Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 21-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Spanish football

Not just a thread for the Primera Divison, but all Spanish football as I appreciate there are a few on here who go to follow local teams etc. Also we tend to get match specific threads pop up particularly for the Classico matches, would be nice to try and get a proper thread going.

Tonight the proper Spanish season kicked off (not sure if they class the Supercopa as a proper competition or a friendly like the Community Shield) with an Andalucian derby which finished 0-0 between Malaga and Sevilla, Steven N'Zonzi quick to pick up his first red card on his debut.
Old 21-08-2015, 11:56 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Come on Villareal and Castellon.
Old 22-08-2015, 12:02 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Come on Villareal and Castellon.
Always had massive respect for Villarreal. Never been but apparently the town is tiny.

I have always been a Real Madrid fan since I got into Spanish football in 1996, but look out for Sevilla, Betis and Real Balompedica Linense (Segunda B division) results.
Old 22-08-2015, 12:05 AM

Wycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is hereWycombe Eagle#2 Sam the man is here
Valencia

Ambition is to watch a game in Spain one day with the kids. Managed to do stadium tours of Barcleona, Real Madrid and Valencia and I've got to admit my favourite is Valencia. Yes it's pretty tired but wow what an amazing stadium. When I stood pitch side it honestly gave me goose bumps and you can only imagine what it's like when full on match day. It's like a cauldron.
Old 22-08-2015, 01:59 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Don't watch much La Liga but I have a soft spot for Athletic Bilbao and their transfer policy. One club with its soul still there. I'm focussing on watching the Bundesliga more as I am a counter attack loving pleb but I'll try and watch more apart from the Barca vs some shit from Liga Adelante matches as there's no point
Old 22-08-2015, 02:03 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
Don't watch much La Liga but I have a soft spot for Athletic Bilbao and their transfer policy. One club with its soul still there. I'm focussing on watching the Bundesliga more as I am a counter attack loving pleb but I'll try and watch more apart from the Barca vs some shit from Liga Adelante matches as there's no point
What's their transfer policy?
Old 22-08-2015, 02:58 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Yankee View Post
What's their transfer policy?
They only sign players born in the Basque country, players with Basque heritage (a south american with Basque grandparents played for them a couple of years ago), or who came through basque academies (such as their current French born defender Aymeric Laporte).
Old 22-08-2015, 03:47 AM
Up the Palace!!!

It's quite remarkable that Bilbao have never been relegated from.the Primera Division despite their transfer policy. Their rivals Real Sociedad used to go by the same principles yet abandoned them and have subsequently been relegated a few times.

There seems to be a bit more acceptance from the Spanish Basque's now, but try telling that to Former France international Bixente Lizarazu who wad French Basque and practically run out of town because of it. It literally used to be Spanish Basque players.

Can you imagine say Palace only signing players from South London, or Aston Villa only signing players from the West Midlands. That's pretty much the same sort of thing.
Old 22-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycombe Eagle#2 View Post
Valencia

Ambition is to watch a game in Spain one day with the kids. Managed to do stadium tours of Barcleona, Real Madrid and Valencia and I've got to admit my favourite is Valencia. Yes it's pretty tired but wow what an amazing stadium. When I stood pitch side it honestly gave me goose bumps and you can only imagine what it's like when full on match day. It's like a cauldron.
Other than a handful of grounds, the atmosphere at Spanish grounds is often worse than Premier League grounds by a long way
Old 22-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
Other than a handful of grounds, the atmosphere at Spanish grounds is often worse than Premier League grounds by a long way
I went to watch Sevilla vs Celta at the Ramón Sanchéz Pízjuan once. It was a really weird feel to the atmosphere... There were whole families there like it was a regular evening out, but you could tell the wives really didn't want to be there... And **** me do the Spanish love to nibble through packets of sunflower seeds during matches.

