Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 13-09-2016, 01:31 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Sunderland are woeful. Hull will struggle as the season goes on and I think both will drop. There are a number of other teams for the 3rd drop spot that could include almost half the league. West Ham should be ok now but if they were in Europa League I would have seen them as outside chance for relegation.
Old 13-09-2016, 01:57 AM

Russboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRussboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Sunderland are woeful.
They'll do the usual Houdini act come March. But if Defoe gets injured...
Old 13-09-2016, 05:10 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
Sorry, just cannot see it. In fact I reckon a top 6 finish for West Ham, if one of the big boys slip up.
For me - Burnley, Hull, Boro, Sunderland look the most vulnerable
I think Bournemouth, Swansea & West Brom have either good management or good players.

I do not really care as long as we stay up. Indeed, I would love to see us cement a nice mid table position.
Top 6!?!? Not in a million years. They won't go down but for them to be top 6 they'll have to do better than either City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs. Not a chance. 8th will be the height of their ambitions I reckon.
Old 13-09-2016, 07:58 AM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At the start of last season I predicted W.H. would be a bit dodgy after their previous end-season poor run of form. Unfortunately that didn't continue & they did OK, though IMO were pretty lucky in getting points from quite a few games.
Not going to predict their position this year but hoping for the worst. Cheers!
Old 13-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
No chance they'll go down
Old 13-09-2016, 08:54 AM
可愛いベイビー

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They won the World Cup, you know...
Old 18-09-2016, 12:20 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I thought they got rid of Tomkins because they were so strong in that position? They're leaking goals all over the place. Or is Tomkins even shitter?
Old 18-09-2016, 12:28 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I thought they got rid of Tomkins because they were so strong in that position? They're leaking goals all over the place. Or is Tomkins even shitter?
He needs to play first so we can find out. The Spurs and Blackpool games were not a good start.
Old 19-09-2016, 12:27 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous Coward

Another loss for the Sham.

Shame.
Old 19-09-2016, 01:41 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
In all honesty, they won't go down.

But it would be good to see them struggle for a bit.
Old 19-09-2016, 02:03 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
A lot seem to be really down on their rented stadium. They know they are stuck with it, and they take that negativity to away games. Think they'll pick up enough wins but may struggle if/when Payet leaves.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 19-09-2016, 10:41 AM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
A lot seem to be really down on their rented stadium.
Every one I know hates it with a passion, not heard a good word said about it yet, and I don't blame them, moving from a proper football ground to an athletics stadium must be horrible.

With that in mind it's not impossible that this season could go toxic for them, it's happened before, but it would have to be a massive meltdown, they have some very very good players.
Old 19-09-2016, 10:57 AM

sherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
After watching them get torn apart on Saturday,i feel that there is something lacking at the moment,I believe the stadium will never really be the home away from home they anticipated,its a lovely stadium,but its not a football ground.The fans seem to be split down the middle,the lack of foresight and placement planning has made a lot of the longer term supporters feel alienated,and this is not going to sort itself out.The board clearly dont give a toss about the fans,consequently they are now suffering the massive influx of j.c.l.s who want to sit quietly and watch the game from a comfy seat,With any luck it will become the new Gaymex. But at least they have their World Cup win to reminisce about.

Last edited by sherrifbart; 19-09-2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: spelling!!!
Old 19-09-2016, 04:27 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrifbart View Post
After watching them get torn apart on Saturday,i feel that there is something lacking at the moment,I believe the stadium will never really be the home away from home they anticipated,its a lovely stadium,but its not a football ground.The fans seem to be split down the middle,the lack of foresight and placement planning has made a lot of the longer term supporters feel alienated,and this is not going to sort itself out.The board clearly dont give a toss about the fans,consequently they are now suffering the massive influx of j.c.l.s who want to sit quietly and watch the game from a comfy seat,With any luck it will become the new Gaymex. But at least they have their World Cup win to reminisce about.
I like Bilic who is a pretty good manager and a nice bloke, but as a manager he has always been a bit patchy. He'll turn it round.
Old 19-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagaya_Eagle View Post
They won the World Cup, you know...
And are celebrating the 50th anniversary by losing every game 4-2.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 19-09-2016, 05:17 PM

muswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemuswell eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From reading the posts about their defence on kumb, the problem is not necessarily the back four, but not having proper defensive midfielders in front of it and having too many forwards not tracking back to help.

If you accept that analysis, then the problem is not easily solved and WHU will struggle, although I think they still have sufficient to avoid relegation.

I hope I am wrong, but don't blame me, I voted remain
Old 19-09-2016, 06:04 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Its the same problem i always had on Championship Manager. You have a good settled team, and you buy in what you think are upgrades in every position, but it just doesn't work for some reason.
Old 20-09-2016, 06:20 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
I'm not sure why so many creamed themselves over Zaza. Good player but not a great player. And hardly prolific.
Old 20-09-2016, 07:44 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Hammer season ticket holder at work thinks the club is a mess.

New stadium isn't great and they've managed to upset most long term season ticket holders with none of the owners wanting to take any responsibility at all.
He said something clearly isn't right with the squad and is convinced Bilic will be gone by Christmas.

I don't think they'll get relegated, but if they don't pick up a few wins soon I can't see Payet or Zaza fancying a relegation battle.
Old 20-09-2016, 08:11 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Love to see wet sham get relegated. Used to like them in the seventies and eighties but their whole ethos changed. Can't forget their arrogant fans attitude leading up to the Cardiff play off final. And not happy they got that shitty stadium for free
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.