Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Betting

Notices

World of Betting Betting forum. Please bet responsibly: gambleaware.co.uk

Old 10-08-2018, 12:10 PM

DHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Football Index

Couldn't see a thread on this already - To view the link you have to Register or Login

Who's on it? Fun little thing to do I've found - getting interesting with the season coming up.

Anyone interested in getting started, hit this link, and you and I both get a free tenner : To view the link you have to Register or Login

Keen to discuss trading strategies etc and happy to explain how it works to anyone! There's lots of good material on YouTube (Football Index Guide) and Twitter (just about everyone seems to want to tweet about their progress).

They've just put together a TV ad using Motty's voice and a deal with SkySports I believe, so you're likely to start seeing much more of it soon!
Old 11-08-2018, 12:03 PM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was gonna start a thread on this the other day but it slipped my mind!

I'm getting on it this season after a few months of lurking and research. There's a 500 risk free offer for 7 days at the moment so waiting until after the first round of Premier League fixtures before finally deciding where to put my money. Will withdraw all after 6 days and then start with about 50.

It could have been better.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:05 PM

Finbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFinbar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Yeah this does look interesting, might take a look at the risk free promo

AWB's stock surely on the rise (assuming he's quoted of course)
Old 13-08-2018, 09:57 AM

DHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDHeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
Yeah this does look interesting, might take a look at the risk free promo

AWB's stock surely on the rise (assuming he's quoted of course)
He was one of the first names I looked for when I started at the end of May. Criminal that he isn't currently on there, when they IPO'd a load of dross from Fulham and Cardiff last week!
Old 16-08-2018, 08:09 AM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Signed up a couple of days ago and put down the full 500 with the risk free promotion. Having said I would withdraw it all after a week and then put 50 in I have since changed my mind and will keep the full 500 in (only withdrawing if I am at a loss after a week to reset but will put 500 straight back in!) as it seems having more shares/futures in a player is more beneficial really.

Plodding along nicely so far. Expecting Pogba's value to recover and grow as the season progresses, especially if his bust up with Mourinho rumbles on. Hoping Coutinho will go to another level this season as he is now available to play in the Champions League for Barcelona, and think that Eriksen will really begin to be appreciated for the world class player that he is this year. Couple of younger ones in there too. Obviously Ruben Neves is well set for an audition to one of Europe's big boys this season and Demarai Gray ought to be given more responsibility at Leicester now Mahrez has left - anticipate him making the full England squad in time. Naby Keita is a quality player who will be crucial to Liverpool's likely title bid (plus the media love shiny new Liverpool players) and Bernardo Silva is cheap for a City player who will likely go from strength to strength.

Yesterday was a bit of a baptism of fire as I intended to just leave it for a few days and return to check on things but De Bruyne's value plummeted so I cut my losses early and watched Bernardo Silva's value soar. Was very interesting seeing how quickly De Bruyne's value sunk as early rumours emerged of his injury. It was like a runaway train!
Attached Images
File Type: png FI 1.png (120.3 KB, 32 views)

Old 16-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
How do players values go up and down?
Old 16-08-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
How do players values go up and down?
It's based on how many shares (futures they call them) are in demand for that player.

Players can win "dividends" based on matchday performance and media interest. On a non-matchday 3 players win dividends for "media buzz" - 8p for 1st place, 5p for 2nd place and 2p for 3rd place. Only players in the "top 200" are eligible and it is based on 25 British news outlets.

On a matchday 4 players win dividends for "performance buzz" - 4p each for best defender, midfielder, attacker and star performer. On a double matchday this is doubled and on a triple matchday this is trebled. Top "media buzz" for the day also wins 5p. Only the English Premier League, Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League are eligible.

Essentially what influences price is the player's likelihood to win dividends over time. Some players are better at winning dividends than others due to how performance is rated (bit like fantasy football is rated but much more in depth) and how much the media focuses on them. If a player is considered by the traders on the platform to be likely to be in with a chance of winning dividends then their price will go up and if not then it will go down. So when De Bruyne got injured yesterday his value sunk as he would go 3 months or so without being able to win dividends; meanwhile his likely replacements David Silva, Bernardo Silva and Ilkay Gundogan all saw their prices increase as they would be more likely to win dividends in the interim period.

