Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-09-2018, 07:11 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Warn8ng for diesel car owners

Firstly I know little more about my car than I start it and it works and if it doesnít I call the AA or garage.

I have a 2011 Cmax that I bought with 18k and now has 118k onit great car reliable serviced once a year etc. A couple 9f weeks ago it broke down got towed home and then taken to the garage to be fixed (garage owned by friends) two of te injectors had faults and needed to be replaced £800. At the same time my van 2013 60k miles broke down and again had the same problem but with only one injector. We have waited over a week for the part f9r te van and still donít have it.

My friend who owns te garage has said that this is happening more and more often he even had a diesel with 25k that had the problem and the fact that the parts are delayed is evidence to this. Apparently this is due to te 30% of rapeseed oil in UK diesel and the injectors canít deal with it.

He has given me an additive called 245 and he has said that this being out 8n every 10k will stop this from happening.

I hope this can help someone
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 28-09-2018, 07:25 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdisco mixx kidd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And vw fix fail, awful
Old 28-09-2018, 07:25 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pretty sure most diesel engines are now produced by Peugeot which goes some way to explaining why they are a sack of shit.
Old 28-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
The van is a vw caddy
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Old 28-09-2018, 07:53 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Pretty sure most diesel engines are now produced by Peugeot which goes some way to explaining why they are a sack of shit.
Yes for Ford and Volvo plus some other French cars. Fiat also produce diesel engines for Vauxhall and others. The rest are VAG I imagine.

It's worth looking at where you fill up. I tend to avoid supermarket fuel because it's cheaper for a reason. Does the OP use Tesco regularly?

My local is a Gulf so I would imagine the source is crude.
Old 28-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Yes for Ford and Volvo plus some other French cars. Fiat also produce diesel engines for Vauxhall and others. The rest are VAG I imagine.

It's worth looking at where you fill up. I tend to avoid supermarket fuel because it's cheaper for a reason. Does the OP use Tesco regularly?

My local is a Gulf so I would imagine the source is crude.
It's all the same fuel, just different additives.
Old 28-09-2018, 07:56 AM
Concession/Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
The van is a vw caddy
If it's the 1.6 then the engines on them are a pile of cack, I have a 1.6 Golf Bluemotion with the same engine, saying that, I must have got lucky as it's on 194k
Old 28-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

I do use tesco but thought tesco was essential fuel I have in the last 6 months been using asda for say one in three tanks. The garage said it makes little difference unless you use the premium fuel but I know I get less miles from asda than say shell diesel plus or whatever it is called

Old 28-09-2018, 08:04 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
It's all the same fuel, just different additives.
From my meagre experience in this field, this is true. Sane refinery uses the same base fuel/oil and blends it into their product with various additives to a recipe provided by the vendor
Old 28-09-2018, 08:06 AM
Concession/Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I do use tesco but thought tesco was essential fuel I have in the last 6 months been using asda for say one in three tanks. The garage said it makes little difference unless you use the premium fuel but I know I get less miles from asda than say shell diesel plus or whatever it is called
Just fill it with a tank of premium every now and then, not a fan of all these additives personally however I am no mechanic. Best diesel engines were the old D Turbo units in the old Pug 306's 405's etc, you could run them on veg oil with a bosch diesel pumps and some of them would hit close to 500k! They don't make em like they used too!
Old 28-09-2018, 08:07 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Interesting thread, I have just bought a diesel vehicle. I wonder if using Premium might reduce the potential for a problem?
Old 28-09-2018, 08:09 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Just fill it with a tank of premium every now and then, not a fan of all these additives personally however I am no mechanic. Best diesel engines were the old D Turbo units in the old Pug 306's 405's etc, you could run them on veg oil with a bosch diesel pumps and some of them would hit close to 500k! They don't make em like they used too!
What is the actual difference with the Premium, 9F9?
Old 28-09-2018, 08:23 AM
Concession/Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
What is the actual difference with the Premium, 9F9?
Higher RON rating, I mainly used it when I had a Leon Cupra R, turbo's preform so much better as it's just a cleaner more efficient burning fuel I think! I only have a limited knowledge however I do believe that it works.
Old 28-09-2018, 08:36 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
My 2006 Diesel with just over £100K on the clock VAG engine no problems just passed MOT and service and use standard Tesco fuel the majority of the time. Diesels need a nice long clean out or hard driving on a regular basis.

SaulAlinsky
Old 28-09-2018, 04:49 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
My 2006 Diesel with just over £100K on the clock VAG engine no problems just passed MOT and service and use standard Tesco fuel the majority of the time. Diesels need a nice long clean out or hard driving on a regular basis.
My mileage is 80% motorway 32k last year its 9ne of those problems that just happens I had no warning was only serviced in june

Old 28-09-2018, 08:17 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
So does my w

*click*

NO CARRIER
Old 29-09-2018, 05:45 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
I think the bigger issue for owners of diesel cars is the new MOT testing that will fail a car for visible black smoke and the coming bans in urban areas. Also VW should really have been taken to the courts by the government for tax fraud on a massive scale. Most other governments have done this, I wonder why ours hasn't.
Old 30-09-2018, 07:10 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The problem with targeting diesel owners, I am not convinced anyone has thought about people like me with significant personal loans to pay off, taken out at a time when the government was still saying diesel was better than petrol.
Now we will be charged in urban areas, more road tax, and stricter MOT :-/