Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-08-2017, 04:30 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Physically harming yourselves following Palace.

As yesterday again proves there is a lot of scope for mental anguish following our beloved team.

But lets have some stories of accidents that have happened to you over the years supporting the Palace. Accidents in bundles, seats etc.. Not getting ambushed by hoolies for example.

I'll start:

On one of the occasions playing Millwall at home I fractured my thumb. The neanderthalls were doing the usual trick of smashing up our seats and flinging them over to the Holmesdale. I was standing on the back row of the Holmesdale Uper and threw my hand up in disgust, connecting with the supporting metal bar that runs along the bag. My mates groaned inwardly as they knew that must have hurt.
Old 13-08-2017, 05:03 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Not that I can remember.....

Although...At Peterborough away the year we got promoted, I was on crutches having broken my leg a few months before. When KG scored the winner, I ran off celebrating and forgot to bring my crutches with me. It probably hurt, can't remember, but I can remember that I was too delirious to care at the time
Old 13-08-2017, 05:05 PM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When Shipperely scored at the millennium stadium I rolled down about 10 rows in front. Lots of bruises and a rather large dent in my pride.
Old 13-08-2017, 05:07 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I cut my hand in various places grabbing on to a tube light that shattered on the way to the Sheff Utd play off. I was patched up in the police box. Luckily my mate was a Palace supporting Brighton copper so he just flashed his badge and I wasn't labelled as some kind of troublemaker.
Old 13-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Bring Back the Evil Sash

Chas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When we lost 3-0 to Watfor in the playoff semi, I accidentally tipped over a glass on the bar, but I was so angry that I didn't pick it back up straight away.
Old 13-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
League Cup semi Final at Arsenal - end of the game, walking back to Arsenal tube station in the road, bad enough evening already, and got my foot trodden on by a police horse.

Really hurt, had a bruise for several weeks.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 13-08-2017, 06:08 PM
The hero of Shadow Moses?

Levski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLevski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace vs Wolves, 1996 or so? We went 0-2 down, but got back to 2-2 in a really good comeback in the 2nd half. Went mad celebrating the equalizer (Dyer) and managed to badly scrape and cut my shin on a seat ahead of me. Struggled a lot walking for a couple of days! Girlfriend asked me why my leg was so bruised and cut and I said 'football injury'. Didn't think I'd need shin pads for watching football! And we lost the sodding game 2-3....
Old 13-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for youNRM the 2nd is just too good for you
Geoff Thomas with their winner. Still got them back in the play offs
Old 13-08-2017, 06:17 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
I ended up down a&e after the Man United cup final last year. Kicked a wall outside, not good. Didn't feel the pain until the next morning.
Old 13-08-2017, 06:22 PM

lucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelucky_181 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yeah i slashed my wrists after watching Palace lose three fking nil to Huddersfield
Old 13-08-2017, 07:53 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
In 1980 or was it 1981 final game of the season I went to Man C game with my Man C mates at Main Rd (I was living in Manchester at the time). I was in the Kippax but when we scored totally forgot where I was and was the lone person jumping up to celebrate. Came crashing down and tumbled down a few steps and thought oh shit I am done for. All I got was a chant of 'there's only one Cockley bastard' from my mates which others seemed to join in with. They were in the FA cup final the following week and we were already relegated so the mood around the place was laid back which probably meant my presence amongst them did not cause an issue.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 13-08-2017, 08:03 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
I have felt like self harming.
Old 13-08-2017, 08:07 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I let my eyes burn I rest my gaze upon the Selhurst pitch and its lurid marketing surround.
Old 13-08-2017, 08:09 PM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
I think choosing to follow palace is like self harm in itself but i wouldn't have it any other way.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 13-08-2017, 08:13 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb1 View Post
I think choosing to follow palace is like self harm in itself but i wouldn't have it any other way.
True, very true.
Old 13-08-2017, 08:13 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Don't worry everyone, it's Monday tomorrow.
Old 13-08-2017, 09:19 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLombardarian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Don't worry everyone, it's Monday tomorrow.
Sadly for me, Monday won't save me this time - I probably work with one of the few Huddersfield fans in Sutton!
Old 14-08-2017, 02:25 AM

It will hurt until Tuesday/Wednesday. Come Thursday we'll start to delude ourselves that we'll beat Liverpool again. Every week is the same.
Old 14-08-2017, 05:55 AM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fell down the steps of the Main Stand onto the concourse below when Mark Bright scored the goal in the 1-0 win against Liverpool early 90s.Landed on my neck but luckily was like the Indian Rubber Man after all the beer we'd drunk and walked away unscathed much to the amazement of the St Johns Ambulance men who rushed to help.In agony the next morning though and couldn't turn my head for a week.....
Old 14-08-2017, 06:11 AM

BarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBarcaPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Punched a metal bar in the holmesdale concourse after losing 2-3 at home to Portsmouth after being 2-0 up about 15 years or so ago. Sprained my wrist like a muppet.