It's all very interesting and most players' values are at the very least steady with the vast majority of players increasing in value by varying amounts so there isn't too much to lose as the platform looks to be growing very well. The guide to dividends is explained well here: To view the link you have to Register or Login

However it hasn't updated the increase in performance buzz dividends which have increased since that was published.

Old 16-08-2018, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan27 View Post
Signed up a couple of days ago and put down the full 500 with the risk free promotion. Having said I would withdraw it all after a week and then put 50 in I have since changed my mind and will keep the full 500 in (only withdrawing if I am at a loss after a week to reset but will put 500 straight back in!) as it seems having more shares/futures in a player is more beneficial really.

Plodding along nicely so far. Expecting Pogba's value to recover and grow as the season progresses, especially if his bust up with Mourinho rumbles on. Hoping Coutinho will go to another level this season as he is now available to play in the Champions League for Barcelona, and think that Eriksen will really begin to be appreciated for the world class player that he is this year. Couple of younger ones in there too. Obviously Ruben Neves is well set for an audition to one of Europe's big boys this season and Demarai Gray ought to be given more responsibility at Leicester now Mahrez has left - anticipate him making the full England squad in time. Naby Keita is a quality player who will be crucial to Liverpool's likely title bid (plus the media love shiny new Liverpool players) and Bernardo Silva is cheap for a City player who will likely go from strength to strength.

Yesterday was a bit of a baptism of fire as I intended to just leave it for a few days and return to check on things but De Bruyne's value plummeted so I cut my losses early and watched Bernardo Silva's value soar. Was very interesting seeing how quickly De Bruyne's value sunk as early rumours emerged of his injury. It was like a runaway train!
I like a few of your picks there! Gray and Coutinho are interesting ones for the reasons you mentioned. I like Keita but have balked at his price recently as he was 2.50 when I joined at the start of June! I do think he might be worth jumping on though.

I fortunately got on the Pogba train when his price was around 6.20. Careful what happens with him though - if he does go to Barca, he will sell off as he's less likely to win MB there. Definitely worth holding for buzz in the mean time though.

Good move cutting de Bruyne early, I learned a painful lesson with de Arrascaeta during the world cup - took a punt on him at 1.25 and sat there not wanting to take a loss as he dropped towards 65p over the next month! Cutting losers is key.
Old 16-08-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeagle View Post
I like a few of your picks there! Gray and Coutinho are interesting ones for the reasons you mentioned. I like Keita but have balked at his price recently as he was 2.50 when I joined at the start of June! I do think he might be worth jumping on though.

I fortunately got on the Pogba train when his price was around 6.20. Careful what happens with him though - if he does go to Barca, he will sell off as he's less likely to win MB there. Definitely worth holding for buzz in the mean time though.

Good move cutting de Bruyne early, I learned a painful lesson with de Arrascaeta during the world cup - took a punt on him at 1.25 and sat there not wanting to take a loss as he dropped towards 65p over the next month! Cutting losers is key.
It was very eye-opening and a real "welcome to the Index" moment as I saw KDB price suddenly plummet - fortunately I was on twitter at the time and saw his name begin to feature quite a bit so managed to cut early. Seems to have levelled off now and once he is back to full fitness he will be very profitable I imagine so tempted to get back in whilst his price is low. There was a part of me that wanted to hold onto him due to the likely MB that his injury would generate and that I would be confident that his price would recover back to well above pre-injury levels but I opted to cut - will see if I live to regret it! Agree re Pogba - I can't see him going anywhere but if it begins to look like that is likely (you can usually tell when something will definitely happen) then I will sell him off. His price dropped down to -0.27 of what I bought him for within a day but has recovered to -0.12 today alone and he looks set to win today's MB. He is in the Sunday game as well so could be an outside bet for PB too.

I'm very much looking forward to the season really getting going so I can start to work out some tactics for PB. Looks difficult to secure dividends in PB but getting a couple of players who win this 2 or 3 times would be very rewarding.

Would be great to get some more BBSers involved and posting as I really do think the platform will take off even more this year. What have been your best picks so far?

