Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Knight
Thanks for ther input, as usual, Farmie. But I think most of us down the Crem want AFC Croydon Athletic. Got to be honest, Croydon Olympic FC just sounds, well, weird.
Weird or just a bit different? No one's had or been given time to consider it - but then time is not on your side. AFC Croydon Athletic sounds both predictable and clumsy. I won't try to inflame you by suggesting the name is tainted and has bad connotations. Nonetheless it may be nice to have a completely fresh start.

I wonder if Rushall Olympic FC would think it weird. Or even Olympique Lyonnais??
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Farmie
Weird or just a bit different? No one's had or been given time to consider it - but then time is not on your side. AFC Croydon Athletic sounds both predictable and clumsy. I won't try to inflame you by suggesting the name is tainted and has bad connotations. Nonetheless it may be nice to have a completely fresh start.

I wonder if Rushall Olympic FC would think it weird. Or even Olympique Lyonnais??

AFC Croydon Athletic it is, end of. why are you fixated with Croydon Athletic
Old 10-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just because I came up with a better name than you. Anyway the Advertiser used the word "tentatively".

Perhaps you need a chill pill.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:12 AM

Halfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The "AFC" tag seems to be a modern day Badge of Honour. Symbolizing a re-birth of a club by the fan's. To me it is a bit old hat now that so many clubs have adopted this prefix.

It is however your club. So good luck with whatever you call it.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Fistayasista

PhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPhyshtaMagishta would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Croydon undertakers. Reapers. You get the idea.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think "Croydon Afle'ic" is how it'll end up being pronounced.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
It was nice to get a £50 donation for AFC Croydon Athletic in the White Horse last night, Thank You
Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Mmm, Flaming Burgers

BBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBBD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
It was nice to get a £50 donation for AFC Croydon Athletic in the White Horse last night, Thank You

Would like to see the Ground renamed "Fort Neafe"!

Just to clear up. The "A" stands for Association, not Athletic which indeed would be illogical. The waning in appetite for such prefixes could be the existence of it for both Amateur Football Combination and Asian Football Confederation.

With 7 weeks to go, I hope regular precise updates can be filed by the acting board. No new meet was set up at last Monday's meeting, but I did suggest an informal get together, maybe at The Whitehorse.

If anyone's up for that, maybe waddoneagle, we could bring a few together to discuss how to drive membership and ideas forward. I'm certainly keen to help in any practical way: as stated, there's much to do, so a co-ordinated approach is imperative.

Last edited by BBD; 12-02-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 PM

Kuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd be more than happy to help out and do my bit (on the playing side)
Is there anymore news re: trials, or should I email Paul (Smith) for more details?

Last edited by Kuqi32; 12-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.
Old 13-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuqi32
I'd be more than happy to help out and do my bit (on the playing side)
Is there anymore news re: trials, or should I email Paul (Smith) for more details?

Paul can pass your details on
Old 14-02-2012, 12:58 AM

Kuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Paul can pass your details on
I have emailed Paul!
Thanks
Old 15-02-2012, 12:16 AM

DavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnDavidB lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Good news after a troubled time. I only went to a handful of Rams games but I've always had a soft spot for them as I lived literally down the road.

Whatever division or league the new club ends up playing in, will it inherit the old club's 10-point deduction?

Last edited by DavidB; 15-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 15-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB
Good news after a troubled time. I only went to a handful of Rams games but I've always had a soft spot for them as I lived literally down the road.

Whatever division or league the new club ends up playing in, will it inherit the old club's 10-point deduction?

No it's a new club, starting from scratch
Old 20-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Palace/Panionios

The Croydon Athletic Under 13s are in the Tandridge League Shield Final against Crawley United.

The match takes place on Sunday 22nd April at Chipstead FC (2pm).

Old 23-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Palace/Panionios

AFC Croydon Athletic (2012) has been officially registered

and one league is keen for us to join
Old 23-02-2012, 02:09 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
is it the kent league?
Old 23-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapham Grand
is it the kent league?

Really can't say at the moment
Old 23-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Multum in parvo

Is it a Saturday league?
Old 23-02-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
AFC Croydon Athletic (2012) has been officially registered

and one league is keen for us to join
Great news!

Hopefully i'll be playing in said league
Old 23-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Farmie
Is it a Saturday league?

All the whyteleafe team have asked to join, but we said NO, as they are not good enough