Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:44 PM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
He is just trying to sell books.
IF that is the case, making allegations of racism is just down right nasty.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:45 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
hey may have a point, but I think Sol has his own issues and demons that he's dealing with and maybe we should leave that to him, rather than make some of the remarks that have been made on this thread, which border on what he's accusing people of.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
@alex_crook: When Sol Campbell was #pompey captain he didnt like teammates sitting next to him on the plane to away games #leader
Old 03-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
@alex_crook: When Sol Campbell was #pompey captain he didnt like teammates sitting next to him on the plane to away games #leader
WHY WOULD HE WANT TO SIT WITH RACISTS?!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:57 PM

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Eagle View Post
Or Guernsey
ooooh, Sark y (see what I did there?)
Old 03-03-2014, 02:02 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
IF that is the case, making allegations of racism is just down right nasty.
I've no doubt he regrets it, he was probably just trying to stir up some controversy. I've always thought SC was a bit fragile, maybe he just one of those delicate types that looks for reasons to be offended?
Old 03-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
hey may have a point, but I think Sol has his own issues and demons that he's dealing with and maybe we should leave that to him, rather than make some of the remarks that have been made on this thread, which border on what he's accusing people of.
Well, he's the one who bought it all up...

Anyway, I reckon he wasn't England captain for 10 years because he is gay, not because he is black.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:05 PM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Well, he's the one who bought it all up...

, not because he is black.
Glad you pointed that out, from the thread title I got the impression he was no longer black.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
Stating "I don't think it will change because [the FA] don't want it to and probably the majority of fans don't want it either" is not only a bullshit opinion, in effect he's branding the larger proportion of England supporters racist.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Banned by Moderators

Daveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaveywest : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yes, this must be a new white Sol campbell.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Unregistered User

ChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChuckMcBalls came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
But all this kind of supports Soloman's point. All these are honky managers appointing honky captains, in one case a rascist honky captain who displayed the outstanding leadership quality of shagging his left-back's Mrs.

Soloman lost out to:

Tony Adams - An alcoholic with issues
Alan Shearer - Hardly inspiring
David Seaman - lets not go there.
Owen - Disinterested midget
Gerrard - Violent Coldplay fan
Terry - where to begin?

Soloman probably is a delusional twat, but up against that lot he might still have a point.
Since when has captaincy in England, for club or country, been related to character though? As much as I despise Terry/Gerrard etc, they have captained their clubs for a heck of a long time and seemingly must be good at what they do for it to have continued under as many different managers.

Owen is a funny one, but sometimes captaincys are handed out to whoever is the best player on the team, or most senior, if there aren't any identified leaders - so maybe his has something to do with that, or the want to try something different?
Old 03-03-2014, 04:37 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
ooooh, Sark y (see what I did there?)
Old 04-03-2014, 07:25 PM
Unbannable

Raggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is hereRaggy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMcBalls View Post
Since when has captaincy in England, for club or country, been related to character though?
Well this thread is full of peeps saying Sol wasn't captain because of his alleged multiple character flaws.
Plus if character wasn't a key component, John Terry would have retained the captaincy.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:31 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I never rated him for England. For some reason he often fancied himself as Pele and charged forward with the ball inevitably losing it and just leaving us exposed.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Sol Campbell denied England captaincy as he was black

Hasn't good ol' Sol run his contract down on every club he played for?

You could say he was within his rights to do so, but he shafted Spurs to join Arsenal and I'm sure he demanded nearly £2m from Pompey for image rights when they were financially in the shit. He flounced off at an Arsenal game at half time I seem to recall and did the same at Notts County. Just the sort of person you want leading your country, someone who ****s off halfway through a match.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:57 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
average centre back, average "leader". end of
Old 04-03-2014, 09:07 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Where as Michael Owen did?

Michael 'I only even bother turning up to fund my stables' Owen?
So you are seriously trying to say that Michael Owen was not a fantastic player for England for some years?
Old 04-03-2014, 09:21 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
But all this kind of supports Soloman's point. All these are honky managers appointing honky captains, in one case a rascist honky captain who displayed the outstanding leadership quality of shagging his left-back's Mrs.

Soloman lost out to:

Tony Adams - An alcoholic with issues
Alan Shearer - Hardly inspiring
David Seaman - lets not go there.
Owen - Disinterested midget
Gerrard - Violent Coldplay fan
Terry - where to begin?

Soloman probably is a delusional twat, but up against that lot he might still have a point.
Forget what you think of them as people, they were all worthy captains and I can see why they were made captain ahead of Sol Campbell.

Adams-was an inspirational Arsenal captain and showed huge passion for England. He was relieved of the armband when his alcohol addiction came to light, but then recovered and won it back.

Shearer-'Hardly inspiring'?, are you serious? He was a superb player and leader for England who stepped up time after time, watch a video of Euro 96. I think you are blinded by your view of him as a pundit after retirement which has nothing to do with his status as a player.

Seaman-I'm not a big fan of keeper captains, but again he was outstanding for many years.

Owen-so 'disinterested' that he remains the fourth highest goalscorer ever for in an England shirt. Of course he deserved a chance at the captaincy.

Gerrard-another inspirational and commited England player and long term captain of Liverpool.

Terry-his unpleasant personality cost him the captaincy and ultimately his England place. But from a playing viewpoint he was a superior and better leader than Campbell ever was and definite captain material even if I don't like the bloke.

And you didn't mention someone called David Beckham.

Campbell missed out because there were better candidates throughout his time as an England player. Not because the FA or England managers are racist.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Banned by Moderators

ET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
So you are seriously trying to say that Michael Owen was not a fantastic player for England for some years?
Not really captain material imo.

But agree with the rest of what you've said.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
12 Years A Slave was based upon his England career. True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017