhere just outside Nantes (or so I found out when I googled it!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fred (80 mins) 1-0

Carquefou - Nancy

2 - 1

Carquefou is somewhere just outside Nantes (or so I found out when I googled it!
Watched the game on Eurosport. Lyon were lucky to get out of that. Croix de Savoie played out of the skin. And it wasn't kick and hoof either. Lyon were awful. They even put their best team out: 4-4-2 with Benzema and Fred attacking down the middle and Ben Arfa and Govou down the flanks. Lyon are desperately missing Juninho's calming influence and leadership in the middle of the park. Boumsong played his first game for L'OL and is well short of match fitness. And even when he's fit, I think he's cr*p. Squillaci's not the same player when he's not playing alongside Cris. Grosso must be the worst left back ever to win a World Cup Winner's medal. Aulas, the President of L'OL, doesn't want to admit they made a mistake in the transfer market buying him to replace Abidal. Any other player would have been dropped long ago for the performances he's turning in. Alain Perrin subbed Ben Arfa. It's true he didn't have a good match, but nobody did. I feel the coach is picking on him and it's not going to do his confidence any good. Coupet ,the Lyon keeper was man of the match and kept Lyon in the game. If Perrin doesn't turn things around soon things might get nasty and he could be looking for a new job. God knows what Man. Utd. are going to do. Mind you, Spurs showed everyone how to do it.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Fred (80 mins) 1-0

Carquefou - Nancy

2 - 1

Carquefou - incredible performance. They're in CFA2 which is the equivalent of Division 5. I haven't seen any highlights yet, but all the coals were scored in extra time with the winner coming in the 117th minute, so I don't know if Nancy put out a weakened side, but even so quel exploit!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 PM

I think you'd be better off without Perrin anyway, although I'm not sure there are any outstanding candidates to replace him at the moment.

You would never, ever find the kind of results in the FA cup that you have seen in the Coupe de France. The number of L1 clubs going out is amazing. Nice did quite well only losing to a L2 team (even if Angers nearly weren't allowed to be promoted at the start of the season). All part of the rich tapestry (or should that be crapestry?) that makes French football, if not the best quality in Europe, certainly the most unpredictable!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maidstoned Eagle
True.
There's always been a bit of needle in matches between Monaco and Marseille, not between supporters I might add, since Marseille have got loads and Monaco haven't got any, which isn't quite true since the year they unexpectedly reached The Champions' League final. I've just got over Lyon's sneaky victory and France's unfortunate victory in the rugger (it's going to be hell at work tomorrow), it's time to settle down to tonight's derby.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:42 PM

My son tells me we should follow Lyon as I live in Leigh-on ....Sea.

Groan

Old 03-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I think you'd be better off without Perrin anyway, although I'm not sure there are any outstanding candidates to replace him at the moment.

You would never, ever find the kind of results in the FA cup that you have seen in the Coupe de France. The number of L1 clubs going out is amazing. Nice did quite well only losing to a L2 team (even if Angers nearly weren't allowed to be promoted at the start of the season). All part of the rich tapestry (or should that be crapestry?) that makes French football, if not the best quality in Europe, certainly the most unpredictable!
I can only agree with you there. French pundits seem to think that their football is crap,'cos there aren't many goals scored. But maybe the defences in France are better, not to mention the keepers. O.K. Spurs Reading 6:4 is great entertainment but I'm sure the coaches weren't totally over the moon with the defences' performances. In any case even if the clubs could afford him, who's going to put in an offer for Paul Robinson?
And things are only going to get worse before they get better. Canal+ have drastically lowered their bid for exclusive T.V rights since the bought out their competitors TPS last year, so theoretically there'll be at less dosh going into French football in the near future. France couldn't afford to buy the best players before so God knows what it's going to be like in the future.

In the meantime let's see if Cissé carries on his goalscoring run tonight.
Two other pieces of info. Monaco have a useful youngster by the name of Bakar, I think, who scored a hat-trick coming off the bench in the previous round, and Marseille's sub keeper is none other than Cedric Carusso - remember him? - back after a long lay-off with ligament problems.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
My son tells me we should follow Lyon as I live in Leigh-on ....Sea.

