Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOM
Hennessey 97 18.44%
PVA 289 54.94%
Tomkins 5 0.95%
Kelly 2 0.38%
TFM 2 0.38%
McArthur 96 18.25%
Milivojevic 8 1.52%
Cabaye 6 1.14%
Townsend 0 0%
Benteke 6 1.14%
Zaha 11 2.09%
Sakho 4 0.76%
Voters: 526. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2018, 06:42 PM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Hennessey 8 Made some fantastic saves, good handling, one excellent punch. Good kicking. New contract please.

PVA 9 MOM Defended really well, showed good pace, excellent passing. Got up to support Zaha and (whisper it) slung in a couple of fantastic crosses. Chalk and cheese comparing his footballing ability with that of Schlupp's.
Tomkins 6 Defended ok, although looked more comfortable alongside Sakho. Will have to see their goal again.
Kelly 5 He was ok, although turned like a tank once or twice. Have no idea why he started ahead of Sakho, but doesn't matter now.
TFM 6 Don't know what to make of him. Diving in more than ever before; did he have too much sugar before the game?! He defended ok when he didn't try to win sliding tackles every 2 mins, and was comfortable in possession. One good cross that Zaha should have buried. So much better in possession than Ward, a massive bonus when chasing the game like we were in the 2nd half. He's raw. He's 21. I'd like us to sign him up because he's going to be a fantastic player, but he is far from the finished article at the moment.

McArthur 6 I'd give him 4 for his first half showing and 8 for his second half efforts. Not at all comfortable playing wide left, and much better in a 3 man centre mid.
Milivojevic 6 He had an average game. Not awful, not great. Poor penalty even though he scored.
Cabaye 6 His set pieces got better as the game went on, perhaps encouraged by how dodgy their keeper looked. Very poor in first half, a lot better in the 2nd.
Townsend 6 He chugged away down the right, putting in maximum effort. Would like to see more quality from him hence it is not a 7

Benteke 7 No goals, should have done better with one or two chances, but worked so hard. And he was such a handful for them.
Zaha 7 A bit better from him. Some quality dribbling, some good crosses, and tracked back to good effect too. Linking up nicely with PVA.

Sub:

Sakho 7 The skipper is back, and looked calm and assured. We passed it so much better when he came on.

Hodgson deserves big credit for the formation change. I think Sakho coming on was also part of it though, as we could pass through midfield. That is our best defence imho, and it's nice that we were finally able to see it. A point in the circumstances is not a disaster - more important not to lose. A good performance in the 2nd half, and very unlucky not to win. We move on.
You've got that spot on, PVA really was excellent today.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:42 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Just my opinion, but thought TFM was abysmal
Old 04-02-2018, 06:44 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
4-5-1 next week please. Better today when we switched it, better against arsenal, better against West ham at home, etc etc. We get the best out of Jimmy and wilf that way
Old 04-02-2018, 06:45 PM

Ooh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOoh Betty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hennessey 8

Van Aanholt 6
Tomkins 6
Kelly 5
TFM 2

McArthur 6.5
Milivojevic 6
Cabaye 5
Townsend 4

Benteke 2
Zaha 5

Sub:
Sakho 8
Old 04-02-2018, 06:48 PM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
McArthur mom for me.

Pity most of the other players only turned up for the second half.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:50 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
Just my opinion, but thought TFM was abysmal
I don’t think he was . He had a good second half .
Old 04-02-2018, 06:50 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
don't care what anyone says Benteke is a massive disappointment. If he'd taken 1/3 of the chances he's had we'd be safe. Just winning a few flick ons is just not good enough for the money we've paid.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Just when I was about to hang my head in shame about criticising Kelly he goes and gifts a goal. I hope 100 is his limit of Palace games.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:58 PM

nicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicobos came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
PVA- wow, if I knew he could play like that ! (£14m or whatever could actually be worth it !).

Tried to play it forward at every opportunity and played some great balls in to feet.

Had such a good game I actually felt sorry for him when he was on the overlap and Zaha cut inside.

We really battered them in terms of shots and goal mouth opportunities but it was just one of those days I guess. If benteke was on form we’d have 5-10 points more this season.

More important not to lose imho and gift points to a team that will be down there at the end of the season and struggles themselves to win at home.

Def have enough to stay up barring injuries to key players. Every match is winnable so bring on Everton !
Old 04-02-2018, 06:59 PM
9.6 miles from Selhurst

dav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Am I the only one who thought that the corner for their goal shouldn't have been given
Old 04-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
With all due respect and I hope you don't mind me saying this but you are especially guilty of this as you seem to rate TFM highly regardless of his performances. I think he's a huge prospect and will be some player but he's very raw and today was without doubt his poorest performance of the season. He was also poor against West Ham. He kept diving into tackles, falling over and getting caught under the ball. Great prospect but today was a game to forget for him.

I'd bring ward back next week. He's currently the better defender. Though I'm sure TFM will go on to be the better player.
Certain I am, that IS what I was saying. I wasn’t suggesting who was right and wrong, just noting how diverse the opinions were. Don’t think it was his worst game. Last week was, wasn’t it?

Edit - he probably set up our best chance too for Wilf in first half. I think he will start to look better with Tomkins on his side of the defence. Kelly has done OK but Tomkins will help him I think.

