Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:32 AM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
PL Squad

Of the now 30 players (including Sorloth) on First Team Page on club website

Dann, Puncheon, Schlupp and Wickham out for season
Ladapo, Kaikai and Williams out on loan
RLC back to Chelsea injured
Sako out for a few weeks

Ward, Sakho and Cabaye short term injuries

At least we got 3 of 5 targets including an international striker in form.

Imagine signing no one.

So let’s get behind the manager and team and pray no more major injuries.

CPFC, WHU and Burnley have major injury issues this season. We just have to keep fighting and our fans do our bit to help home and away.

COYP
Old 01-02-2018, 01:35 AM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Ward, Sakho and Cabaye are injury-free cuurently.
Old 01-02-2018, 01:36 AM
Contents May Vary

Robson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is hereRobson Sam the man is here
Ladapo was sold, I believe. To Southend.
"Not only did the Palace fans sing and chant for the entire 90 minutes, but they stayed behind after the final whistle in order to express their gratitude to players and manager for their efforts. If this is a set of supporters headed for relegation, that is to the Championship's gain and the true detriment of the Premier League, where sterile atmospheres have become worryingly commonplace." - Football365
Old 01-02-2018, 01:58 AM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
we have a decent first team capable of finishing mid-table if there are no more injuries- but if there are injuries to key players we could get relegated
we haven't got the back-ups and we didnt get them in this window
Old 01-02-2018, 02:02 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
We still have the maverick duo of Mutch and Lee
Old 01-02-2018, 04:48 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
We are in serious trouble if a winger, striker or goalie gets injured. We've known we need more players in key positions, we've known this for months. It's ridiculous that it hasn't been properly dealt with.

Last edited by alanlee11; 06-02-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:23 AM
South Croydon's Finest

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
If a goalie gets injured is ok, after all the sun will rise again remember?

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Dartford, Croydon, Bromley and the surrounding areas.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:57 AM

Mr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Byrne View Post
Of the now 30 players (including Sorloth) on First Team Page on club website

Dann, Puncheon, Schlupp and Wickham out for season
Ladapo, Kaikai and Williams out on loan
RLC back to Chelsea injured
Sako out for a few weeks

Ward, Sakho and Cabaye short term injuries

At least we got 3 of 5 targets including an international striker in form.

Imagine signing no one.

So let’s get behind the manager and team and pray no more major injuries.

CPFC, WHU and Burnley have major injury issues this season. We just have to keep fighting and our fans do our bit to help home and away.

COYP
I couldn't agree more. Really quite excited about Sorloth - hope he hits the ground running.

The Amadou situation was no fault of Parish and Freedman - Lille massively pissed us about. I hope they go down- shitty way to conduct business.

As for Guiata, it would surely seem to be folly, by most reasonable people ,to sign him for millions when he has agreed a pre-contract and will sign in the summer for nothing. The Hen has actually been playing quite well recently, and we need to get behind him now until the summer, when, undoubtedly, a new no1 will come in.

We were never one of those PL team fanbases to behave like entitled, spoilt, glory boys, demanding millions be spent by the owners in unsustainable fashion, when there was no value in said transfers. I sincerely believe that Steve Parish and Dougie have gone through a process to identify targets, make approaches, and do the best they can to sign the players we need. However, the window in general has become a farce, with clubs all over the world knowing they can demand ridiculous sums for players who are worth no more than half the value the price their players at.

That, combined with the stupidity of teams like City and United, confound the problem, and leave clubs like ours working within an incredibly fine margin of financial sustainability or ruin.

So, whist disappointed by this window, I don't see the point in blaming the hierarchy of the club, and look forward to seeing our new striker in action very soon. Maybe this is the kick up the ass Tekkers needs to finally get firing on all cylinders.

COYP
Old 01-02-2018, 08:23 AM

jobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is herejobiinthelastmi Sam the man is here
Retaining the services of Mutch is our biggest positive....
Old 01-02-2018, 09:30 PM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Is Wickham definitely out for the season?
Old 06-02-2018, 10:37 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
We are in serious trouble if a winger, striker or goalie gets injured. We've known we need more players in key positions, we've known this for months. It's ridiculous that it hasn't been properly dealt with.
An unfortunate bump. On his FYP Podcast appearance I thought Steve was far too disparaging of supporters' opinions, he spoke as if we are all naive trolls on Twitter - but many of us have seen the problems forming for a while now - I wrote the post above as the window closed. A goalie has got injured, a winger and our best player by miles has got injured, the striker we signed hasn't played since December...
Old 06-02-2018, 10:45 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinoeagle View Post
Is Wickham definitely out for the season?
Which one?

The lack of information on Wickham is making me fear the worst for him.

I heard more updates about the progress of Yannick over at Everton and the likely timetable of his return than I’ve heard re Connor.

In this instance, the silence is worrying.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:03 AM

smoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsmoll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
An unfortunate bump. On his FYP Podcast appearance I thought Steve was far too disparaging of supporters' opinions, he spoke as if we are all naive trolls on Twitter - but many of us have seen the problems forming for a while now - I wrote the post above as the window closed. A goalie has got injured, a winger and our best player by miles has got injured, the striker we signed hasn't played since December...
Have to agree with this. Parish is too dismissive of what we've all seen for a long time. Biting us on the backside now
Old 06-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Which one?

The lack of information on Wickham is making me fear the worst for him.

I heard more updates about the progress of Yannick over at Everton and the likely timetable of his return than I’ve heard re Connor.

In this instance, the silence is worrying.
What I heard on Sunday suggests not even his pals know.

I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem likely he'll be back this season.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
What I heard on Sunday suggests not even his pals know.

I hope I'm wrong but it doesn't seem likely he'll be back this season.
Yep, Wickham was back in training and in pics at least a couple of months ago now. Then.... Silence.