Groan

Boom boom
Old 03-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Marseille 2:0 Monaco HT Two early goals: Valbuena (with an assist from Grandin on his debut) and Grandin. He arrived from Caen last week with a reputation of being very talented but also a bit of a partygoer with an attitude problem. Hope this is the proverbial game of two halves, if not I'm off to bed. By the way, Marseille are playing very well. They could steam up the table in the second part of the season.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:13 PM

Final score Marseille 3:1 Monaco. Entertaining game. cissé got Marseille's third before Bakar, monaco's best player, pulled one back to give them a little hope.
The next round's draw has already been made with some interesting clashes:
Lyon v Sochaux (Lyon up against the Cup holders and Alain Perrin's former club)
Carquefou v Marseille (The romance of the Cup)
PSG v Bastia (a lot of rivalry between the capital's club and the team representing Corsica - should an explosive affair!!!)
Old 04-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lille at home for my boys. Not the easiest of games, but one that we should get through.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 AM

Full draw

Nightmare draw for the holders
French Cup holders Sochaux squeezed through to the last 16 with a 4-3 extra time defeat of Montpellier - but now the draw has put them away to Lyon, in one of three all-Ligue 1 ties.
Only eight Ligue 1 Orange teams remain in the draw, which was made by French international favourite Christian Karembeu and Miss France 2008, Valérie Bègue.

FULL DRAW

Bordeaux v Lille

Lyon v Sochaux

Lorient v Metz

Carquefou (CFA 2) v Marseille

Amiens v Arles (National)

PSG v Bastia

Sedan v Angers

Dijon v Tours (National)

Matches to be played on Tuesday 18 or Wednesday 19 March.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missfrance1.jpg (36.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-02-2008, 12:00 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist the picture of Miss France!

More on the weekends games:-

Football: Minnows Carquefou slay high-fliers in French Cup
2008-02-03 17:30 (New York)

by Chris Wright
=(PICTURE)=
ATTENTION - ADDS Marseille win ///

PARIS, Feb 3, 2008 (AFP) - Fifth division outfit Carquefou
produced a huge French Cup shock Sunday, knocking out first division
high-fliers Nancy to reach the last 16, while league leaders Lyon
avoided a similar fate with a narrow win over a fourth division
side.
After a goalless 90 minutes at Carquefou the match came to life
in extra-time when, instead of Nancy's superior fitness proving
decisive, their hosts from a small northwestern town shocked them by
first taking the lead, then going back in front after the
professionals had levelled.
Laurent Delanoe opened the scoring after 101 minutes of
hard-fought action which had seen Nancy look nothing like the side
standing third in the French table and dreaming of possible
participation in the Champions League next season.
They emerged from their slumber briefly when Marc-Antoine
Fortune levelled inside four minutes with a fortuitous lob, just
before the end of the first period of extra-time.
But if the first division side thought they had earned at least
a replay Sebastien Le Paih had other ideas and netted the winner
with three minutes to go at a Stade du Moulin-Bousseau packed with
3,000 fans.
"It's a shock," said Carquefou coach Denis Renaud.
"It will take a few days to sink in. Now we're just three
matches away from the Stade de France (which will host the final."
Nancy coach Pablo Correa slammed his side.
"We didn't deserve any better and I have to congratulate
Carquefou. They wanted it more than we did."
In an all-first division encounter, ten-time winners Marseille
saw off neighbours Monaco 3-1 at the Stade Velodrome where new
signing from Caen, Elliot Grandin set up the opener for Mathieu
Valbuena before hitting a sumptuous second inside the opening ten
minutes.
Djibril Cisse, on a hot streak after his up-and-down Liverpool
adventure, bagged the third before Djamel Bakar netted a
consolation.
Lyon meanwhile thanked a goal ten minutes from time by Brazilian
Fred as the league leaders edged out fourth division Croix de Savoie
1-0.
On Saturday, Ivorian striker Amara Diane scored a brace as Paris
Saint Germain made it into the last 16 by ending the dreams of fifth
division Le Poire-sur-Vie, 3-1 away, while holders Sochaux also
advanced, on penalties, against Montpellier.
Another fifth division side, Lyon-Duchere lost out to the only
goal, scored for top flight Lille by Nicolas Fauvergue.
bur/cw/dj08

-0- Feb/03/2008 22:15 GMT