Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 31-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
I thought it was alright last night. Not great, but ok. We were lower tier, so not too far from the action. We used Pudding Mill Lane in both directions, which was very straightforward. The West Ham fans put in a reasonable effort to make a bit of noise given the lack of entertainment. Certainly much better than Arsenal.

I hated it last season, but last night was much better.
Old 31-01-2018, 07:56 PM

west eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwest eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy View Post
I was assuming when they shifted to football they'd put up some temporary stands to make the crowd closer to the pitch. I only watched on a stream but it looks like a whopping distance from front row to touchline at the far edges of the bowl.
That is with the temporary seating.
Old 31-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
Lots of rubbish posted here. Not that surprised, it's primarily come from people clearly annoyed that West Ham got to rent a 60,000 stadium on the cheap so determined to find fault at everything possible.
It was less than a fortnight ago we played at the Emirates. That is a terrible soulless matchday experience!

The view yesterday I had from middle of upper tier was far better than I had away at Newcastle earlier this year or previously at Sunderland (sure there were fewer steps as well)
Considering the atrocious standard of football on offer yesterday which wasn't exactly geared to get crowd singing there was a fair bit of singing from the home crowd and the acoustics are a lot better than many new grounds which are as quiet as museums or libraries

Got in and out of ground easily. Searching supporters after they've crossed bridges rather than at turnstiles was surprisingly efficient. No problems getting a drink before game (both in pub and inside ground)
The bubbles machines felt a bit out of place and were odd but a hundred times better than clappers.

I've been to the stadium a dozen or so times for various athletics events and was a lot more impressed with it's use for football than I was expecting.
It's for the fans to create an atmosphere isn't it ? The Arsenal stadium is one of the very best purpose built stadium's in Europe, I can't think that there is one thing that a fan can't want for, it's a FIFA elite stadium that can host internationals and European cup finals, I'm sure the recent visit of Cologne was a brilliant match day experience, don't forget Highbury one of the best old school stadium's in the country was referred to as the Highbury Library
Old 31-01-2018, 08:33 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
Lots of rubbish posted here. Not that surprised, it's primarily come from people clearly annoyed that West Ham got to rent a 60,000 stadium on the cheap so determined to find fault at everything possible.
It was less than a fortnight ago we played at the Emirates. That is a terrible soulless matchday experience!

The view yesterday I had from middle of upper tier was far better than I had away at Newcastle earlier this year or previously at Sunderland (sure there were fewer steps as well)
Considering the atrocious standard of football on offer yesterday which wasn't exactly geared to get crowd singing there was a fair bit of singing from the home crowd and the acoustics are a lot better than many new grounds which are as quiet as museums or libraries

Got in and out of ground easily. Searching supporters after they've crossed bridges rather than at turnstiles was surprisingly efficient. No problems getting a drink before game (both in pub and inside ground)
The bubbles machines felt a bit out of place and were odd but a hundred times better than clappers.

I've been to the stadium a dozen or so times for various athletics events and was a lot more impressed with it's use for football than I was expecting.
Couldn't care less how they got it, it's not worth what they're paying either so even better. The whole thing was, to put it bluntly, ******* boring!

Looked ok walking up to it. Then once the game started the end was all there was to look forward too. I wasn't even at the back and felt like you were miles away from what you were actually there for, Hodgson probably felt the same! I noticed the coaching team took shifts, I assumed it's cause of the half marathon required to get instructions from the bench, or the roaming charges if they're texting them!

The atmosphere home and away was dull as it took 20 minutes for the noise on the right of the block to finally reach the left side of the block, by then it was pin drop time again.

All of that isn't just my view, but a few West Ham fans shared the same and wanna move out asap.
Old 31-01-2018, 08:42 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
I sat in their end.

What absolute ******* helmets they are.

Had one **** sitting next to me trying his hardest to sound like some sort of football guru and dropping cliche’s left right and centre.

My favourite of which was “Noble is purring tonight, he loves a London derby”

Also voiced his approval of their stringing 4 passes together across that back 4 (from their corner!!) with reputations of “nice” after each pass, followed by “love what i’m seeing here, ammers”

Funnily enough, he left at half time. As did about 10 people around us.

