Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 17-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Atlanta becomes 22nd MLS team

I know there is already an MLS thread (somewhere) and a soccer in the US thread, but I thought I'd add this one anyway.

Quote:
With the number of slots for MLS expansion teams dwindling, Arthur Blank and the city of Atlanta have made official their commitment to become the league's 22nd team.

Blank, the team's owner, and MLS commissioner Don Garber made the announcement on Wednesday in front of an enthusiastic crowd at a downtown Atlanta establishment, a group that included the team's supporters group, the Terminus Legion.

Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed, Georgia World Congress Center authority Frank Pope and CONCACAF president Jeffrey Webb were also in attendance.

The team, which is still without an official name, will begin play in 2017.
I've been twitter-bombing Roddy White from the Falcons to talk Arthur Blank into giving me a job, but surprisingly haven't gotten a response. Guess I'll have to call in some favors from the pops. Can't wait until we get a partnership going with Palace and we can send all our hot young guys over there for Champions League domination. This part sounded familiar:

Quote:
Blank, who is also the owner of the NFL's Atlanta Falcons, insisted that he would strive to create a club that stays true to soccer's culture and unique fan base, and that the fans would have significant input as to the team's name and logo.

"This franchise will be owned by the fans," said Blank. "We will do everything we can to focus on the fans, to make sure we create the right atmosphere, to make sure that technically we have the best players, the best coaches. ... I promise you whatever resources it's going to take to give us a winning tradition, both on the field and off the field, you have that commitment from me."

Last edited by Funk Butter; 26-07-2020 at 06:19 AM.
Old 17-04-2014, 10:02 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
When I read the title, I thought you meant Atlanta had 22 teams in the MLS.
Old 17-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
I like how the supporters group has a name before the team does...
Old 17-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EryrExile View Post
I like how the supporters group has a name before the team does...
That there is a supporters group before there is a team is surely the more remarkable thing.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 17-04-2014, 02:26 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
A bird type name I am guessing?
Old 17-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Soulless sounding franchise venture.
Old 17-04-2014, 03:04 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
All this talk of Franchise this and Franchise that, makes me want to vomit
Old 17-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Panty Organizer

Funk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is hereFunk Butter Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
A bird type name I am guessing?
It seems the consensus is for an Outkast (Dirty South rap) type name:

- FC ATLiens
- ATLetico
- Soccerboxxx/The Club Below
- FC Stankonia
- Sporting Boy Tell 'Em
- Footie Mob
- Footie Hoo
- Kick-Fil-A
- Real Soccer Players of Atlanta
- FC Barves
- Kriss Inswinging Kross
- Pitch Homie Quan
- 4-4-2 Chainz
Old 17-04-2014, 04:41 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
FC Stankonia gets my vote.

Free Palestine
Old 17-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Atlanta Eagles, in Red & Navy stripes.
Old 17-04-2014, 04:47 PM

L'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
It seems the consensus is for an Outkast (Dirty South rap) type name:
- Kick-Fil-A
- Real Soccer Players of Atlanta
- Pitch Homie Quan
- 4-4-2 Chainz
Lol
Old 17-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
I'd like to see them wear black and blue and call themselves the Atlanta Ball Club, Atlanta B.C. for short.
Old 17-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Panty Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Atlanta Eagles, in Red & Navy stripes.
The Atlanta (Fabulous) Freebirds

Old 17-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Michael PS Hayes. I remember when he managed the Hardy Boyz (from NC don't you know).
Old 17-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Panty Organizer

Arthur Blank looking at striker options:

Last edited by Funk Butter; 26-07-2020 at 06:22 AM.
Old 17-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

Which one is Arthur Blank and which one is the striker option?
Old 09-07-2015, 03:24 AM
Panty Organizer

So we have chosen the rather blah name of Atlanta United FC. And have co-opted AC Milan's colors. Of course, red and black were always gonna be in the palette due Arthur Blank also owning the Falcons. Good ol' Carlos Bocanegra is the Technical Director and talked about having a world-class academy. I can't wait until the kids pass up La Masia for the Decatur Training Center.

Last edited by Funk Butter; 26-07-2020 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:15 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
Wish there was a way of having some kind of US/AUS cup between the A league and MLS Champions each year.....Aus still currently has the Asian Club Champions in Western Sydney Wanderers. Home and an Away leg would be good. Sure would beat watching this meaningless Premier league "Harlem Globetrotter" esq friendly visits we have to endure.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:27 AM
Maidstoned For Mod!

Welcome to Atlanta where the Atlanta United F.C players plaaaaay
Old 09-07-2015, 08:15 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
Wish there was a way of having some kind of US/AUS cup between the A league and MLS Champions each year.....Aus still currently has the Asian Club Champions in Western Sydney Wanderers. Home and an Away leg would be good. Sure would beat watching this meaningless Premier league "Harlem Globetrotter" esq friendly visits we have to endure.
Wank time starts next week with the Mighty Reds playing Brisbane. Watch Rodgers buy the entire Brisbane squad just in case there is an undiscovered gem playing