Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Jack Bauer

Highbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHighbury Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sol Campbell denied England captaincy as he was black

So Sol alleges

To view the link you have to Register or Login

"I believe if I was white, I would have been England captain for more than 10 years - it's as simple as that," said the 39-year-old, who won 73 full caps, including three as captain.

Seriously?!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:20 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Always been a tool.

Should sell a few copies of his book though.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Dunno about captain, but he's been England's chief drama queen for ten years and counting.

No change here, then.

http://tinyurl.com/yx6v6y9f
Old 02-03-2014, 01:27 AM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Paul was England captain for a few games before sols time.

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
Who knows. This piece quotes a Guardian journalist who was told by at least ones England manager not to pick to many black players. And this its quite recently.

Plus, if it can happen in France, as was made clear on last few years, why not England?

Campbell was a good player, so it is possible. You guys seem more in the know so will bow to your greater knowledge
Old 02-03-2014, 01:52 AM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
This is the site
Old 02-03-2014, 02:18 AM

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
he's a c unt. Paul Ince was captain wasn't he? Now there's a guy who deserved to captain England
Old 02-03-2014, 04:51 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
This is up there with Paul no one gave me a decent job as manager Because I'm black even though it's really because I'm unbelievably shit Ince.

These people should be ashamed of themselves whining like little girls because they didn't get a special position having already been unbelievably lucky to have a massive honour such as playing for their country when there was people like Mandela who genuinely suffered because of a shitty world.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:54 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury Eagle View Post
So Sol alleges

"I believe if I was white, I would have been England captain for more than 10 years - it's as simple as that," said the 39-year-old, who won 73 full caps, including three as captain.

Seriously?!
So considering he was an international from 1996 to 2007, he is effectively saying he would have been captain after his first few appearances and that all 4 England managers during his international career were dyed in the wool racists who would choose their captain based on his skin colour?

Sorry Sol, don't buy that one
Old 02-03-2014, 06:04 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
I'm sure the FA is packed with racists but captain for ten years? Would make him the greatest captain ever. Doesn't suffer from under confidence. Still would walk into this current England side.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:15 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
ffs. Shut up Campbell.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:16 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
This is the site
I think the manager in question misheard what was said at that meeting:-

" You're playing too many CRAP players Graham."
Old 02-03-2014, 07:45 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wouldn't think that a man that flounces out of his club at halftime and disappears for a while in order to get his head together is really good national captain material.

This latest whinge only supports that point of view further.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:10 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Sol Campbell was a good player, but to my mind never really demonstrated much in the way of leadership qualities. Who knows if there's any truth in what he says regarding racism, but in his case there are a number of reasons aside from his colour that IMO would have excluded him from the role of England captain.

And let's not forget, England play a lot of games in the winter, when a hard working white captain is needed more than ever.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:44 AM

doof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedoof : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He sounds awful in interviews. Has a loud, nasally, camp, slightly pompous voice. I saw a thing on Sky about the invincibles and it was a joy to watch the football but Sol's talking head bits were massively grating.

Good player tho - I'm sure he would find me annoying in one way or another but I'm not saying I should have been England Captain.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Laughable. He really does an inflated view of himself.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:55 AM
we are PALACE!

hull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why does it always come down to colour, i didn't get picked to captain my Sunday league side, was that cos im white? No is it **** its because someone captain the side and was good at it. Ffs grow a pair and ******* shut up
Old 02-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Glad all over

dannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyturner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
An accusation of institutionalised racism against the FA, or taking it further, an unfounded accusation of racism against England managers who overlooked him for the captaincy. Dangerous ground!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 AM
Gabor's pyjama washer

Steamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is hereSteamy Sam the man is here
"I don't think it will change because they [the FA] don't want it to, and probably the majority of fans don't want it to either..."

So, Sol, the majority of fans in this country are racists? Thanks for that sweeping generalization. I would counter that the majority of fans don't care about the colour of a player's skin, that there is a small minority of white fans who are racist, there is also a small minority of black fans who are racist, there is a small minority of Asian fans who are racist, etc... This country, one of the most ethnically diverse in the world, by the way, Sol, is not racist and did not want to stop you being captain. Truth is we don't care who our skipper is, provided he and the rest of the team do the best they can for England.

This leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Sol Campbell was a good player, but to my mind never really demonstrated much in the way of leadership qualities.
Where as Michael Owen did?

Michael 'I only even bother turning up to fund my stables' Owen?