Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 28-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Is that not because they were the two strongest teams?
So youre saying that no other player in any other team, was worthy of a cap?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-02-2018, 06:17 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can literally name about two Slovenian players ever. One of them is Jan Oblak.
I hope the other is Amir Karic. The only others I can think of are Zahovic and that goalie who plays in Italy.
Old 28-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
I hope the other is Amir Karic. The only others I can think of are Zahovic and that goalie who plays in Italy.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 28-02-2018, 06:27 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Handanovic. I’d be surprised if Latvian Eagle hasn’t heard of Kevin Kampl, considering he played for the team in his avatar until recently. Ilicic or however you spell it in Italy is good too, from there I’m out though.
Old 28-02-2018, 06:29 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Handanovic is the keeper I was thinking of. The only other one whose name I recognise is Robert Koren off of West Brom.
Old 28-02-2018, 06:36 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Zahovič was yer man who was at the airport with Roy Keane during the Japan/S. Korea world cup waiting for an early flight home after they left their respective squads.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
How did I forget Handanovic?! Whoops!

Zlatko Zahovic was indeed the other one.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Handanovic. I’d be surprised if Latvian Eagle hasn’t heard of Kevin Kampl, considering he played for the team in his avatar until recently. Ilicic or however you spell it in Italy is good too, from there I’m out though.
Rather embarrassingly I thought Kevin Kampl was German. I have learnt something new today.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Unfortunately I can never forget Amir Karic possibly the worst player to ever wear a Palace shirt in my time. Newbies and youngsters will never understand quite how shit he was. I just remember his last game where he got pulled either at half time or before it he took a corner over in the corner between the AW and Holmesdale and proceeded to kick to straight out of play, not even reaching the near post. It was really quite extraordinary.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:06 PM

hulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is herehulkster Sam the man is here
What about poor old Macedonia. Never gets a mention.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkster View Post
What about poor old Macedonia. Never gets a mention.
Only team as I said in an earlier post not to qualify for a major tournament now (excluding Kosovo who have only had one qualification campaign so far).

Last edited by Latvian Eagle; 28-02-2018 at 07:21 PM.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:33 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Zahovič was yer man who was at the airport with Roy Keane during the Japan/S. Korea world cup waiting for an early flight home after they left their respective squads.
I'd completely forgotten that he's had a "paddy" as well. He was an effing nutjob.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:36 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Rather embarrassingly I thought Kevin Kampl was German.
I didn't know he was German either, but I remember him playing for Arsenal, Forest, Everton & West Brom.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
I'd completely forgotten that he's had a "paddy" as well. He was an effing nutjob.
For such a "star" player looking at his career, 350 games in 20 seasons really isn't a lot. Works out about 17.5 games per season.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
We both lost our best players but Slovenia went on to lose their 3 group games whereas Ireland should have gone on to win the whole competition.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:40 PM
Up the Palace!!!

There was a lot of dodgy shit going on in that World Cup. I remember Ireland should have beat Spain. Then both Italy and Spain got cheated against South Korea.

Very weird tournament.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
For such a "star" player looking at his career, 350 games in 20 seasons really isn't a lot. Works out about 17.5 games per season.
He was the main goal threat for Slovenia though. I think he was their top scorer when they qualified undefeated for the 2002 World Cup.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Not bad for a midfielder.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
There was a lot of dodgy shit going on in that World Cup. I remember Ireland should have beat Spain. Then both Italy and Spain got cheated against South Korea.

Very weird tournament.
Leaving Morrison on the bench against Spain was a huge error. Connolly, who came on instead, went on to miss a penalty in the shoot-out.
Old 28-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Up the Palace!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Leaving Morrison on the bench against Spain was a huge error. Connolly, who came on instead, went on to miss a penalty in the shoot-out.
Yup. I remember being disappointed. Not sure Clinton got on in the whole tournament did he?