Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:21 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Thats Boro now failed to score in 4 of their last 5 games.

The Pulis effect.

Bamford up front probably isn’t helping matters.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:21 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Thats Boro now failed to score in 4 of their last 5 games.

The Pulis effect.

Bamford up front probably isn’t helping matters.
The only ‘new manager bounce’ is in his hair
Old 24-02-2018, 09:18 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
@CraigHope_DM
wow, 3-3! Callum McManaman equalises for SAFC in stoppage-time (96th minute!) then runs into the Boro dugout and cocks his ear to Tony Pulis, his former WBA manager. An act for which he is booked.

@CraigHope_DM
Tony Pulis responds with... "He was disappointed when he was at West Brom because I didn't pick him. He went to Sheff Wed on loan & they didn't pick him. Now he's here & they don't pick him."

@CraigHope_DM Chris Coleman responds with... "I thought he was running to me, that was a bit embarrassing. I got blanked. I didn't know the history between them."

Old 24-02-2018, 09:26 PM
Asbo

Pubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPubface came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
@CraigHope_DM
wow, 3-3! Callum McManaman equalises for SAFC in stoppage-time (96th minute!) then runs into the Boro dugout and cocks his ear to Tony Pulis, his former WBA manager. An act for which he is booked.

@CraigHope_DM
Tony Pulis responds with... "He was disappointed when he was at West Brom because I didn't pick him. He went to Sheff Wed on loan & they didn't pick him. Now he's here & they don't pick him."

@CraigHope_DM Chris Coleman responds with... "I thought he was running to me, that was a bit embarrassing. I got blanked. I didn't know the history between them."

Quality!
Old 18-03-2019, 02:41 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Oh dear Tony

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Dear Mr Gibson,

You may never read this letter, but it is worth writing anyway as I feel if I don’t then I am betraying the football club that I feel so strongly about. I wanted to write to you to inform you of my decision not to renew my season ticket for next year at this moment in time and give you the reasons for my decision.

My current season ticket number is , prior to last year I had been a season ticket holder for 5 years but couldn’t commit to a season ticket due to working away. However, I still attended most home games and all southern away games last year. I have been a Boro fan for my whole life, I have experienced the incredible highs of promotion under Aitor Karanka and the UEFA cup run under Steve McClaren as well as the very low points of relegations. In the 14/15 and 15/16 seasons I did everything in my power to make it to games, this wasn’t just because we were winning, it was because the entire football club and its supporters felt like one entity, it felt special. Unfortunately, this is not the case at the moment. The football club feels more divided than it ever has during my time following the Boro and that is painful to see, particularly when the blame can be placed solely at one man’s door, Tony Pulis.

I am deeply passionate about our football club and it is for that reason that what is currently happening at our football club pains me so much. The current regime is driving people away, making people fall out of love with the football club that they care so much about. The football is attritional, we set up negatively both at home and away and it is depressing to watch. Our two cup exits this year were, to be honest, disgusting. They are two of the worst games I have seen us play. I don’t expect us to progress to the latter stages of cup competitions, but I do expect us to at least try to progress, something which it is very hard to say that we did against either Newport or Burton by having one attacker on the pitch against teams more than a division below us. Is this what you want to see from your football club? Is this the type of football you want to see from the team that you spend millions on every single year? I know for certain it isn’t what I want to see, and I only spend hundreds on this team every year.

I don’t ask for a team that wins every week. I only ask for a team that sets out to win games and shows the fight and effort that we all expect. I want a team that I am proud to say that I support again, I want a team that fights tooth and nail for every ball. Unfortunately, we haven’t had this since the 2015/16 promotion season

For these reasons I have regretfully come to the decision that I will not be renewing my season ticket at this moment in time. If the managerial situation changes, I will be first in line to renew but until that happens, I simply can’t bring myself to spend such a large sum of money on something that I no longer get any enjoyment out of. The best part of my matchday experience has become going to the pub beforehand, and I can do that without spending over £400 on a season ticket.

