Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

View Poll Results: Pull out of the World cup?
Yes 81 44.26%
No 77 42.08%
Moo 25 13.66%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-03-2018, 09:09 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Great thread for the ignore list. Cheers to the OP

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 13-03-2018, 09:18 PM

leicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is here
Talking to an English mate today who knocks about with the Moscow football mob...he says as far as his mates are concerned our lot including the Leicester lad badly beaten are welcome over their for the world cup.....as much as I always get excited and look forward to the world cup I'd withdraw the team......and pull out of Quatar.......both tournaments have been a sham in being awarded to countries wrongly....
Old 14-03-2018, 02:02 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Russia in not a horrible country, it is a great country run by a mafia gang.
When the Russians suss a defector/traitor, they still apply the old medicine - a death sentence.
When the UK suss one, we give him a knighthood and make him master of the queens pictures, or celebrate him in a bunch of fawning films and memorials, as a "sophisticated and clever lad" (Philby).
I guess it's a cultural difference.
Old 14-03-2018, 02:31 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
At least no Ministers or Royals are going---Tell them Willie boy aint here nor fat useless Boris, so that's a bonus.
Old 14-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Someone on twitter (I know, I know) reckons Russia will respond to the UK sanctions and expulsions of diplomats, and will block the England squad from entering Russia and suspend/block visas for any travelling British fans for the World Cup. Sounds like BS, but I guess we will see.
Old 14-03-2018, 02:36 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumpy View Post
Someone on twitter (I know, I know) reckons Russia will respond to the UK sanctions and expulsions of diplomats, and will block the England squad from entering Russia and suspend/block visas for any travelling British fans for the World Cup. Sounds like BS, but I guess we will see.
That would actually quite amuse me if true mainly because FIFA are very clear about political involvement in football matters. If they try to stop our team competing for political reasons they would be in BIG trouble!

Wouldn't be surprised if they even threatened to move the tournament.
Old 14-03-2018, 02:38 PM
Afferte mihi cervisiam

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
That would actually quite amuse me if true mainly because FIFA are very clear about political involvement in football matters. If they try to stop our team competing for political reasons they would be in BIG trouble!

Wouldn't be surprised if they even threatened to move the tournament.
True. They may not block the team for that exact reason, but they could cancel all the visas of travelling British fans and just state it is down to "security concerns"?

Last edited by Scrumpy; 14-03-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 14-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Wonderboy

Dan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDan Dare came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Could we give them a list of specific players to block their visas?

Tenacious D
Old 14-03-2018, 03:15 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Old 14-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Morally, there are good reasons to boycott both Russia and Qatar World Cups. With Russia, even before the Salisbury case, there was Crimea and Ukraine, and suspected dodgy voting by Fifa with the awards. It would only really be effective if a whole group of countries joined together, and it's hard to see that happening at the moment. Qatar might be interesting I suppose.
Not to mention all the stuff around euro16 for example:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-03-2018, 10:30 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:

They can’t block the England team. This would bring their role as hosts into disrepute.

They can make life difficult for supporters though and it’s also likely to incite hooliganism. As if this wasn’t already a problem.
Old 16-03-2018, 03:13 AM
thanks for coming

laggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaggin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
surely not. doing so would be a victory for Russia
Old 16-03-2018, 04:36 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
The needn’t bother. Just wait 10 days into the tournament and let nature take its course.
Old 16-03-2018, 05:53 AM

audreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is hereaudreytatou Sam the man is here
of course not it will all be perfectly fine....just avoid the pizza and parkbenches!
Old 16-03-2018, 08:08 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
True. They may not block the team for that exact reason, but they could cancel all the visas of travelling British fans and just state it is down to "security concerns"?
Not sure Russian will want to discourage any fans from coming to Russia, I'd imagine they're already concerned about ticket sales, read yesterday England have sold less than 10,000 for the opening game against Tunisia, TBH I'm surprised we've sold that many.
Old 16-03-2018, 08:21 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Sorry to upset Elgin, but weren’t there rumours that the Russian hooligans in France a couple of year ago were effectively ‘state-sponsored’? Ie they had their travel arranged and paid for by Russian authorities.

If there’s any truth in that at all, can you imagine what it will be like in their own back garden?!
Old 16-03-2018, 08:25 AM

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Surely the Russian hooligans will be advised to stay quiet during the world cup if they want to stay alive. After that they can duff up as many gays and blacks as they want.
Old 16-03-2018, 08:31 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Well yeah, I get the feeling the best thing to do for a lot of Russians is drink as much cheap, high % alcohol as possible and then punch each other in the face repeatedly.

with a bit of luck you can work yourself into an early grave.
Old 16-03-2018, 08:33 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
A friend of a friend worked in Moscow for a bit, a few years ago. Apparently they have a toast before every meeting and down a shot of vodka. It sounds like fun to me but this bloke reckons that the whole place is effectively riddled with alcoholism.

I guess it helps with the cold?
Old 16-03-2018, 08:37 AM
BTC

Far East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is hereFar East Eagle Sam the man is here
There is a school of thought that Gorbachev's campaign to tackle alcholism actually led to the fall of the USSR.

You can take my bottle of vodka - out my cold, dead hands!