Best thing I done though. I had always wanted to go to a La Liga game, preferred Betis but they were away at Barcelona (and lost 5-2) when we were there, but going to the game meant I grew a soft spot for Sevilla, who I think have a few similarities to Palace.
Old 22-08-2015, 08:29 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Always had massive respect for Villarreal. Never been but apparently the town is tiny.

I have always been a Real Madrid fan since I got into Spanish football in 1996, but look out for Sevilla, Betis and Real Balompedica Linense (Segunda B division) results.
I haven't yet been to see a match but have stopped off near the ground a couple of times to go to the beauty spot a few miles up the end of the road. The footprint is tiny but the stands very tall, hence the 25k capacity. The ground is hemmed in by terrace housing and there are lots of small bars but no large chain pubs around the ground. There is a notice in English outside the away end about no flares. In the second division crowds fell to under 10k but now they have plenty of season ticket holders and the atmosphere is supposed to be good. I keep meaning to go but the matches are always so late and I'd have to drive back 20 miles and I have just haven't got round to it. I loved their volveremos slogan after relegation which is something we should use in the unlikely event.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 22-08-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 22-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I went to watch Sevilla vs Celta at the Ramón Sanchéz Pízjuan once. It was a really weird feel to the atmosphere... There were whole families there like it was a regular evening out, but you could tell the wives really didn't want to be there... And **** me do the Spanish love to nibble through packets of sunflower seeds during matches.

Best thing I done though. I had always wanted to go to a La Liga game, preferred Betis but they were away at Barcelona (and lost 5-2) when we were there, but going to the game meant I grew a soft spot for Sevilla, who I think have a few similarities to Palace.
Very very true about the families and eating... I liken it to taking a cool box/hamper to the cricket
Old 22-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
usually look out for the Valladolid results as my ex-wife came from there, although I lost track with them over the last few years
Old 22-08-2015, 12:20 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
Seen Valencia and Mallorca live so always look out for them. Loved Mallorca's little ground.
Old 22-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Just looked at the Segunda B divisions for this season, a lot of jigging about. Segunda B4 where Balona (Real Balompedica Linense) play has clubs across the whole South of Spain and up the West now too.

Some fairly "big" clubs in the division this year as a result... Cadiz, Real Murcia, Merida, and Recreativo have all had spells in the Primera Division in recent memory, and clubs like Cartagena and Linares have been Segunda A main stays for a lot of the same period. Going to be a tough old season... But local rivalry games with Algeciras and San Roque to look forward to.
Old 22-08-2015, 03:50 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Primera Division:
Malaga 0-0 Sevilla
Espanyol 1-0 Getafe
Deportivo 0-0 Real Sociedad
Atletico Madrid 1-0 Las Palmas
Rayo 0-0 Valencia
Barcelona 1-0 Athletic Bilbao
Sporting Gijon 0-0 Real Madrid
Levante 1-2 Celta Vigo
Real Betis 1-1 Villarreal
Granada 1-3 Eibar

Newly promoted teams in green.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 25-08-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 22-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Segunda A Division:
Almeria 3-2 Leganes
Mirandes 1-1 Zaragoza
Llagostera 0-2 Osasuna
Real Oviedo 2-2 Lugo
Huesca 2-3 Alaves
Nastic 2-2 Albacete
Numancia 6-3 Tenerife
Bilbao Athletic 0-1 Girona
Ponferradina 2-0 Elche
Alcorcon 2-0 Mallorca
Cordoba 1-0 Real Valladolid

Promoted clubs in Green, Relegated clubs in Red.

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 25-08-2015 at 07:24 AM.
Old 22-08-2015, 07:09 PM
AMAZE(ing) ???

Tripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTripod 10 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Will be cheering for Real Madrid again but expect them to come up short again .
Have watched RCD Mallorca a number of times whilst over there and hope they put the last two seasons boardroom battles behind them, but will be tough especially without Marcos Asencio.
Old 23-08-2015, 04:32 PM
Up the Palace!!!

I am going to update the post of fixtures with scores rather than keep writing it all out again.
Old 23-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Bad news from the big game in the Segunda B4... Real Jaen 2-0 Balona.