Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 25-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pretty funny on the train after we played Derby a year or so back. At Norwood Junction a group of moody looking Chelski rent boys were pacing up and down the carriages looking like Danny Dyer on speed.

We (the Palace on the train) just laughed and sung 'We support our local team'.

Myself and two mates moved down the carriage and sat down. A minute or so later so did some of the other guys that were singing.

We spoke about the game, I asked where their accents were from.

Copenhagen.

Brilliant. Singing 'We support our local team' to scummy Chelski when you're from Copenhagen was very impressive. They started following Palace in the early nineties and tried to come over once a season. Lovely stuff.
Old 25-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
They've been warned about the "no smoke bombs" policy right?
Old 25-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Despite some inevitable snideyness, it is of course great to see any interest in Palace, especially from so far away.

I hope they enjoy themselves, and witness a Palace performance that ouzo-es class.
Old 25-02-2011, 03:59 PM

Palace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalace Rebel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo
They've been warned about the "no smoke bombs" policy right?

recent game vs Panathinkos

To view the link you have to Register or Login

For those who didn't read or have never heard of our friendship this thread is from when we last made a trip over to athens

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 25-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Great so see interest in Palace from over the world and other ultra groups. Palace fans are really staring to make a name for ourselves now! In recent years I have introduced an Australian, a Spaniard and a South African to Palace!
Old 25-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Just a shame the locals of south Norwood can't be arsed to make the ten min trip to the ground...
Old 25-02-2011, 04:09 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went to Sankeys in Manchester with some members of a PSG 'ultra' firm! ha
Old 25-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Palacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalacemad2002 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sniper
Quality!

What an honour to have people coming to Selhurst from all over the world! We should get as many people to welcome them as possible, and show them why Palace’s support is recognised up and down the country as the best in the league!
Trust me, it's something they already recognise
Whenever we are on telly over here they can watch the games back in Athens so tend to watch our games whenever they can.
Likewise here when they are on telly in Greece, the games are beamed over the internet so a lot of lads watch there games.

They come over here because they are passionate about football and it's culture.
There is nothing greater and more eye opening than visiting another country and seeing how there footballing culture differs from yours.
It's due to this that there is a friendship between the two clubs because although we come from different cultures there are a lot of similarities between the both us.
Old 25-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Computer says no!!

bigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebigdazza08 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy
Great so see interest in Palace from over the world and other ultra groups. Palace fans are really staring to make a name for ourselves now! In recent years I have introduced an Australian, a Spaniard and a South African to Palace!
Popovic, Counago and KD?
Old 25-02-2011, 04:13 PM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch
I went to Sankeys in Manchester with some members of a PSG 'ultra' firm! ha
used to be a good club, had many a sweaty night in there 6/7 years ago when it first reopened.
Old 25-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fun Fact: Apparently Marco Gabbiadini played for them.
Old 25-02-2011, 04:25 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacemad2002
Trust me, it's something they already recognise
Whenever we are on telly over here they can watch the games back in Athens so tend to watch our games whenever they can.
Likewise here when they are on telly in Greece, the games are beamed over the internet so a lot of lads watch there games.

They come over here because they are passionate about football and it's culture.
There is nothing greater and more eye opening than visiting another country and seeing how there footballing culture differs from yours.
It's due to this that there is a friendship between the two clubs because although we come from different cultures there are a lot of similarities between the both us.
Are the club aware of this friendship? Maybe a preseason friendly can be organised?
Old 25-02-2011, 04:32 PM

Matt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle
Are the club aware of this friendship? Maybe a preseason friendly can be organised?
Yeh mate we mentioned it to Parish over the summer

Panionios President tried arranging something under the Jordan regime - but of course the club didn't even respond..

Would be magic, especially in Athens...can imagine thousands of Palace lads on the beers in Greece - would be a top event for club and supporters
Old 25-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Old, bald, fat

1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Greeks

Make sure they get to meet Alex Manos as a welcome gift
Old 25-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Kalli mera(sp?)

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 25-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Old, bald, fat

1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand1957Eagle is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Geia sas!
Old 25-02-2011, 04:36 PM

apple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineapple_rain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
Just a shame the locals of south Norwood can't be arsed to make the ten min trip to the ground...
I manage to make the 3 minute walk.
Old 25-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Old, bald, fat

or, Yia sas if you prefer the phonetic version
Old 25-02-2011, 04:40 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Hep
Yeh mate we mentioned it to Parish over the summer

Panionios President tried arranging something under the Jordan regime - but of course the club didn't even respond..

Would be magic, especially in Athens...can imagine thousands of Palace lads on the beers in Greece - would be a top event for club and supporters
Nice one. Would be very tempted by that trip!
Old 25-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserH
used to be a good club, had many a sweaty night in there 6/7 years ago when it first reopened.
still bloody good.