Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 29-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Jungle is indeed "massiv"

kettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
love my German football having lived there for various amounts of time. My team should be Nurnberg having lived there for a year, although I also went to see Greuther Furth - who play in the Playmobil Stadium - it actually looks like it is built of it!

But Bochum is the team for me, having studied at the Uni there and just couldnt get away from Herbert Groenemeyer! An absolute legend. Been to Schalke stadium too - very impressive, as was Borussia Dortmunds ground.

Hamburgs old stadium was cool, as was St. Pauli's ground.
Old 29-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Kitler

Baldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaldy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by chav_hater
The Bundesliga is great. Went to go and see Eintracht Frankfurt a few times when I was over there - full stadium, great fans. Puts the Premiership to shame.
Hooligan, Adler ! Eintracht for me too, closely followed by 1860 Munich.

We have been to several German games over the last year, 2 last weekend.

The whole match day experience is so much better than Palace/England.The atmosphere is always good, most games are sold out/packed, you don't get any hassle from the Old Bill/Stewards despite 'boistrous' behaviour, the food and drink facilities are plentiful and good, the bogs are clean.......I could go on.

Hansa Rostock brought 4,000 fans to Weisbaden at the weekend. 550 miles away, 2pm Sunday kick off and live on TV. Their fans seemed 'no strangers to a row' either.

We'll probably do a few more German grounds next season as well as some in Serie A now the Colonel is moving to Italy next month.

I'm leaving on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again.
Old 21-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Looking forward to next seaosn already!

I fancy Germany to go all the way in the World Cup too. I know it was only the UAE but they absolutely smashed them 7-2 with a pretty reserve line up the other week. Mario Gomez scored about 4.

No Leverkusen or Bremen players were in the squad so Neuer got his first cap for the full national team. Germany with 4 very good goalkeepers to pick 3 from come next year in Enke, Adler, Wiese, and Neuer.
Old 21-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Cheesy member

t_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minet_appletart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Dortmund all the way.

BvB

Quote:
Everybody knows you're a dirty little Tart!
Old 21-06-2009, 04:02 PM
On probation

jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard
I suppose Nuremberg should be my local team , as my Mum was born in Regensburg, looking at a map of Bavaria this city looks closer then Munich, can someone confirm this?
Old 21-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Jookbeard...

Nurnburg to Regensburg is 55.12 Miles, and Munich to Regensburg is 64.14 miles!
Old 21-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Up the Palace!!!

My German team has been for quite some time (1997 ish) Leverkusen, but I used to LOVE Borussia Dortmund when they were the big team, with the illuminous yellow kit and players like Chapuisat, Kohler, Sammer, Julio Cesar, Klos, Riedle, Moller, Freund, Ricken. I always ALWAYS wanted the illuminous yellow shirt they sold in JJB Sports but my Dad would never buy me one!

Then one day I was reading a magazine (Football Europe I think it was called) and they did a three page piece on Leverkusen and how they were a small team pulling off a few shocks and the rest is history. I think the fact they wore adidas was another major reason as I always loved the adidas kits and their home kit was much like our 1996 away kit!

Old 21-06-2009, 07:27 PM
On probation

jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Jookbeard...

Nurnburg to Regensburg is 55.12 Miles, and Munich to Regensburg is 64.14 miles!
ok that's good, my mum came to the UK when she was 5 , I've only been back once when I was a kid, we have 1 uncle left , she never taught us German sadly. So FC Nurnburg it is then see they got promoted this season.
Old 21-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Should never have got relegated with the squad they had to be fair. But they did enough to come straight back up.

Somehow managed to dump Angelos Charisteas off on us though! He's complete w**k!!!
Old 21-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jookbeard
ok that's good, my mum came to the UK when she was 5 , I've only been back once when I was a kid, we have 1 uncle left , she never taught us German sadly. So FC Nurnburg it is then see they got promoted this season.
Or you could actually follow Jahn Regensburg?
Old 21-06-2009, 09:05 PM
On probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB Bob

are they a team?
Old 22-06-2009, 09:40 AM
Dortmunder

Location: Sometimes Marienthal , sometimes the SudTribune, sometimes A-Block, mostly Selhurst
BVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBVB Bob : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jookbeard
are they a team?
Yep, Bundesliga 3. Nice club by all accounts although I'm yet to get there. Have a bit of info: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glayzier
Eintracht Frankfurt...The Eagles actually bring an Eagle onto the pitch pre-match to whip up their ultras just a little more.
The guy who conducts the fans during the game actually runs the club shop in Frankfurt before the game.
Been out to a couple of games this season, well worth a visit even though they have struggled again this year.
Do they get the Eagles to fly around a bit as well?
This is serious stuff: would love to take in a game there.
Old 22-06-2009, 01:52 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB Bob
Sandpit victims...
Old 28-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Bundesliga:
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
FC Bayern Munchen
VfL Bochum
BVB Borussia Dortmund
Borussia Moenchengladbach
Eintracht Frankfurt
SC Freiburg
Hamburger SV
Hannover 96
Hertha BSC
TSV 1899 Hoffenheim
1. FC Koln
1. FSV Mainz 05
1. FC Nurnberg

FC Schalke 04
VfB Stuttgart
SV Werder Bremen
VfL Wolfsburg

2. Liga:
Alemannia Aachen
Rot-Weiß Ahlen
FC Augsburg
Arminia Bielefeld
1.FC Union Berlin
Energie Cottbus
MSV Duisburg
Fortuna Düsseldorf
FSV Frankfurt
SpVgg Greuther Fürth
1. FC Kaiserslautern
Rot-Weiß Oberhausen
Karlsruher SC
TuS Koblenz
TSV 1860 München
SC Paderborn 07
FC St. Pauli
FC Hansa Rostock

3. Liga:
Erzgebirge Aue
Eintracht Braunschweig
Werder Bremen II
Wacker Burghausen
Borussia Dortmund II
Dynamo Dresden
Rot-Weiß Erfurt
1. FC Heidenheim 1846
FC Ingolstadt 04
Carl Zeiss Jena
Holstein Kiel
Bayern Munich II
Kickers Offenbach
VfL Osnabrück
Jahn Regensburg
Sandhausen
Stuttgart II
Unterhaching
SV Wehen Wiesbaden
Wuppertal
Old 06-08-2009, 08:19 PM
amore sui terrazzi

Sandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineSandowneagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I've gone to HSV tonight, German football for vfm compared to England and the Premiership specifically is great. Under £10 to get in, programme cost less than 50p, free transport around town with match ticket, less than £3 a pint and you can drink it at your seat and the so many of the grounds such as Hamburgs are exceptional.

Any views expressed are my own, not of my employer.

It is football banter!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Leverkusen and Hamburg the early pace setters.

Bayern hammered Wolfsburg 3-0 this weekend having embarressingly lost to Mainz last week. Rensing dropped from the Bayern goal after that game.

The Bay Arena looks impressive now the upgrade has finished!
Old 01-09-2009, 01:55 PM

Louis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is hereLouis Sam the man is here
I've seen some German football on TV recently. The grounds look great, and the atmosphere is usually impressive. I think it's on ESPN in the UK now.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 PM

Lord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLord Flange came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Beer, terracing, atmosphere and no hassle from twats in high vis jackets.

That's why German football is fun.

Who really gives a sh*t about the technical abilities of the players. Passion - which appears to be in abundance in this league - is all that matters.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis
I've seen some German football on TV recently. The grounds look great, and the atmosphere is usually impressive. I think it's on ESPN in the UK now.
Yup pretty comprehensive coverage. The commentator / narrators voice annoys the Hell out of me though!