Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-06-2008, 10:29 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
John Motson

Old 13-06-2008, 11:22 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
We watched the second half with the Fivr Live commentary. Downside of that was having to put up with Alan Green for half of the half. But better than Motty.
Old 13-06-2008, 11:49 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!JohnA has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I had the Radio 5 commentary through the TV. I like Green though, in fact I like all of the R5 commenatators. Who was the summariser - Waddle? I enjoyed him too?
Old 13-06-2008, 11:50 PM
South Londons No1

Godstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGodstone Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Motson to Lawrenson: Do you think the French goalkeeper should have done better for Hollands second goal?
Old 14-06-2008, 12:42 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
when dirk kyut scored it took him about 5 minutes to realise who scored. hes literially useless
Old 14-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
yep he's useless, think this has been established several times over.

What's getting quite funny is Lawrensen's sly little remarks at him during his (dire) commentaries - 'I'm glad we know that' today when Motty gave his usual pompous approval/opinion etc to a refereeing decision, etc. Sensing a needle there?

But yeah, he's absolutely shit. Him and James Allen on the F1.....jesus.
Old 14-06-2008, 04:56 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Re: John Motson

Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Outstanding critical analysis from LLFOOLPIECE, encore une fois.

At least, if you're going to have a go at him or criticise him, please at least formulate an arguement or critique against him.

"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 14-06-2008, 01:59 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Go away
Old 14-06-2008, 05:37 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Holland - France game was the best yet, off the top of my head...

He had Makelele down as a 35 and 37 year old.

"A goal made by Chelsea and scored by Arsenal" - On Robbens goal, obviously not realising that Robben plays for Real Madrid.

"3-1 to Holland in case you lost count" - erm, theres a great big score in the top left of the screen.

For me though the most annoying thing he does is suddenly shout as if theres a clear cut chance and you look up at the screen and the ball is in the centre circle or he yells as you've just gone into another room. You rush back expecting to see a one on one the with goalie, and the attacking player with the ball is near the corner flag, with 2 covering defenders to beat and no one up in support.

Surely this has to be his last tournament?

I don't know who is worse though, Motson or Clive 'That Night in Barcelona' Tyldesley.
Old 14-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Upper Norwood Exile

PalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceFan in Alabama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You all have nothing to complain about, not until you have listened to ESPN coverage
Old 15-06-2008, 06:47 AM
P40 West Maigh EO FC

Away Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway Day Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Go away
Outstanding arguement, Einstein, encore une fois.

See Rich De's post - he makes his points based on real evidence, it ain't ain't that difficult.

It would appear that you are incapable and/or unwilling to attempt to construct any type of opinion.

Heaven forbid you should attempt to formulate anything worthy of debate, it's clearly beyond you.

The term "one trick pony" springs to mind.

Ironic, given your penchant for gambling.

"In memory of your father, Sean" she said.
And when I put the Sam Browne on
she was smiling with the tears.
As she placed the broad black brimmer on my head.
Old 15-06-2008, 07:21 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
You all have nothing to complain about, not until you have listened to ESPN coverage
Apart from the plastic paddy Smyth... I think they are doing a good job. At least they seem to be using English commentators.

I'm even enjoying Andy Gra(e)y.
Old 15-06-2008, 08:58 AM
not the real Joyce

joyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjoyce the voice came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I agree. Considering what we're used to, ESPN has been a real pleasure. My only complaint about Andy Gray is that he keeps on making his point no matter what is happening on the field--but he's an excellent analyst. Smyth is shite of course, but the Scot on with him (Derek Rae?) is a terrific commentator, and Healey is quite good too. I'm amazed we have the euros on ESPN at all--and with no Americans, what bliss!
Old 15-06-2008, 05:10 PM
meatball of a h••••er

mapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemapcontractor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by joyce the voice
I agree. Considering what we're used to, ESPN has been a real pleasure. My only complaint about Andy Gray is that he keeps on making his point no matter what is happening on the field--but he's an excellent analyst. Smyth is shite of course, but the Scot on with him (Derek Rae?) is a terrific commentator, and Healey is quite good too. I'm amazed we have the euros on ESPN at all--and with no Americans, what bliss!
I agree. Considering it is a tournament that the 'Team USA' will never play in the coverage has been excellent. Usually I can't stand ESPNs coverage of soccer i.e Champions League but the coverage so far of the Euros has been much better than anything before. Most games in true HD too! Usually they have no pre-game and end the broadcast as soon as the final whistle blows to go to Sports Center or something like Major League Lacrosse! I just hope it continues for the rest of the tournament and also for World Cup 2010 just around the corner! My only negative is that the commentary is done 'in studio' rather than actually being in the stadium. Maybe for the later stages of the competition they will broadcast live from the tournament.
Old 18-06-2008, 12:51 AM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Motson wants me dead. He hates me. I'm convinced.

I was semi-consciously watching the France - Italy match, nothing remarkable going on until he screamed 'AND TOULALAN WILL TAKE THE FREE KICK!' at the top of his voice for no reason and I almost jumped out of my skin. There wasn't even anything happening.

So sorry Motty, you're a legend really.
Old 18-06-2008, 01:30 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
he got the italy and france manager muddled up 2 or 3 times tonight
Old 18-06-2008, 01:32 AM
EAGLES

also lawro and motson were having a go at the ref for stopping the play when a french player was down. He stoped it because he gave advantage and it was a foul. So he couldnt then let italy go and score could he
Old 18-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog
Apart from the plastic paddy Smyth...
Puts on a good accent if he's a plastic paddy.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 18-06-2008, 08:22 AM
JD

Trilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTrilby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
According to Motson, Italy have some player called Perlo.
Old 18-06-2008, 06:35 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Billyd
he got the italy and france manager muddled up 2 or 3 times tonight
He said something like 'and Domenech is reduced to prayer now' when the camera showed Donadoni placing his hands together in mock prayer.