Old 16-08-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
It was very eye-opening and a real "welcome to the Index" moment as I saw KDB price suddenly plummet - fortunately I was on twitter at the time and saw his name begin to feature quite a bit so managed to cut early. Seems to have levelled off now and once he is back to full fitness he will be very profitable I imagine so tempted to get back in whilst his price is low. There was a part of me that wanted to hold onto him due to the likely MB that his injury would generate and that I would be confident that his price would recover back to well above pre-injury levels but I opted to cut - will see if I live to regret it! Agree re Pogba - I can't see him going anywhere but if it begins to look like that is likely (you can usually tell when something will definitely happen) then I will sell him off. His price dropped down to -0.27 of what I bought him for within a day but has recovered to -0.12 today alone and he looks set to win today's MB. He is in the Sunday game as well so could be an outside bet for PB too.

I'm very much looking forward to the season really getting going so I can start to work out some tactics for PB. Looks difficult to secure dividends in PB but getting a couple of players who win this 2 or 3 times would be very rewarding.

Would be great to get some more BBSers involved and posting as I really do think the platform will take off even more this year. What have been your best picks so far?
Yeah I’d like a discussion forum for it, so more BBSerd involved would be great! Granted I’m not as bullish on FI as the pillocks on Twitter who keep saying things like “who needs a bank account when you have Football Index”!

I’ve held Kingsley Coman since I started, he’s gone from 1.90 to 2.90, there or thereabouts. Including MB, Pogba has generated a good return, and he’s one of my bigger holds since depositing more money. Also have a few Ramos which worked well for me yesterday. I’ve got a broad spread of Prem, Ligue 1 and Serie A players whose value I’m expecting to climb over the season too.

Regarding de Bruyne, there’s a lot of discussion on Twitter about what to do about him. With the index rising so fast the general consensus is why buy him for a three month hold that has little to no potential for earning dividends in that time? The flip side is if you don’t wanna be on the index trading regularly, now is a good time to get in as his value will definitely climb, and by the time he’s back similar players will probably be over 6! Personally I have no cash sitting in my account so can’t get any of him at the moment.

Last edited by DHeagle; 16-08-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I joined this just before the season started. Unfortunately seem to have missed a huge bull run that happened in mid July for a lot of players.

One observation I have made so far is that it operates very close to an actual stock market. For example, on news of the KdB injury, his value dropped from 5.6 to 4.8 and then recovered to around 5.1 when people realised that he might be back in a few months and was undervalued.

Also values seem to drop midweek when there is not much football. It might be worth selling your portfollio on Sunday and re-buying in mid-week when the buzz of impending matches begins to build.

Anyway... I have invested 1000 which is now worth 1022.

One other thing, a good strategy is to buy into players that are "unfashionable" because they have had a lay off, run of bad form or just boring to watch but who you will do a job. Examples of these are Morata, Sigurdsson and Rondon.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE View Post
I joined this just before the season started. Unfortunately seem to have missed a huge bull run that happened in mid July for a lot of players.

One observation I have made so far is that it operates very close to an actual stock market. For example, on news of the KdB injury, his value dropped from 5.6 to 4.8 and then recovered to around 5.1 when people realised that he might be back in a few months and was undervalued.

Also values seem to drop midweek when there is not much football. It might be worth selling your portfollio on Sunday and re-buying in mid-week when the buzz of impending matches begins to build.

One other thing, a good strategy is to buy into players that are "unfashionable" because they have had a lay off, run of bad form or just boring to watch but who you will do a job. Examples of these are Morata, Sigurdsson and Rondon.
Yeah I too missed the bull run during the transfer window but I expect as more and more people join then prices will continue to rise. Interesting point re Morata, Glyfi and Rondon - I am yet to be involved during a triple matchday so interested in how PB dividends will be gained. My guessing is that unless a player is deemed to have a chance of gaining MB or PB then his price is unlikely to see any significant upwards change? I would have thought that Rondon would have to go some to be fighting off all the other forwards in the top 5 leagues to win best attacker whilst playing for Newcastle but interested to see how it plays out. If he's cheap then he really needs to only win 1 MB all season to return a significant amount on the investment.

