Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:12 PM
analyse this

bourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is herebourne man Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
A worthy thread imo. I reckon the reason he was arguing with his missus is because he is so stubborn that he wouldn't even listen to her.

Sorry Tony but you ****ed up here, Palace have more potential than Stoke but you couldn't see it. I know SP can be hard to work with but he is a clever sod who knows his onions, you should've stayed and proved yourself.
That's how i see SP. Just because hes still young does not mean he should bottle out of going toe to toe with a hard headed, bullying manager. He defended his business model for the palace against a direct attempt to breach it
This business model will produce the training ground and subsequent cat A listing, it will produce the new stadium and we will achieve these things from a position of solvency
You just need patience and belief, surely the hallmarks of being a palace fan
Old 07-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Do we yet know the EXACT reason he left? Has Pulis said anything? I still think Parish has something to do it. Did he sell both our left backs without Pulis agreement? Did Parish insist on bringing back Wilf against Pulis' wishes???
We didnt sell both of our left backs

Parr was out of contract and refused the new one offered him

It was also pretty clear that Pulis didnt rate either of them highly, hence Ward at Left back most of the time
Old 07-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So many assumptions, when the fact is if TP is to be judged that can only be done on his record with us and any achievements. And if that is the case, he puts forward a very strong argument in his favour, but sadly for whatever reasons He and SP were unable to agree on policies or to compromise on views. We will never know the real reasons to his departure, as none of us are privy to the facts. What we must never forget is where we were when Pulis took over along with the group of players he inherited, and where we ended up with hardly any financial backing to strengthen the team, was nothing short of miraculous.
Fans on here have made so many assumptions of what his demands were and if granted would have left the club possibly bankrupt, the facts are prior to him leaving his spending on players was £1.9m, the lowest by a long way to any other club in the premiership, is that acceptable? there were players that he wanted so as to take us to the next level quite rightly, but that did not materialise for whatever reasons.
If we were to put ourselves in his position, would we not be disappointed? having achieved and exceeded any targets set by a country mile, and then feel you are not being supported financially would disillusion anybody.
As for Steve Parish, there is no questioning he is a Palace fan and also part owner, so must show responsibility in any financial planning/spending when running the club, also when supporting his manager. However, if you expect to compete in a very competitive league and reap the financial benefits by staying in the premiership, then that needs substantial financial backing, and on the face of it appears this was not so. As many on here have pointed out by our signings made to date, have the Board made a mistake? only time will tell.
My own view is YES we have, we had a formula that worked well for the club but that also must come at a financial cost long term, to say this would come as a surprise to established businessmen like our owners is being very naïve, and that is one thing they are Not. When Pulis was appointed surely all of these issues and any demands I am sure would have been discussed and put on the table, so when the split came was even more baffling to most fans.
All we can now hope is Warnock brings stability, Parish allows his manager to MANAGE with support when needed, and he does what he does best in his business field. We fans have seen sufficient turmoil at CPFC in the past few seasons, lets see stability and long term success for a change.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:20 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Do we yet know the EXACT reason he left? Has Pulis said anything? I still think Parish has something to do it. Did he sell both our left backs without Pulis agreement? Did Parish insist on bringing back Wilf against Pulis' wishes???
My assumptions are:

- Pullis knew that his stock would never be higher as Palace manager. How do you better being manager of the year and assisting in the survival and midtable placing of a side that was bottom of the league. Would staying any longer improve his reputation more than it is now? Probably not
- He wanted more money and thought his bargaining power would be at it's peak on the eve of the season. Surely no club owner would let a manager walk just two days before a new season kicks off
- Parish called his bluff
- He thought that the original business model described to him and sustainable purchases would go out the window and SP would be convinced out of it. He wasn't

I'm not suggesting for one minute he didn't do an amazing job but to me he's a slippery snake
Old 07-09-2014, 01:37 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Wrong!! The best managers are loyal and love the club.........not themselves
That is rubbish. Absolute rubbish.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:42 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
With respect you haven't answered my question.
Loads of people say SP should have done more, but won't say exactly what.
That's because none of us know exactly what went on. My point is that he should have done everything possible (within reason) to keep him. I do think there is a big question mark over our transfer strategy and I imagine that frustrated Pulis. He's not the first manager at our club to be frustrated. That's why he sought reassurances at the end of the season from Parish. I thought he might have walked at that point but he didn't. Perhaps it was inevitable as they didn't seem to get on fantastically well.

We'll probably never know but it's just a real shame that it came to this as it would have been great to have had Pulis here for 2 or 3 years to help really establish us in the PL. Even though he was only here a short time, though, he has moved us forward significantly. Let's hope Warnock can do his bit before we find someone for the long term.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:57 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Did Freedman f*ck your wife or something?
Did he bone you up the.......?
Old 07-09-2014, 02:42 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
That's because none of us know exactly what went on. My point is that he should have done everything possible (within reason) to keep him. I do think there is a big question mark over our transfer strategy and I imagine that frustrated Pulis. He's not the first manager at our club to be frustrated. That's why he sought reassurances at the end of the season from Parish. I thought he might have walked at that point but he didn't. Perhaps it was inevitable as they didn't seem to get on fantastically well.

