Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:10 PM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone know how he's getting on in Germany? If he'd stayed he probably would of got a few game this season instead of Fryers?
Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Anyone know how he's getting on in Germany? If he'd stayed he probably would of got a few game this season instead of Fryers?
Wrong forum
Old 07-03-2017, 04:27 PM

SilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is hereSilentAssassin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Played 16 games and scored 1 goal for Borussia Mönchengladbach II. They were top of the table till being over taken by Viktoria Koln.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:52 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassin View Post
Played 16 games and scored 1 goal for Borussia Mönchengladbach II. They were top of the table till being over taken by Viktoria Koln.
Wonder how their 2nd tier compares to ours?. Fair play to the lad for going abroad though.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:03 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think he is a right back
Old 07-03-2017, 06:22 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Wonder how their 2nd tier compares to ours?. Fair play to the lad for going abroad though.
Think it's the 4th tier.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
The way Ward is playing might have got a few games there anyway...
Old 07-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
What age is he now? The level he is playing is basically the equivalent of League 2 / Conference.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Lost in translation

BBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is hereBBK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
What age is he now? The level he is playing is basically the equivalent of League 2 / Conference.
I reckon 4th tier German players are better than 4th & 5th tier English.

This ids based on the fact English players aren't too good.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:06 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
The traditional way of measuring this is to see at what level the league is pro or semi pro
Old 07-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sounds like he has taken a massive step backwards, for someone who was so highly rated to still have not established himself and still be at 4th tier level does not bode well. Will be interesting to see what he does in the next couple of years.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:46 PM
Mr Irony

Neckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is hereNeckinger Eagle Sam the man is here
After reading the last few posts my interest was piqued so I looked it up.

Borussia Mönchengladbach II currently play in Regionalliga West. That's the fourth tier in German football, the equivalent of our League Two.

Having said that, there are five Regionalliga competitions so their fourth tier is organised into five regional divisions. Winning the league doesn't mean automatic promotion to the National 3.Liga. You have to play-off against another Regionalliga champion (in one division a runner up also qualifies for the player offs).

As to the status of the league, it's difficult to gauge. The non-reserve teams higher up this division seem to be teams that have been higher up the ladder - I've not heard of Sprockhovel though I would guess that the competitive element of the league makes the games more meaningful that an English Academy game or a Checkatrade match?

I suppose it's rather like sending a player on loan to Southend, although you still retain control on the coaching that the player gets and you can keep a better eye than Mark Bright making the occasional appearance in the stands?
Old 24-02-2018, 05:47 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Made his first team debut today.
Old 24-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Last 10 minutes away at Hannover.
Old 24-02-2018, 06:25 PM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
Congrats! I've been following his career and seen he's played what is their reserve team a few divisions below. Good to see him getting a chance in the first team at last
Old 24-02-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Made his first team debut today.
Excellent news , really pleased for him.
Old 24-02-2018, 10:54 PM

Mr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is hereMr Mojo Risin Sam the man is here
Monchengladbach are 7th in the Bundesliga. If he can get into their team then he could have got into ours. Could end up being one that got away.
Old 24-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
Monchengladbach are 7th in the Bundesliga. If he can get into their team then he could have got into ours. Could end up being one that got away.
He's made one 10 minute subs appearance. And as I understand it at times he has struggled to even make the II team who play in the equivalent of the Conference National.

He's a long way from fulfilling that potential just yet. 48 games in 3.5 seasons means he averages about 14 games per season.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 25-02-2018 at 12:18 AM.
Old 21-05-2019, 06:19 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Has signed for Darmstadt on a free.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:18 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1Eagle View Post
Has signed for Darmstadt on a free.
I presume that is not a positive career move.
Pity. Wonder if he dreams of being AWB ?