I'm keen to get back on KDB as I expect his price will eventually recover to well above pre-injury levels but won't alter anything until after our game on Monday night as I am happy with who I have and want to see PB in proper swing. Full round of Europa League matches tonight which might have an influence and I have one or two players who will feature.

Old 16-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Untapped potential....

DAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDAWSYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yeah I too missed the bull run during the transfer window but I expect as more and more people join then prices will continue to rise. Interesting point re Morata, Glyfi and Rondon - I am yet to be involved during a triple matchday so interested in how PB dividends will be gained. My guessing is that unless a player is deemed to have a chance of gaining MB or PB then his price is unlikely to see any significant upwards change? I would have thought that Rondon would have to go some to be fighting off all the other forwards in the top 5 leagues to win best attacker whilst playing for Newcastle but interested to see how it plays out. If he's cheap then he really needs to only win 1 MB all season to return a significant amount on the investment.

I'm keen to get back on KDB as I expect his price will eventually recover to well above pre-injury levels but won't alter anything until after our game on Monday night as I am happy with who I have and want to see PB in proper swing. Full round of Europa League matches tonight which might have an influence and I have one or two players who will feature.
Actually a lot of players who have no chance of getting any PB or MB dividends do seem to appreciate significantly. It seems that a lot users buy players for capital appreciation rather than dividends.

I would equate it with investing in companies....a lot of investors buy shares in start ups that might not make a cent of profit currently (e.g. Tesla) and are happy not to receive a cent in dividends in the hope the value of their shares will rise in the future.
Old 16-08-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:

As Dan said, Rondon would have a tough time. Typically the teams that are good for PB are ones that keep the ball, as each pass completed and overall pass percentage both factor into a PB score. That means picking players from teams that battle to results most weeks is really tough to be successful with, unless you catch the week where Rondon scores a hat-trick, for example.

Flipping the portfolio weekly would be a very risky game, as there is typically a 2% spread between buy and sell prices, and the Index takes 2% of the sell price as commission, so you give up nearly 4% there alone. The platform is going through huge growth now so it's hard to tell, but a general 4% rise can't really be relied upon. There is a huge amount of buzz around matches though if you pick players from the right teams! Real lost last night yet Benzema is up 10%, Ramos is up 20%, and Bale made a bit of a move too.
Old 16-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Untapped potential....

P.s, anyone fancy doing a tracker together? We could share the names of a few up and coming young players in Europe, buy them and hold for a year?
Old 16-08-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Actually a lot of players who have no chance of getting any PB or MB dividends do seem to appreciate significantly. It seems that a lot users buy players for capital appreciation rather than dividends.

I would equate it with investing in companies....a lot of investors buy shares in start ups that might not make a cent of profit currently (e.g. Tesla) and are happy not to receive a cent in dividends in the hope the value of their shares will rise in the future.
Fair point, but everything is rising at the moment - over the course of the season, those guys playing in teams that are doing well will almost certainly receive more love than those playing in worse teams.

I have this opinion with investing in companies as I do these players (although I'm well aware this is gambling). Chasing momentum is fine, and you may find some lemons for cheap whose value will rise, a la Rondon. His value over the course of the season though will be relative to his ability to win dividends, and as more money enters the index, people will generally flock to those players playing in winning teams. My expectation is a widening gap between players on teams that have regular PB winners relative to those with few or no PB winners.
Old 16-08-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
P.s, anyone fancy doing a tracker together? We could share the names of a few up and coming young players in Europe, buy them and hold for a year?
What do you mean doing a tracker? I haven't really investigated them but are the trackers on FI not just weighted indexes of a certain number of players?
Old 16-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Untapped potential....

Or rather a portfolio, made up players agreed between ourselves. Look for young, low value players that we will hold onto for a while.

Might be a fun project.
Old 16-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Watching Paint Dry

WorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is hereWorthingEagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Or rather a portfolio, made up players agreed between ourselves. Look for young, low value players that we will hold onto for a while.

Might be a fun project.
There's a bloke called Russ who would love to run it...
Old 16-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Untapped potential....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorthingEagle View Post
There's a bloke called Russ who would love to run it...
Haha. I thought of that scam when posting this!

This investment in this project will be down by your own account only...only the player names will be agreed on here!