Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 16-02-2018, 07:35 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
So why on earth did he sign Barton?
Dyche said once he’d had a good conversation with him about all his issues he was happy and didn’t have a problem with him. Think he said he was surprised no other manager had done that with him before.
Old 16-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Why don't you listen to the podcast and find out
Old 16-02-2018, 08:43 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Cheers for the heads up Dave.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 16-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Die adler

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Yep. Excellent.
Old 16-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Listened to the Campbell one last night, he is very open with his “demons” etc. Would recommend following the Dyche one
Old 16-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Block U

Happy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is hereHappy Arthur Sam the man is here
Dyche is the real deal. Well apart from his away record.
Old 16-02-2018, 08:58 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
I am assuming he is talking about the Burnley 11 all being white?
Jesus
This is still doing the rounds is it?
We all know the stats.
Dyche is a English manager doing well , who in any other country would be applauded , yet sadly in England, those who don’t attend games think they are involved in a vice tv documentary and try and label him as something he isn’t.
Old 16-02-2018, 09:06 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Dyche said once he’d had a good conversation with him about all his issues he was happy and didn’t have a problem with him. Think he said he was surprised no other manager had done that with him before.
What an absolute genius manager he is.
Old 17-02-2018, 01:05 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A pod hosted by Barton? That just sounds awful
Old 17-02-2018, 07:09 AM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Because he was a honky, apparently.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 17-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

The surprising thing about the Warnock/wife/dream story is that the player she dreamt about did actually score the winner.
If I used a similar strategy, we'd have Alicia Silerstone and Liv Tyler in a front three every game, re-enacting that Aerosmith video with Katy Perry holding the camcorder, dressed as a sexy marshmallow in tube socks.
Old 17-02-2018, 12:44 PM

cockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is herecockles Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmean View Post
A pod hosted by Barton? That just sounds awful
Perhaps, but there's an irony to it sounding awful to someone who has not listened.
Old 17-02-2018, 01:33 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
We could dream, sadly however I think that one has sailed.
Haven't we blown him out twice now anyway?
Old 17-02-2018, 02:34 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
What an absolute genius manager he is.
'Genius?' Put an emphasis on player fitness, hoof it to the big men, and play dirty to stop the opposition's players more talented than you own? Dyche is a good manager but nothing about how he sets up Burnley seems 'genius,' he's just a better and much more likeable Pulis. You have to admire how far he's taken a very limited squad, but the fact that football as primitive as Burnley's can thrive in the Premier League is a damning indictment on how far behind other countries we are.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 17-02-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 17-02-2018, 03:05 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
'Genius?' Put an emphasis on player fitness, hoof it to the big men, and play dirty to stop the opposition's players more talented than you own? Dyche is a good manager but nothing about how he sets up Burnley seems 'genius,' he's just a better and much more likeable Pulis. You have to admire how far he's taken a very limited squad, but the fact that football as primitive as Burnley's can thrive in the Premier League is a damning indictment on how far behind other countries we are.
He has limited players, and has used his tactical nous to make a group of less talented players out-perform far better teams.
He has learned from his first season in the Prem. I'd have him here in a heartbeat.
Old 17-02-2018, 03:32 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
He has limited players, and has used his tactical nous to make a group of less talented players out-perform far better teams.
He has learned from his first season in the Prem. I'd have him here in a heartbeat.
I think the vast majority of our fanbase would love him here, including me. You don’t need to be a managerial ‘genius’ to be the Crystal Palace manager though.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 17-02-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 17-02-2018, 05:26 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
I think the vast majority of our fanbase would love him here, including me. You don’t need to be a managerial ‘genius’ to be the Crystal Palace manager though.

I think you’ve been whooshed” by Hulkster’s genius comment. He thinks Dyche is a racist.

I think he’s a great manager that improves average players. I’d give my left nut to have him here.
Old 20-02-2018, 03:47 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Just finished listening to the Alistair Campbell interview. Whatever you think of him as a political influence, I always find him an interesting listen.

But again found myself cringing away at Joey. He’s like a 12 year old who’s just read a few books on self help and politics and thinks he can match it in a discussion with intelligent, worldly adults. He kept making really childish and immature comparisons between politics and football. I actually think there’s a bit of narcissism in his make up as he seems to drag every conversation back to himself in a really basic way, annoyingly, when the person he’s talking to is actually on a very interesting train of thought - bare in mind he’s the interviewer here.

There was one particularly cringeworthy bit when Campbell was talking about his fight with depression and detailing a particularly harrowing episode and said it helped him to cry. Barton then asked him what type of crying! It was almost Alan Partridge.

The guy obviously has the gift of the gab and i have to say, I enjoy his confrontational nature, but cognitively, despite thinking otherwise, he is an intellectual Pygmy. Hearing him talking to someone like Campbell is painfully embarrassing because he really cannot comprehend the gulf in experience and knowledge between himself and someone like that and comes at it like they are intellectual equals.

Last edited by bubbs11; 20-02-2018 at 03:49 AM.
Old 20-02-2018, 08:00 AM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Was sarcasm.
Old 20-02-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
I think you’ve been whooshed” by Hulkster’s genius comment. He thinks Dyche is a racist.

I think he’s a great manager that improves average players. I’d give my left nut to have him here.
Modern day Curbishley.