Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:53 AM

jimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is herejimos_uk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Our problem was not BFS leaving but appointing De Boer. Had we had Hodgson from the start of the season, I think we would be comfortably mid-table.

I am sure Everton fans will get sick of his ego and 'pragmatism' in 18 months or so
This is the sad thing - you're absolutely correct in everything you've written here.

Could you imagine how the BBS would have reacted had we hired Roy instead of FDB? This board, and particularly many of the FB Palace pages, are somewhat toxic places and it is a shame.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:19 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Will someone please just move this ******* thread.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Will someone please just move this ******* thread.
It will probably take someone to 'report' it....
Old 12-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
It will probably take someone to 'report' it....
I’m not a grass H
Old 12-12-2017, 03:42 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC since 1989 View Post
This guy is a traitor to Palace.

Thanks for that, needed a laugh!

Free Palestine
Old 12-12-2017, 04:43 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
We're in a worse position now than when we sacked Neil Warnock but it doesn't mean that that wasn't the right decision.
For the sake of balance I didn't think we were right to sack Warnock either. I was happy when I found out the replacement was Pardew,as I'm sure a lot were.Our lack of patience with managers,or in some cases their lack of patience with us,is finally coming back to bite us as we've had no joined up thinking with regards to recruitment or style of play or the academy or practically anything else at the club.We're pretty much guaranteed to be looking for a new manager again within the next 18 months and more likely 6.It's madness.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:40 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Everton don't have the players to play any other way. Their squad is seriously unbalanced and they're going to spend big in January no doubt. I think they'll stay up fairly easily but I expect a lot of turnover.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
For the sake of balance I didn't think we were right to sack Warnock either. I was happy when I found out the replacement was Pardew,as I'm sure a lot were.Our lack of patience with managers,or in some cases their lack of patience with us,is finally coming back to bite us as we've had no joined up thinking with regards to recruitment or style of play or the academy or practically anything else at the club.We're pretty much guaranteed to be looking for a new manager again within the next 18 months and more likely 6.It's madness.
In terms of 'sacking' managers I don't think the club has got a single one wrong since maybe Kember in the early 80's. We have lost plenty who should not have gone of course.

I agree with your other points.
Old 15-12-2017, 02:42 PM

CPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC since 1989 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
BFC removed from GPD.

A victory for real Palace.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:07 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Knives are really out for him now. Think the owners will let him go come the end of the season.

Wonder if there’s a part of him in retrospect that thinks that the Palace project would’ve been a more satisfying and less stressful career choice.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:49 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Such a shame he never stayed, thought this season had high hopes before he left.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:11 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1 View Post
Such a shame he never stayed, thought this season had high hopes before he left.
At the time he left, it seemed the reason was perfectly understandable - but he chose to come back into management less than six months later, which suggests he is a bullshitter of the lowest order.

It seems to me the only project guys like Allardyce and Pulis and to be fair 90% of managers and coaches, is to find a nice pay cheque to top up their already bulging pension fund.

I would have more respect for him if he had taken a complete break for a season for the personal reasons stated at the time, but getting back into the same type of work so quickly has shown him up for the money grabbing character he actually is - if the circumstances surrounding his dismissal from the England job didn’t prove that already.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:34 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I think what happened with us and Sam was that he did have that personal tragedy at that point, along with his personal health issues and decided on balance he was too long in the tooth to take on another Bolton-esque project where let’s face it, you’re always trying to keep your head above water.

6 months out of the game recharged his batteries enough to be tempted by an offer by a proper ‘big’ club. Probably, apart from England, the kind of job he’d been after for years and was too much of a temptation to turn down.

Had he joined anyone outside that top 7 then I think CP Satellite’s viewpoint may have held more water.
Old 04-03-2018, 08:37 AM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Not excuses for BFS. Has a massive squad. Probably wanted £100m in the transfer window to strengthen lol.

They looked awful yesterday and his brand of football doesn't work for a top 8 side.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:05 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I think that like with Pulis, Allardyce fell out with Parish over transfer targets. However, it’s a really tough one for any chairman - do you just give your manager free reign of the budget, knowing that if the team starts failing then the manager will need to be sacked? Or if they start playing really well, the manager will be poached by a bigger club?

I think the way it appears to be done on the continent is right. A director of football helping identify targets, whilst the manager focuses on the first team. I certainly don’t think that any manager should have players forced upon him, but I equally don’t think that the manager should have free reign to buy whoever they want.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:40 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I think that like with Pulis
I'll finish your first sentence differently'

Like pulis allardyce used our club to try and get a bigger job. Because of the way he left pulis couldn't and the one he eventually got he completely ****ed up, got the sack and they are going down.

Because of those 3 wins v chelsea arsenal and liverpool and the way he left (which was lies but not as blatant as ulis) allardyce blagged a big job on big wages which after an initial bounce has gone to shit and he's way out of his depth.

Both relegation fire fighters who thought they were too big for us. Both dodgy *****. Roy has more class in his little finger than both of them put together
Old 04-03-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I think that like with Pulis, Allardyce fell out with Parish over transfer targets. However, it’s a really tough one for any chairman - do you just give your manager free reign of the budget, knowing that if the team starts failing then the manager will need to be sacked? Or if they start playing really well, the manager will be poached by a bigger club?

I think the way it appears to be done on the continent is right. A director of football helping identify targets, whilst the manager focuses on the first team. I certainly don’t think that any manager should have players forced upon him, but I equally don’t think that the manager should have free reign to buy whoever they want.
That’s the point people miss when they say Parish shouldn’t interfere in transfers. You would have to have some faith built on a few years of proven success in the market to give a manager total say on transfers.

You end up with a manager like Pardew whose signings are poor, or Peter Taylor whose signings nigh on sent the club on the road towards administration, and your’re in trouble.

A manager is normally just thinking short term success whereas an owner has to have one eye on the long term ramifications of any big transfer.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:52 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Pretty unanimous from an Everton perspective that they want him out at the end of the season, which will happen. Half the fans didn't want him (and more importantly sammy Lee) when he signed. Was never in a million years going to work past this summer
Old 04-03-2018, 11:01 AM

HurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is hereHurstpierPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
I'll finish your first sentence differently'

Like pulis allardyce used our club to try and get a bigger job. Because of the way he left pulis couldn't and the one he eventually got he completely ****ed up, got the sack and they are going down.

Because of those 3 wins v chelsea arsenal and liverpool and the way he left (which was lies but not as blatant as ulis) allardyce blagged a big job on big wages which after an initial bounce has gone to shit and he's way out of his depth.

Both relegation fire fighters who thought they were too big for us. Both dodgy *****. Roy has more class in his little finger than both of them put together
Top post. Totally agree especially with the last part.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:06 AM

Tim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They only appointed him to save them from relegation, same as any other club does. He’s not a long term appointment for them & wont last the summer.

He’ll be back at Wolves or some other struggling club by Christmas next season doing the same thing all over again..