I hope you get the time to read this letter as my feelings are certainly not unique amongst Boro fans. Current surveys on our various fan forums have people wanting the current manager to be sacked at well above 80% of the people surveyed, that is unprecedented during my time following Middlesbrough. I have already given up on this season, as have a lot of our fans. I have no confidence that we will make the playoffs and even on the off chance that we did I would expect a similarly pathetic performance to the one we saw against Aston Villa last season. For all the reasons listed above and many more I implore you to make a change before it is too late. If no change is made, I will not come back, and I know of many others who have no intention of returning under Tony Pulis’ stewardship either. This man has eroded every aspect of our football that I took pride in, he has alienated and sold players who cared far more for this football club than he ever could.

As I said earlier, I hope you get chance to read this letter and I hope you take on board the things I have said as I only write this letter from a position of deep love for our football club. I hope you can answer some of the questions I have asked, and I also hope that you act on the overwhelming opinion of the fans. Please give us something to love again, Steve.

Yours regrettably,
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 18-03-2019, 02:53 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
If Boro go up, and they still can, that guy will be back. And Boro will be THE dullest team in the world.
Old 18-03-2019, 02:54 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
5th in the championship.
Old 18-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Lovely stuff

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pulisball in effect.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 18-03-2019, 08:43 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
We have had some of the greatest dullard managers in the English game and in Pulis had someone you know you were stupid to trust. Hopefully will drop out of the top six and be sacked
Old 18-03-2019, 08:50 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
If Boro go up, and they still can, that guy will be back. And Boro will be THE dullest team in the world.
Towards the end of his time here, Pulis had us playing some great football. This seems very much to be the exception to the rest of his managerial career though.
Old 18-03-2019, 09:02 PM

CamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is hereCamberleyEagle Sam the man is here
I don't like the guy as an individual but he saved our arses in 2013/14. I would still be interested to hear his take on why he left. I would have a little chuckle if it was because he couldn't sign Crouch on £60k per week but two years later we signed Benteke on double that.
Old 18-03-2019, 10:16 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamberleyEagle View Post
I don't like the guy as an individual but he saved our arses in 2013/14. I would still be interested to hear his take on why he left. I would have a little chuckle if it was because he couldn't sign Crouch on £60k per week but two years later we signed Benteke on double that.
He is a crook FFS.
Old 18-03-2019, 10:16 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Towards the end of his time here, Pulis had us playing some great football. This seems very much to be the exception to the rest of his managerial career though.
The players certainly bought into his philosophy. Great shape, well marshalled and happy to mix it. The interchange between Mariappa and Puncheon was a joy to watch at the back end of the 2013/14 season, not only did he make us competitive but he had us beating the league champions at home in style TP had a quick drink with us after the Brentford friendly game, and 5 days later he was off.

Decent in game management as well
Old 18-03-2019, 10:17 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Rose tinted specs i think. Lots of games were dire but we loved it. I remember us beating West Ham in possibly the worst game of football i have ever seen - bfs was their manager i think.
Old 18-03-2019, 10:20 PM

We had that time wasting thing going on as well ftom the first minute - that 10-15 seconds more than average to take every throw in and free kick.
Old 18-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
TP had a quick drink with us after the Brentford friendly game, and 5 days later he was off.

So you’re to blame!
Old 19-03-2019, 09:58 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Rose tinted specs i think. Lots of games were dire but we loved it. I remember us beating West Ham in possibly the worst game of football i have ever seen - bfs was their manager i think.
I think you're wearing the opposite of rose tinted specs... Shit tinted specs?

A lot of his tenure was about grinding out results but those final 8 or so games were fantastic. We soaked up pressure and then just destroyed teams on the break with ridiculous pace.
Old 19-03-2019, 10:01 AM

Jughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJughead came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Welsh roy
Old 17-05-2019, 10:47 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
He gawn

Old 17-05-2019, 10:48 AM

PalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is herePalaceForever Sam the man is here
Contract not being extended at Boro.