Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:54 AM
AWM V 41 118,119

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Set him a budget and let him get on with it surely?
He was given a budget and the two players you mentioned above wouldn't cone to Palace within those constraints. Parish was right to stick to his guns. Managers and players come and go, the club is the highest priority.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 AM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Pulis did so much for us last season, and galvanised a team that lacked structure, discipline and restored pride and ultimately achieved beyond anyone's expectation.
He is the best manager we've had since Sir Steve, & his team resembled some of SC's (may not have been blessed with quality, but full of endeavour and commitment) Despite only being with us for 8 months, he still endured criticsm from some quarters from the outset.
I don't begrudge him leaving, he's clearly head strong and like Steve Parish probably hard to manage..........but something went drastically wrong between management & the owners, & the signings of Doyle/AJ only go to reflect this. If he returns to SE25, I for one will acknowledge the work he did for us.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 AM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Genuine question, over his time at stoke did they make a loss?
Other than a profit of £0.5m in 2009 they have lost money. Most recent:

2011: £3.95m
2012: £7.4m
2013: £31m

Plus an extract from 2010:

Stoke have consistently been among the top spenders since their return to the Premier League a couple of years ago (£30 million in 2008 and another £18 million in 2009).

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)

Last edited by dave_who_ru; 07-09-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:05 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
£3.95m loss in 2011 and £7.4m loss in 2012.
And £30m loss in 2012-13. A quick look at Swiss Ramble shows Peter Coates converted £32m of debt into equity. Not as bad as what Tony Bloom is having to do I suppose.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:14 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
I fear it will prove to be the worst mistake Parish has made - we really should have kept hold of Pulis as he pretty much guarantees Premiership survival. I had my doubts about Pulis but was pleasantly surprised at the style of football and his all round knowledge and experience is second to none when it comes to developing clubs like ours. It's such a shame it ended the way it did and we've gone for a sticking plaster solution in the interim until we find his long term successor. Hopefully Warnock, who I think is an understandable appointment, can keep us up and then we can start to think of a more long term replacement for Pulis.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:16 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Another thread that is turning into 'who's to blame' for him leaving, more repetitive argument.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:19 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
£3.95m loss in 2011 and £7.4m loss in 2012.
The same amounts that put us into admin?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:20 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Wouldn't it be better to wait for us to be mathematically safe and reach a cup final, while Pulis is relegated with westham before starting this thread ?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:21 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I fear it will prove to be the worst mistake Parish has made - we really should have kept hold of Pulis as he pretty much guarantees Premiership survival. I had my doubts about Pulis but was pleasantly surprised at the style of football and his all round knowledge and experience is second to none when it comes to developing clubs like ours. It's such a shame it ended the way it did and we've gone for a sticking plaster solution in the interim until we find his long term successor. Hopefully Warnock, who I think is an understandable appointment, can keep us up and then we can start to think of a more long term replacement for Pulis.
Who is going to pay the losses though in the end if he stayed?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:27 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
What would it have taken to keep him? We don't know how much he required. He lost £30m in his last year at Stoke. Even the Bet365 family chose not to sustain that. If Palace lost £30m and were relegated then our directors probably could not sustain that and we would be back in Admin. I doubt Parish could have done anything to change his mind. The only winners in this are the competitors and those gamblers on the south cost who got their bets in early.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:34 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can you explain what we should have done to keep TP?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:43 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
He has gone away, you know.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:44 AM

Night Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNight Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Can you explain what we should have done to keep TP?
This x1000. For this to work TP needed to buy into what the club were trying to achieve. It is a long term strategy not a short term one. Despite our success at getting promoted earlier than expected it doesn't change our strategy in regards to how the club needs to be run and the budget that it needs to be run on. TP wanted this earlier than we were able as a club to provide it. He walked, end of story. What was SP supposed to do. I would be amazed if he didn't try and compromise but at the end of the day the club and its survival or his priority and bigger than any one manager including TP! I for one am disappointed that he felt he had to walk but took about 24 hours to get over it. Lets face it, another season like the last and he probably would have walked anyway. We need to continue with the strategy of involving people who know the club and its supporters and simply 'get it'. NW is obviously a short term solution, and the remit will be to keep us up by hook or by crook to buy us some time to implement an appropriate succession plan.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:45 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Losing £30m in the premier league is probably sustainable now within the premier league. Even if you go down, you have parachute payments for the next few years. Palace are hardly breaking the budget. I can understand being cautious but in order to improve, risks often need to be taken.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 AM

Naboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNaboo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Has he spoken yet about why he left?
Old 07-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Banned by Moderators

ET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietET1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Very premature thread to start.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
His stock has never been higher than it is now,but i still feel he won't just walk into any job that comes up in the premiership.Before we took him on,there were jobs that came up that he wasn't considered for and the ones he was linked with had similar reactions by fans.

But even though he had great success keeping us up,i think his chances will be limited.Top teams forget it.Middling teams like soton,swansea,newcastle don't have the playing staff and style to suit him and wouldn't want to change unless sudden desperation sets in.

Even teams who may find themselves in the battle,may not want to go down the defensive,surrender possession,fill the team with athletes route,as sunderland proved last season.

So that leaves the teams who are likely to struggle.Burnley would be mad to sack dyche whatever happens.Leicester and west brom are possibilities,though leicester are quite attacking and have shown long term faith in pearson.But i think west ham is the one.They play shite football and it wont be a shocking transition,plus the owners have money to burn.

Personally i'm glad he's gone,he was never palace,babbled on about stoke all the time and never spoke as if he was part of the club.And he also left before he could strip the club of flair players,small players and trash the youth system,which he wouldn't have used much anyway.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
I have mixed emotions on TP, the greatest manager (in my lifetime) watching the Palace. He turned what was looking into a drab season into one of the best. The games against Chelsea and Liverpool will be as good as you will see, against top manager's as well.

But then on the contrary he walked out two days before our season, a massive two fingers to the club and fans especially. But then again I got the impression he didn't feel much emotion towards the supporters to be honest. Who knows what happened behind closed doors. It will be an interesting thread because I will no doubt be following Pulis' movements now, but the difference between this thread and the DF one is one manager is proven and is actually a very good manager, and the other... well isn't.

Clinton Morrison
Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 AM

Twin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTwin of Droy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pulis did a great job for Palace last year.

What is rarely said though is how good Palace was for Pulis.
His reputation was hoofball thuggery before coming here and he was out of work.

Now he is seen as some sort of messiah that guarantees premier league football.

I don't think he will find a club fit that will bring him as much success in the future, certainly not without spending vast amounts of money.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin of Droy View Post
Pulis did a great job for Palace last year.

What is rarely said though is how good Palace was for Pulis.
His reputation was hoofball thuggery before coming here and he was out of work.

Now he is seen as some sort of messiah that guarantees premier league football.

I don't think he will find a club fit that will bring him as much success in the future, certainly not without spending vast amounts of money.

Do you know what, this is also a very good point and post. I read that Pulis was happy to work with Championship clubs in his time out of work.

Clinton Morrison