Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 23-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
All the whyteleafe team have asked to join, but we said NO, as they are not good enough

Probably couldn't afford your subs.
Old 24-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Dear Colleagues,

A new club

We had an extremely good meeting yesterday and there was great turn out.

It has been agreed that we will form a new Club, subject to the approval of the FA, called AFC Croydon Athletic and look to join a league and be playing ready for the 2012/13 season. There is lots to do and a small management committee has been appointed and interim constitution adopted.

Work very much starts now and there is a lot to do but we must also start to sign up those who want to join. I am therefore attaching a membership form for you to download, fill in and return to me together with the agreed membership fee of £25 per annum. This can be sent to me at the address below with a cheque made payable to "Rams Army" (who are looking after the money whilst we establish our own bank account). You can transfer the money to their account direct and email your form back to me if you wish.

It really is important that we get some money in as there are some start up costs etc that will need to be paid and it is important that we turn our enthusiasm into members if the club is going to be successful. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Life Members

If there is anyone who is able to invest some more money then there is an opportunity to sign up for life membership. Life Membership is calculated at 30 x annual membership (£750). There are no additional privileges conferred on a life member other than not having to renew their membership every year. If anyone is interested then let me know and I will forward you the appropriate application form.

Help needed

Although you weren't able to attend yesterday we know that you still have an interest in our club. If you know someone who might also want to join then please feel free to print off a copy of the form and pass it on. Also a thank you to those who have volunteered to help out in some way or another. If you feel you can be of assistance in some way then please contact me.

Regards

--------------------------------
Paul Smith
Interim Management Committee
AFC Croydon Athletic
paulsmith-cafc@live.co.uk
Telephone: 07930 677512

AFC Croydon Athletic
c/o 57 Alton Road
Croydon
CR0 4LZ
Don't forget to become a member
Old 01-03-2012, 12:16 AM

Kuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anymore news regarding the club?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuqi32
Anymore news regarding the club?

Just lots of meetings going on at the moment
Old 06-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Palace/Panionios

It's 1 month since we held the meeting to form AFC Croydon Athletic.

Much has happened and slowly we are gettiing there. So far we have 55 members but many that I would have expected to join are so far missing.

It is difficult because at the moment things are happening in the background. Those who have not joined should remember to get the newsletter, on what's happening, you must be a member. Also there will soon be the 1st AGM, probably in late April. To attend you must be a member when you will be able to vote for the committee.

So come on join today.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

COME ON YOU RAMS
Old 20-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Multum in parvo

Lee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLee Farmie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any more news to report?

Heard grumblings on Saturday that you were having problems with the lease?
Old 20-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Farmie
Any more news to report?

Heard grumblings on Saturday that you were having problems with the lease?

Not because of the council though
Old 20-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Multum in parvo

No - with the current leaseholders?
Old 20-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Farmie
No - with the current leaseholders?

Surprise surprise, Really not a nice family
Old 02-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Palace/Panionios

Things are looking good at AFC Croydon Athletic, If we can't get the Crem next season we will play at Croydon Arena, Hopefully in the Combined Counties Division 1, Membership of the new club is going well, we still need more members!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM

Kuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Any news on trials/players etc?
I am glad everything is going well!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuqi32
Any news on trials/players etc?
I am glad everything is going well!

I will post on here when there is any news
Old 11-04-2012, 08:33 PM

36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.36 Chambers has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.
Quote:
I will post on here when there is any news
Nice one im interested in trials too so that would be appreciated
Dr Dre - "I got Ice Cube his start. I also launched Eazy-E. There ain't no question that N.W.A. became what it was in large part because of my music and my producing. Me and Eazy had agreed from Jump Street that we was to be partners. Now Eazy says he's the owner of the record company, Ruthless. Well, let him own it then. But I was never supposed to be signed to him or owned by him."
Old 13-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Palace/Panionios

Today we attended the meeting at the FA where they considered our application to be placed in step 6, Combined Counties League. This followed an intense period of work to get us in a position where we can show that we are competent to compete at that level.

At the meeting we were joined by the CEO of the London Football Association and the Secretary of the Combined Counties League who attended to add their support to our application.

Still plenty to do but we have come a long way already.
Paul Smith

Old 13-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Palace/Panionios

Annual General Meeting — 10 May at 19:30 at Croydon Sports Arena.
Old 13-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Palace/Panionios

I wanted to add a little more detail to the information that has been released about our current position. I wasn't at the meeting with the FA yesterday, although I did attend the first meeting last month. It seems that Paul and Alan were interviewed for well over an hour but felt confident that all questions were answered to the satisfaction of the sub-committee.

The Combined Counties League have been very positive and attended the meeting to support our application to join Division One of their league in August. The London FA were also at the meeting and they also offered their support to AFC Croydon Athletic to join at Step 6 next season. They have also confirmed that they do not have a problem with the proposed name, that is, they are happy for us to use "AFC". This has been an ongoing bone of contention for some time and it is great to receive the news that we can use the name particularly as we have formed a company, opened a bank account and registered a domain name in that name!

There will be a meeting on 9th May where, all being well, we will be accepted into the Combined Counties League for next season. Paul (Smith) has put in a huge amount of work on the proposal, which ran to 27 pages, and in meetings with many parties. I'm sure that the proposal was well received by the Leagues Management Committee and has helped pave the way to, what appears to be, a successful application to join a league,

We will almost certainly play at Croydon Arena. Croydon FC have been very accommodating in this respect. We will have use of all facilities on match days and will be able to use the clubhouse for fundraising events, which will be very important to us.

Regarding the budget, of which there are two - one for Croydon Arena and one should we return to Mayfields - we still need an additional 15-20 members to meet our budgeted target. We then need to find sponsors and undertake fundraising events to meet our commitments and compete at the highest possible level.

If you have not become a member due to the uncertainty surrounding the phoenix club, and I can fully understand this, we will soon have certainty about our future, so please reconsider your position. We are awaiting the bank account details to enable you to make direct payments but you can, in the meantime, pay your membership fee into The Rams Army account, where funds are separately accounted for, or make a payment via PayPal from which funds will be transferred into the new bank account.

Our AGM has been set for Thursday 10th May where any member can stand for election to the committee.

These are exciting times. It's not very often that you have the opportunity to be involved in the birth of a new football club.
Old 13-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Banded by Moderationers

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Thanks for the update, fella. Congrats to everyone who's played a part in this so far.
Old 16-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Palace/Panionios

New website,

Old 16-04-2012, 02:30 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
great news - I hope to be able to go to your first CCL game!
Old 18-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
A mate of mine has asked about the trials. He has been playing at Colliers Wood but is interested in moving.

Can anyone let me know how he goes about getting his name down, or just dates that any open trial days would be on?

Cheers guys

G