Whadddacant.
What did you do/he say when Palace scored?
Old 31-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
What did you do/he say when Palace scored?
Silence A few **** sakes here and there.

I was just looking over at the Palace fans, wishing i could somehow get over to em.

Ref was a wanker. Had to stop myself shaking my head every time Swarprick decided West Ham needed another free kick.
Old 31-01-2018, 10:43 PM

leslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineleslie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchipvcfc View Post
Think yourself lucky we only go there once a season imagine having to go threw that experience 20 odd times a season worse match experience that we go to would rather travel to Swansea or burnley then to that ground.
Swansea and Burnley are god days out, that place along with Brighton is an ordeal.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:23 AM
9.6 miles from Selhurst

dav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was confused why they had the holocaust tribute 15 mins before kick off when no-one outside seemed to realise they were doing it and still continued to make noise - don't most of those things happen when the players are out immediately before the game?
Old 02-02-2018, 11:48 PM
Gigi

Leap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeap of faith came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payney View Post
Yer the natural light in the concourse is lovely, So is the natural rain that manages to float down inside there too.

Agree regarding lower/upper tier.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:07 AM

Palace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Yankee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How much would a taxi be from the front rows to the pitch? It's a gulf of awful looking AstroTurf.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:14 AM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav434 View Post
I was confused why they had the holocaust tribute 15 mins before kick off when no-one outside seemed to realise they were doing it and still continued to make noise - don't most of those things happen when the players are out immediately before the game?
Holocaust tribute? This is West Ham not Lazio.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:48 PM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Uk athletics have announced the Athletics World Cup will take place in July this year so a lot of the seats will have to come out again in order to convert and expose the athletics track etc. I'm told that the conversion work (seats in/out, removing all the West-Ham logo stuff et al) might cost up to £8m. Got to wonder who foots the bill. The taxpayer ? ‏
Old 05-02-2018, 04:09 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Uk athletics have announced the Athletics World Cup will take place in July this year so a lot of the seats will have to come out again in order to convert and expose the athletics track etc. I'm told that the conversion work (seats in/out, removing all the West-Ham logo stuff et al) might cost up to £8m. Got to wonder who foots the bill. The taxpayer ? ‏
The seats have to come out every year regardless because of The Diamond League event , they have signed a 20 year agreement
Old 06-02-2018, 12:53 AM

Ian of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIan of Chatham : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post

Should West Ham get relegated this season, the taxpayer can save a bit of money. All they have to do is make sure West Ham’s last home game of the season is against Millwall and all of the seats can be removed for free.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:20 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
The seats have to come out every year regardless because of The Diamond League event , they have signed a 20 year agreement
The Diamond League event has also moved forward by a week. Presumably to get the stadium ready for the new football season.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:12 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Apparently Patrice Evra could be on his way to West Ham. He'll have a long way to run before he can kick someones head in there.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian of Chatham View Post
Should West Ham get relegated this season, the taxpayer can save a bit of money. All they have to do is make sure West Ham’s last home game of the season is against Millwall and all of the seats can be removed for free.
West Ham actually pay less rent if they get relegated, yet use it more! Ridiculous!
Old 06-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Haram!!!!

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
At taxpayers expense
Old 03-03-2018, 10:07 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gold getting some abuse today.

Think they will be ok looking at there remaining fixtures

Burnley

Manchester United

Southampton

Chelsea

Stoke City

Arsenal

Manchester City

Leicester City

Everton
Old 04-03-2018, 01:34 AM

Gazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is hereGazza2 Sam the man is here
Wembley looking to screw a much higher fee out of Chelsea if they want to play there while ground is rebuilt than they charged Spurs. As a result, Chelsea are looking at other options including the London stadium!
West Ham only hire the place for a certain number of match days per season. I don't think they are able to dictate what events take place there the rest of the time.
Hammers even had to pay an extra fee to use the stadium to announce hiring of Moyes!