Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 18-03-2017, 01:04 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Which Shortlands place does Dave mean?
Old 18-03-2017, 01:05 AM

StonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStonePenge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm presuming on the backside of the station near the Shortlands Tavern. There was a grocers next door - Harris I think.
Old 18-03-2017, 01:10 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
That's gone now, i'm pretty sure. There's a kebab place. I wonder if he means the new pop-up jobbie in the train station car park.

The main drag running through Shortlands is pretty shocking all in all.

Keep meaning to try the Indian round the back though. Simply because it's called Shortland's Tandoori
Old 18-03-2017, 01:37 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYEAGLE View Post
Wickham Bay West Wickham do have Scallops on their eat in menu with mushy peas. Of course Northerners would not know what a real scallop was.
pot Fritters I used to like the spam fritters the chippies used to do.

At the mom Wickham Bay must be the best take away F a C shop around. As mentioned a bit more expensive,but hardly a problem for Tycoons like Dave.

Best eat in Indians for me Indian Diner West Wick,followed by Inaga Coney Hall. Ate at Amber several times. Okay,but not as good as those two imo.
Cheers mate did promise young orp Mac d if we won but sod that she can have scallops. There's another scallop
Ps is the shop in the high street? Cheers in advance

Last edited by orp pisshead1; 18-03-2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old 18-03-2017, 01:38 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
used to have them at school instead of chips sometimes (in south london), but they wernt really battered they were just flat round chips
They wasn't scallops then.
Old 18-03-2017, 01:57 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonePenge View Post
I'm presuming on the backside of the station near the Shortlands Tavern. There was a grocers next door - Harris I think.
That's the one... was still there a couple of years ago.

A guy who played on our Sunday League team and his Dad owned it in the 70's.... Name total escapes me at this time.
Old 18-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
That's a shame - used to be good. Lines out the door good.

Got taken over a few years ago
Old 18-03-2017, 06:44 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Which Shortlands place does Dave mean?

The one opposite the oakhill - by the Chinese
Old 18-03-2017, 07:08 AM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I was rather ill after eating some food from there a few years ago and haven't been back since.

I used to frequent the one that is no more near the Shortlands Tavern with my old man back in the 80's. He would always order skate so that we "had" to go and sit in the pub whilst they cooked it fresh...

I'd say Big Catch is probably the best of those I've tried currently in Beckenham, the fish is usually cooked fresh but it can be slow when it's busy.
Old 18-03-2017, 09:54 AM
moving forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Ah right the Tom Bell one. I always thought that area still came under Beckenham.
Old 18-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
I was rather ill after eating some food from there a few years ago and haven't been back since.

I used to frequent the one that is no more near the Shortlands Tavern with my old man back in the 80's. He would always order skate so that we "had" to go and sit in the pub whilst they cooked it fresh...

I'd say Big Catch is probably the best of those I've tried currently in Beckenham, the fish is usually cooked fresh but it can be slow when it's busy.

I had haddock a few times and was really poor. Like the oil wasn't hot enough. Crazy grease.

Might try again
Old 18-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Ah right the Tom Bell one. I always thought that area still came under Beckenham.

Yeah - maybe right
Old 18-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On best takeaways I am enjoying my dhansaks and stuff from the India Village Take Away in Chilham Way Hayes. Consistently very good quality across the board.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 18-03-2017, 12:01 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Gurkhas restaurant in Sydenham is great , They deliver to beckenham as well .

Last edited by thereichstuff; 18-03-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:03 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Kathmandu Masala i think it's called on The Croydon road? It's tasty as anything, really good varied menu, Indian and Nepalese too
Old 18-03-2017, 12:05 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
But it's really pricey, but worth it once in a while
Old 18-03-2017, 12:17 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown View Post
The Big Catch in Beckenham High Street is the best fish and chips around.
Never had better fish anywhere without being at the seaside!
I would say the same about El Supremo. So good it's a real treat.
Old 18-03-2017, 12:21 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
If you're around Elmers End/Eden Park, The Amber Fort.
Old 19-03-2017, 01:41 PM
You really are a fat ****

BlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBlazeRIP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yasmin, Bromley Common really top notch. One of the best lamb Nagas i have ever had.Consistently good food .
Old 20-03-2017, 02:05 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
That's the one... was still there a couple of years ago.

A guy who played on our Sunday League team and his Dad owned it in the 70's.... Name total escapes me at this time.
Well 35 years ago! It was the Bond family (Peter and Audrey). Son Ian was the son who was on our team.