Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
The Edge: Joe Barton Podcast

Anyone caught this yet?

He interviews various people about being successful.

I have only done the first two (Dyche/Campbell) but it's decent.

Obviously Barton is a rather complex and someehat smart chap but I think we knew this already.

New stuff for me:

Dyche is the real deal. Palace will rue pissing him off so much. He will get a big job and be great. He is exactly who England need as a manager. Totally gets people and how to motivate him.

Barton repeated that story about Warnock's wife having a dream about a player scoring and Warnock putting him in the team. Does that mean it's actual fact? Does that mean some of the other Warnock stories are true?

Anyways, check it out.
Old 15-02-2018, 03:36 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Thanks for the heads up. Listened to Dyche interview - really fascinating. Interesting that he’s worked with Ray Lewington before, so who knows, might finally end up as Roy’s successor.

Found interesting that Dyche does psychological profiles on players when they first arrive so he knows how to best man manage them. Also likes to have coaches around him that think differently to him and so makes him see thinks he may not have thought of. Take note Pardew! Surrounding yourself with yes men doesn’t make you a better manager.

The only down side of the pod i’d say is Joey needs to learn when to shut up. Sometimes Dyche would be on a really interesting train of thought and Joey would jump in and break the flow with something he wanted to say.

The surprising thing about the Warnock/wife/dream story is that the player she dreamt about did actually score the winner.
Old 15-02-2018, 05:29 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Listened to Dyche interview - really fascinating. Interesting that he’s worked with Ray Lewington before, so who knows, might finally end up as Roy’s successor.

Found interesting that Dyche does psychological profiles on players when they first arrive so he knows how to best man manage them. Also likes to have coaches around him that think differently to him and so makes him see thinks he may not have thought of. Take note Pardew! Surrounding yourself with yes men doesn’t make you a better manager.

The only down side of the pod i’d say is Joey needs to learn when to shut up. Sometimes Dyche would be on a really interesting train of thought and Joey would jump in and break the flow with something he wanted to say.

The surprising thing about the Warnock/wife/dream story is that the player she dreamt about did actually score the winner.
We could dream, sadly however I think that one has sailed.

Clinton Morrison
Old 15-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

This is typical of so many podcasts (the Russell Brand one comes to mind) - hosts constantly trying to butt in and ruining the flow of a good guest.
Old 15-02-2018, 09:04 AM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
We could dream, sadly however I think that one has sailed.
Really? No wins in ten games, bottom of the form table. Could be out of a job in the summer.
Old 15-02-2018, 09:17 AM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
There’s a reason Dyche didn’t get the job with us and won’t get a big job, unless he happens across a club with a chairman with the same belief systems as him. A clue is in his starting 11 against us this season.
Old 15-02-2018, 11:32 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
Really? No wins in ten games, bottom of the form table. Could be out of a job in the summer.
Burnley won't sack Dyche for as long as I have an hole in my arse. Not forgetting the games he's had where he's got draws against Man United and Man City. They're still sitting comfortably even after losing their talisman Gray.

Clinton Morrison
Old 15-02-2018, 11:46 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
The Edge: Joe Barton Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
There’s a reason Dyche didn’t get the job with us and won’t get a big job, unless he happens across a club with a chairman with the same belief systems as him. A clue is in his starting 11 against us this season.

?

Why do people hint at stuff... just say what you think.... unless of course you’re gutless and just wanna hide behind insinuations
Old 15-02-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
?

Why do people hint at stuff... just say what you think.... unless of course you’re gutless and just wanna hide behind insinuations
Yep, absolutely pathetic.

Clinton Morrison
Old 15-02-2018, 12:21 PM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
I am assuming he is talking about the Burnley 11 all being white?
"Every time a new player comes to the club I always try to make them understand what it means to play for Crystal Palace. It's a place unlike other clubs, the fans they're just incredible and I want them to understand that. It's part of my job as a senior player to make sure they know what it is and the passion behind it." - Speroni
Old 15-02-2018, 02:42 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I am assuming he is talking about the Burnley 11 all being white?
He must be a racist then! Or is it just a coincidence.... Maybe creating a team of gingers was beyond him.
Old 15-02-2018, 03:11 PM

Billy Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Havnt they just bought Aaron Lennon??
Old 15-02-2018, 03:13 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
?

No point bubbling yourself when the good folk of the BBS are there pronto to decipher things for you.
Old 15-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
So,was Steve Coppell racist towards whites....he had an almost all black team?

Mind you...To view the link you have to Register or Login

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 15-02-2018, 04:07 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
He wanted to come here by all accounts, but we went with FdB instead.
Old 15-02-2018, 04:09 PM
sleep chaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Gilbert View Post
Havnt they just bought Aaron Lennon??
...and Nkoudou on loan from Spurs.
Old 15-02-2018, 04:13 PM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Noades?
Old 15-02-2018, 04:26 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
You mean a team of cloggers? True, I think Parish is too flash for that.
Old 16-02-2018, 06:34 PM

big bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is herebig bad John Sam the man is here
Quote:

Found interesting that Dyche does psychological profiles on players .
So why on earth did he sign Barton?
Old 16-02-2018, 07:23 PM

Braders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is hereBraders Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
So why on earth did he sign Barton?
Well it was the right decision as he done well there.