Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
You chaps who have just got deals. Do you get insurance for your phones and does it offer 24 hour replacement? If so, how much?
No idea, need to get mine on my house insurance

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:50 AM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Only had it a couple of hours. Great phone. Very happy with it so far.
Good to hear, I was tempted by it myself but I'm going to wait to see what the Nokia 9 offers.

Am I right in thinking the Honor 9 is dual SIM?
Old 06-10-2017, 12:36 PM

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle101 View Post
Good to hear, I was tempted by it myself but I'm going to wait to see what the Nokia 9 offers.

Am I right in thinking the Honor 9 is dual SIM?
Yeah it is. But bear in mind.. If you use the tray for two SIM cards you can't put a memory card in. The tray can either be used for a SIM and a memory card, or two SIM cards.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:11 AM

Had the phone a while now and very pleased with it. Fingerprint scanner is insanely fast. Phone itself is so much faster than what I was used to, although to be fair I hadn't upgraded in a few years and was using an HTC One M8. Had to buy a case for it as the glass back makes the phone very slippery. Have installed Nova launcher which makes the phone even better IMO.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRDSdaEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You chaps who have just got deals. Do you get insurance for your phones and does it offer 24 hour replacement? If so, how much?
I get my insurance through Nationwide as part of their added benefits account. Includes breakdown cover and travel insurance, too.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:40 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
I get my insurance through Nationwide as part of their added benefits account. Includes breakdown cover and travel insurance, too.
Same here it's going up to £12 a month soon
Old 11-10-2017, 10:21 AM

ChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChiswickEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone have the Blackberry KEYone? Would welcome views.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSdaEAGLE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
Same here it's going up to £12 a month soon
Cheers chaps. Does that come with 24 hour replacement? i.e. if you have a problem do you get a new phone delivered the next day?

In fact, does anyone else have this service or just me? It's kinda keeping me in a deal I might otherwise leave ...
Old 11-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
So you really not have an old phone kicking around that you could use in case you actually needed one and disn’t take the 24 the replacement coverage.

FWIW I don’t have any phone insurance at all.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:25 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
Google just announced the Pixel 2, To view the link you have to Register or Login seems like a really good phone, if I wasn't moving to iphone I'd be all over this.
loosing the headphone jack. lost to me.

SaulAlinsky
Old 12-10-2017, 10:41 AM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Especially after taking the piss out of Apple last year.
Old 12-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
So you really not have an old phone kicking around that you could use in case you actually needed one and disnít take the 24 the replacement coverage.

FWIW I donít have any phone insurance at all.
No, I don't as I've always had the replacement service insurance, and the last time I changed phones was 5 years ago!! (Hence the questioning, my often replaced but still five year old phone is getting a bit silly now).
Old 12-10-2017, 12:44 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Cheers chaps. Does that come with 24 hour replacement? i.e. if you have a problem do you get a new phone delivered the next day?

In fact, does anyone else have this service or just me? It's kinda keeping me in a deal I might otherwise leave ...
No it doesn't have the 24 hour replacement. We have the account and have used the insurance. Had to send the damaged phone to a repair centre. They then sent a new replacement but took a few days. Didn't mind as had a spare and it is an additional benefit for account holders. We got the account for its high interest rate and inclusive travel insurance.
Old 13-10-2017, 08:03 PM

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Especially after taking the piss out of Apple last year.
how many phone manufactures took the rise out of Apple sealing't battery in?
Old 14-10-2017, 05:35 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
In the third world here - and relative economies permitting, just got a Samsung Galaxy J5 for 90 quid. I am thinking that is a good price for the kit.