We'll probably never know but it's just a real shame that it came to this as it would have been great to have had Pulis here for 2 or 3 years to help really establish us in the PL. Even though he was only here a short time, though, he has moved us forward significantly. Let's hope Warnock can do his bit before we find someone for the long term.
Yep.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:47 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Managers will always want to spend money, they couldn't give a shit if it ****s the club up long term. CPFC2010 have to think longer than TP's 2yr contract. Do you think Pulis cares that Stoke lost £31m in their last season? Do you think TP cares that the chairman had to cover that loss? Footballers and managers (on the whole) live in a bubble, it's CPFC2010's remit to make sure these people with NO financial qualifications aren't allowed to risk CPFC long term finances, and they're doing a great job.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:48 PM
sleep chaser

...and messageboards are for dudes who work in Tesco to say "Nah, Parish muffed up, what I would have done is....."
Old 07-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Yep.
Maybe so but we do know they disagreed on the transfer policy so that has to have something to do with it. My assumption is that Pulis gave Moody & Parish a list of players that he wanted, and based on the players we went for i.e. Caulker & Sigurdsson it looks like this list consisted of players on very large wages for a club of our size, therefore SP was understandably hesitant about spending this sort of money.

I would love to see the list of players Pulis gave them.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Managers will always want to spend money, they couldn't give a shit if it ****s the club up long term. CPFC2010 have to think longer than TP's 2yr contract. Do you think Pulis cares that Stoke lost £31m in their last season? Do you think TP cares that the chairman had to cover that loss? Footballers and managers (on the whole) live in a bubble, it's CPFC2010's remit to make sure these people with NO financial qualifications aren't allowed to risk CPFC long term finances, and they're doing a great job.
You make it sound as though Pulis acted unilaterally without Peter Coates' consent and backing. I don't believe Pulis did anything that Coates wasn't happy to sanction. Coates set the goalposts and Pulis operated within them. In return, Pulis turned an average first division club into an established mid-table premiership team. I don't see why Pulis and Parish couldn't have agreed a similar accommodation.

The problem with some people on this site is that they can't see there is a middle way between blowing millions of pounds and going into administration, and spending peanuts. I would have hoped Pulis and Parish could have agreed a way forward that gave us the best chance of staying in the league, while not risking the club's long-term future.

I agree CPFC2010 have done - and are doing - an amazing job. But one issue for me is that they are rifling through the managers - 4 in 4 years is not ideal. They need to find an eventual successor for Warnock that will establish the club over a longer period.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Spot on
Old 07-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
My assumptions are:

- Pullis knew that his stock would never be higher as Palace manager. How do you better being manager of the year and assisting in the survival and midtable placing of a side that was bottom of the league. Would staying any longer improve his reputation more than it is now? Probably not
- He wanted more money and thought his bargaining power would be at it's peak on the eve of the season. Surely no club owner would let a manager walk just two days before a new season kicks off
- Parish called his bluff
- He thought that the original business model described to him and sustainable purchases would go out the window and SP would be convinced out of it. He wasn't

I'm not suggesting for one minute he didn't do an amazing job but to me he's a slippery snake

Possibly the best and most feasible explanation I've read!
Old 07-09-2014, 02:58 PM

lombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlombardo7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
...and messageboards are for dudes who work in Tesco to say "Nah, Parish muffed up, what I would have done is....."
And people who work at Lidl who are blinded by the light when 2010 bend over!
Old 07-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
Maybe so but we do know they disagreed on the transfer policy so that has to have something to do with it. My assumption is that Pulis gave Moody & Parish a list of players that he wanted, and based on the players we went for i.e. Caulker & Sigurdsson it looks like this list consisted of players on very large wages for a club of our size, therefore SP was understandably hesitant about spending this sort of money.

I would love to see the list of players Pulis gave them.
If Adrian Durham is to be believed, and I'm not suggesting for one second he is; Etherington, Crouch and Walker for £50k a week each were also on that list.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by lombardo7 View Post
And people who work at Lidl who are blinded by the light when 2010 bend over!
And people with sandwich board signs preaching "the end is nigh" who instantly jump down their throats.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:06 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
You make it sound as though Pulis acted unilaterally without Peter Coates' consent and backing. I don't believe Pulis did anything that Coates wasn't happy to sanction. Coates set the goalposts and Pulis operated within them. In return, Pulis turned an average first division club into an established mid-table premiership team. I don't see why Pulis and Parish couldn't have agreed a similar accommodation.

The problem with some people on this site is that they can't see there is a middle way between blowing millions of pounds and going into administration, and spending peanuts. I would have hoped Pulis and Parish could have agreed a way forward that gave us the best chance of staying in the league, while not risking the club's long-term future.

I agree CPFC2010 have done - and are doing - an amazing job. But one issue for me is that they are rifling through the managers - 4 in 4 years is not ideal. They need to find an eventual successor for Warnock that will establish the club over a longer period.
SB said Pulis agreed the budget at the end of last season, and that budget is the biggest in CPFC's history. He also confirmed that no request for any player TP wanted was ever turned down. What more could/should CPFC2010 do? It's always easy to spend someone else's money.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
SB said Pulis agreed the budget at the end of last season, and that budget is the biggest in CPFC's history. He also confirmed that no request for any player TP wanted was ever turned down. What more could/should CPFC2010 do? It's always easy to spend someone else's money.
Well, I would respectfully say that we've only had one side of the story. We may never get the other side due to the contractual restrictions that will be put on Pulis from discussing the matter. Just because SB said that no request for a player Pulis wanted was turned down, doesn't mean it's necessarily true. I hope what he is saying is true though. Hopefully they learn from this and it doesn't happen next time.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:54 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Well, I would respectfully say that we've only had one side of the story. We may never get the other side due to the contractual restrictions that will be put on Pulis from discussing the matter. Just because SB said that no request for a player Pulis wanted was turned down, doesn't mean it's necessarily true. I hope what he is saying is true though. Hopefully they learn from this and it doesn't happen next time.
yea it's a tough one, believe the lifelong Palace fan (one of us) or the manager who was here for a few months, who then walked out 2 days before the season started, but not before he tipped off his mates so they could make a killing at the bookies.