Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 09-02-2018, 02:48 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There are scouts EVERYWHERE these days.

I think if you have obvious talent and are a stand out performer, you'll get spotted.
Old 09-02-2018, 03:12 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematt View Post
There are scouts EVERYWHERE these days.

I think if you have obvious talent and are a stand out performer, you'll get spotted.
Just not as many Palace as there are Brighton, Chelsea, Wimbledon and Fulham I am afraid
Old 09-02-2018, 03:24 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking's no1 View Post
My team has been invited to a futsal tournament in Swindon which will be the first one we've done. The players selected are the ones who can trap and pass a ball so looking forward to see how they cope.

A cynical tip for you...it is kick-ins rather than throw-ins as you may well know. The rule that you cannot score directly still applies - however, get whichever player on your team has the hardest shot to just go for goal from any kick-in from around the halfway line or nearer. The goalies generally forget about the rule and instinctively try to save them but often end up just palming the ball into their own net - or at worst spooning it out for rebound opportunities.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:56 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
They need to ensure they are constantly working and pressing. The boys score so many goals just by swarming all over the opposition.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
I'm a bit jaded by it all (as is my son at the world weary age of 15). He is now after many years far happier drinking a coffee from Costa, but won't touch the stuff they serve in Greggs, which is only good for sausage rolls apparently
EFA
Old 09-02-2018, 11:37 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
I've heard this from people. There's a football podcast I listen to and one of the guys on there was saying there was a lot of kids at 7 a side tournaments who were technically really good but they'd lost the joy of playing football in academies because it was more about fitness and organisation and developing into a "winner" rather just having fun and expressing yourself as a footballer.
Agree a long time work mate has her 15 yo grandson at Palace and while he loves it he wants to be just a kid too. I’ll ask how he’s getting on next week when I see her as she’ll be at work now. The family were gutted Palace scouted him as their hardcore Millwall and just loves wearing Palace clobber and going a few games. I’ve not once took the piss.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Does anyone know if the club are at the forefront of knowledge for motor skill developement in children? There are different windows where kids can learn various skills. Recalling from memory i think the most important window for coordination is around 10-12. If you miss it, then it puts real limits on what can be learned later. There are other windows for speed and power. It`s quite a science.
My daughter has taken up netball, she's ten, a good sport for developing coordination.

My son's mate Jake plays for Palace U 14's. Pretty sure he was spotted at one of those half term courses palace used to run. (Dunno if they still do). Must be quite good cos he's been picked for Ireland...
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:04 AM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If your kid plays for a successful amateur team scouts will know about it
If you think your kid is too good for the team they’re in, find a better one if that’s the direction you want them to go in
No harm in contacting scouts/clubs directly and saying come and look at my son/daughter
Old 10-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
If your kid plays for a successful amateur team scouts will know about it
If you think your kid is too good for the team they’re in, find a better one if that’s the direction you want them to go in
No harm in contacting scouts/clubs directly and saying come and look at my son/daughter
Always a fair few scouts at 6 a side tournaments that my boys team have taken part in.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.