Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 31-01-2018, 04:49 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEagle View Post
Yeah, but they won the World Cup though, cut 'em some slack, me old China
And World War Two according to some of them...
Old 31-01-2018, 04:50 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by East-End Eagle View Post
I won’t be going back
Said that after I went last season. Shame as Upton Park was one of my favourite away days, proper ground.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:52 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Think yourself lucky we only go there once a season imagine having to go threw that experience 20 odd times a season worse match experience that we go to would rather travel to Swansea or burnley then to that ground.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Maidstoned For Mod!

EryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is hereEryrExile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
On top of everything mentioned above, woefully inadequate toilet provision
No shit.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Grrrrrrr.......

Ev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEv came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
Lots of rubbish posted here. Not that surprised, it's primarily come from people clearly annoyed that West Ham got to rent a 60,000 stadium on the cheap so determined to find fault at everything possible.
It was less than a fortnight ago we played at the Emirates. That is a terrible soulless matchday experience!

The view yesterday I had from middle of upper tier was far better than I had away at Newcastle earlier this year or previously at Sunderland (sure there were fewer steps as well)
Considering the atrocious standard of football on offer yesterday which wasn't exactly geared to get crowd singing there was a fair bit of singing from the home crowd and the acoustics are a lot better than many new grounds which are as quiet as museums or libraries

Got in and out of ground easily. Searching supporters after they've crossed bridges rather than at turnstiles was surprisingly efficient. No problems getting a drink before game (both in pub and inside ground)
The bubbles machines felt a bit out of place and were odd but a hundred times better than clappers.

I've been to the stadium a dozen or so times for various athletics events and was a lot more impressed with it's use for football than I was expecting.
Not as much rubbish as on this post.

Didn't give how they got the stadium a thought when i was trudging round parts of east London i didn't know existed, trying to get back to Stratford International.

Awful stadium in every respect. Football ground for people who don't like football, just the 'experience'.

I would actually feel sorry for their fans if so many of them weren't mockney wankers.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:02 PM

bodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is herebodger Sam the man is here
West Ham would be in massive trouble if they went down because it is not a good football experience for home or away fans.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:06 PM

VKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
How old was the boy?
Is this a serious question.

About Early 20s I would guess.

To think we are paying for them to play there too!

Imagine going from Selhurst to that, it would kill you with every game!!
Old 31-01-2018, 05:11 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
It’s not a football stadium but I personally felt the concourse experience with natural light and noticeable lack of exposed cabling and pipe work is the best in the league.i didn’t go last night though so haven’t experienced it at night. I thought it was spacious and comfortable and noticed no such problem with the toilets.

The upper tier is simply not worth paying to view the game from. Lower tier or don’t bother.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:16 PM

Payney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPayney came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
It’s not a football stadium but I personally felt the concourse experience with natural light and noticeable lack of exposed cabling and pipe work is the best in the league.i didn’t go last night though so haven’t experienced it at night. I thought it was spacious and comfortable and noticed no such problem with the toilets.

The upper tier is simply not worth paying to view the game from. Lower tier or don’t bother.
Yer the natural light in the concourse is lovely, So is the natural rain that manages to float down inside there too.

Agree regarding lower/upper tier.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:17 PM

VKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post

I was in the upper tier, maybe it is much more luxurious at the bottom.

Also why sell alcohol to home fans but not away fans. Was not a huge deal for me but it is the principle of the matter.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:20 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
Lots of rubbish posted here. Not that surprised, it's primarily come from people clearly annoyed that West Ham got to rent a 60,000 stadium on the cheap so determined to find fault at everything possible.
It was less than a fortnight ago we played at the Emirates. That is a terrible soulless matchday experience!

The view yesterday I had from middle of upper tier was far better than I had away at Newcastle earlier this year or previously at Sunderland (sure there were fewer steps as well)
Considering the atrocious standard of football on offer yesterday which wasn't exactly geared to get crowd singing there was a fair bit of singing from the home crowd and the acoustics are a lot better than many new grounds which are as quiet as museums or libraries

Got in and out of ground easily. Searching supporters after they've crossed bridges rather than at turnstiles was surprisingly efficient. No problems getting a drink before game (both in pub and inside ground)
The bubbles machines felt a bit out of place and were odd but a hundred times better than clappers.

I've been to the stadium a dozen or so times for various athletics events and was a lot more impressed with it's use for football than I was expecting.
How many people have mentioned they got it on the cheap? Before you, the great total of zero.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:21 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKR1888 View Post
I was in the upper tier, maybe it is much more luxurious at the bottom.

Also why sell alcohol to home fans but not away fans. Was not a huge deal for me but it is the principle of the matter.
Same concourse.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:26 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKR1888 View Post
Is this a serious question.

About Early 20s I would guess.
You made it sound as if he was 14 and there with his parents
Old 31-01-2018, 05:28 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Not in the slightest bit jealous of any aspect of that ground. Not one thing. Nothing.

They still haven't got round to putting up the Bobby Moore statue they have planned (yes, another one), still just a plinth where it should be.

Wouldn't say no to a new football stadium in CP Park of course, but what they have is a compromise on every single level bar the large capacity.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 31-01-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
You made it sound as if he was 14 and there with his parents
Mentally, possibly.

He was upset he couldn't smoke and quite clearly had not grasped what they steward was saying.

Even the steward couldn't understand why there was no alcohol, a question he said he had been asked fifty times already!
Old 31-01-2018, 07:05 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
I wouldn't go very often if we ever got a stadium that even resembles the one we played in yesterday.

Terrible view, terrible atmosphere, terrible facilities and a terrible journey to/from.

Upton Park was a great football stadium and the Olympic Stadium is opposite in every way.

Waiting for Scro to come along and say it's great because there's a nice Nandos in the Westfield centre or something
Old 31-01-2018, 07:32 PM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
That was a bit bizarre; I got through and it wasn't like the train we got on was packed.
Yes i managed to get down there quite quick before they shut the gates was on and out of there pretty sharpish.

Was plenty of room on the train a bit more than the usual crush to get on trains at Selhurst or Norwood!
Old 31-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
I sat in their end.

What absolute ******* helmets they are.

Had one **** sitting next to me trying his hardest to sound like some sort of football guru and dropping cliche’s left right and centre.

My favourite of which was “Noble is purring tonight, he loves a London derby”

Also voiced his approval of their stringing 4 passes together across that back 4 (from their corner!!) with reputations of “nice” after each pass, followed by “love what i’m seeing here, ammers”

Funnily enough, he left at half time. As did about 10 people around us.

Whadddacant.
Old 31-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Went last year it was awful, said I would never go there again and I wont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale
Old 31-01-2018, 07:36 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
I was assuming when they shifted to football they'd put up some temporary stands to make the crowd closer to the pitch. I only watched on a stream but it looks like a whopping distance from front row to touchline at the far edges of the bowl.

Werner Herzog