Last edited by Martin H; 04-02-2018 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:01 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav434 View Post
Am I the only one who thought that the corner for their goal shouldn't have been given
I don’t even want to know if that’s true

Should have had three penalties today

Shove on benteke while mid air first half

Shirt pull on benteke second (given)

Shirt pull on Jimmy second

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
Certain I am, that IS what I was saying. I wasn’t suggesting who was right and wrong, just noting how diverse the opinions were. Don’t think it was his worst game. Last week was, wasn’t it?
Fair play - i see what you mean. First half he was awful today but he did get better in the second half. He's got so much talent but I think his body is too fast for his brain at times! A bit more composure and he'll be superb. I'm sure he'll develop that in time.
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav434 View Post
I didn't think it was either but the folks behind me thought it was, and Zaha didn't protest (I don't think).
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 04-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We became a better unit after Kenedy went off. Would have loved him over RLC.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:04 PM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First half we were very tense and looked nervous when the opportunity to exploit chances came, we really do need to take 3 points of these type of games especially at home if we are to pull clear.
The Second Half was a different story as we showed so much more purpose and energy, but if you cant finish chances off then it all comes to nothing, however i was pleased to see Benteke showing a lot more energy and effort, but we/he so needed to bring in another striker to play alongside. Could the Big Dane be that one? time will tell.
Clearly Zaha can NOT play that role as a central striker, he is so much better and effective when played wide as he draws defenders to him which allows the space created to be exploited which if playing Two strikers would make us far more effective a goal threat.
There were some solid performances like Hennessey, who takes a lot of stick but was our saviour today on a few occassions, then there was McArthur who after a poor First half was superb in the Second half, but for me the outstanding Palace player was Patrick Van Arnholt who produced by far his best Palace performance to date.
But Oh how we desperately needed Three points from this game to give us some leeway with the tough games to come.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:05 PM
dabbling

Jim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is hereJim Cannons Moustache Sam the man is here
Thank god the ref gave a soft looking pen because we were so wasreful it was untrue. I guess it is good we are creating openings but we must have missed more gilt edged opportunities than any PL team in history. Every week a new way of missing sitters.

Hennesseys save in the first half was vital.
TFM played like he'd taken too many amphetamines.
Van aanholt had his best game for us.
Tomkins was Ok, sakho's ability to pass into midfield helped us.
Cabaye was crap in first half had a good 15 mins and was knackered again after 70. Should have been subbed.
Luka average
McArthur had a bad firsr half was good 2nd when taken from his wide position and told to follow the ball.
Townsend played in spurts.
Zaha had his best game in a few but final product not there today.
Benteke. Wow. A seasons worth of missed chances. His effort on the 1on1 and the back post header was piss poor. Not sure he was unlucky or piss poor for the open goal.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Fair play - i see what you mean. First half he was awful today but he did get better in the second half. He's got so much talent but I think his body is too fast for his brain at times! A bit more composure and he'll be superb. I'm sure he'll develop that in time.
He did look like he had been eating a lot of red meat this week but I thought that kept Kennedy fairly quiet in the end.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:08 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
When Cabaye raises his right arm it's a signal meaning:

"This corner is going to be shit"
Old 04-02-2018, 07:18 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Talk about a game of two halves. Thought we were very lucky to go in at half time only 0-1 down despite us having a number of chances. Given my vote to PVA as worked his socks off and at times looked to be the only player interested in getting back in to the game.

Hennessey - 8 - Didn’t put a foot wrong. Looked to play it short which was nice and his kicking was more accurate when it did need to go long.

TFM - 5 - Loses a mark for his throw-in ability. Reminds me when I was playing football. I also hated taking them but it’s just the done thing as a full back. Dived in a couple of times but I think it’s calculated when there is cover and taken them wise as opposed to opening things up.

PVA - 9 - Looked really up for it today (maybe to do with the Sunderland connection). Fast, direct and good decision making (defensively and offensively). It benefits Wilf so much to have a player providing overlaps and taking the numerous markers off of him. Massively improved recently and making the most of the injury to Schlupp.

Tomkins - 6 - Average game. Won The majority of aerial duels but accuracy was all over the shop. Thee crossing opportunity that he scuffed along the floor could (and probably should) have cost us. Completely lost Lascelles from a corner in the second half too.

Kelly - 5 - Struggled up against Gayle. Gave the ball away with his passing on a couple of occasions. Shouldn’t be starting ahead of Sakho.

Luka - 6 - Not the best of pens but enough power behind it to make things difficult. Some decent tackles in key areas but not as commanding as usual.

Cabaye - 6 - Worked hard and got in to decent positions but should have done better with a couple of chances.

McArthur - 7 - Invisible in the first half but excellent in the second. Worked his way out of some really tight spots. Has a lot more skill than he is given credit for. If only his shot was a few inches lower.

Townsend - 6 - Didn’t seem to do all that much. Won a free kick in a decent position after taking a heavy touch.

Zaha - 7 - End product a bit disappointing but caused massive problems with his dribbling. Too much stick from the fans for not shooting but as with most games, most of the time, he is given very little room to do so.

Benteke - 6 - Thought his general play was very good today and it was nice to see a bit more accuracy with his flick ons. However, as a striker...you need to be taking some of those chances. He also needs to get back onside quicker. When confidence is shot, you should be working your socks off to counter it but he seems to be getting a bit lazier.

Subs

Sakho - 8 - We play so much better when he is on the pitch. I know his composure often gives heart attacks but it’s so nice to have a defender who doesn’t look to punt it long to Benteke.