Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 07-09-2006, 10:19 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by westsussexeagle
Not watching the programme but I remember the event well. We were packing to go on holiday and at lunchtime on the 11th Mrs WSE said 'I'll just see if anything exciting is happening' as she switched on the TV! One picture sticks in my mind and always will. It was on the front page of the Mirror and depicts a young fireman heading to his death as he starts up the stairs of one of the burning Towers as everyone else heads down to safety.
This post reminds me of boxing day 2005 when I got up early to catch my flight to Thailand - I still went which is for another thread.

The fireman on the front page of the mirror - I was talking about him earlier - Mike something, I believe he survived and the mirror found him a day or so later.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:26 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
My friend was due to have an interview for a bank there that afternoon. He has to come back on the 9th because he lost his passport.

It was very touching. Normal humans going by their normal work. Heroic service men and women as well.

It hit home - we are all human. We are all one.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Sorted out and slung out

La Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLa Bombonera : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The programme did perfect the art of mixing factual detail, actual footage and presumed occurances with the use of actors, well
Old 07-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
I flew out of Logan (Boston) a few days before. Security was non existent: I checked in early, passed through but was called back to the check in desk about an hour later. No one checked my credentials on the way back or when I returned.

Watching those guys walk through with 4 inch knives (only 6 inch + knives were prohibited) leaves you incredulous. And that 8 out of them were on a wanted list. Sheer f*cking incomptence by the world leaders in making money, the world leaders in capitalist stupidity.
Agree 100%, I love visiting the US, and love NYC but when i went there before 2001 security was awful, even the way you would pick your luggage up after going through the restricted area's, it staggered me, when I was 18 I did a stint working at Gatwick doing security and Americans were always shocked at how strict our security was and couldnt understand why they couldnt take their small knives on board.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:42 PM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
On 9/11 we watched the events unfold live on a small portable TV in our office. We could hardly believe what we were witnessing. So many innocent, hard working people lost their lives on that day.

Robert Eaton RIP
Old 07-09-2006, 10:57 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Anyone know if it is repeated?
Old 07-09-2006, 10:58 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurst

Robert Eaton RIP
Seconded Paul even more considering the Company He worked for. I know one poster on here that probably finds it difficult this time of the year.

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 07-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Girl

sexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesexyrazor : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I love Jonewee

Well let the sun shine on your face
And don’t let your life go to waste
Now is the time, got to make up your mind
Let it shine on you, let it shine on you
Old 07-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Beer Lover

ginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty airginger eagle is fond of sand dunes and salty air
I was watching the events being broadcasted at work (was working for asda at the time) in our home and leisure department. i was no doubt shocked and i am thinking.."this is not real". i could'nt believe it, and as i got home about 4pm our time, which was about 11am their time...i was asking my mum "has the twin towers...well..gone?"
9/11 still brings those terrifying memories for me and seeing these images makes you think your in a disaster movie. there were according to BBC 2,687 lifes lost on that fateful day. i believe there is much more! 9/11 is a day i will never forget. May God be with all of those innocent victims killed.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Arabic TV channel Al-Jazeera has broadcast what it says is unseen footage of Osama Bin Laden meeting some of the 9/11 hijackers
Old 07-09-2006, 11:15 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

Arabic TV channel Al-Jazeera has broadcast what it says is unseen footage of Osama Bin Laden meeting some of the 9/11 hijackers
Jirr-many Calling Jirr-manny Calling.

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 08-09-2006, 07:37 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by LLCOOLSTEVE

Yes and we are stupid enough to broadcast it all over the world and give them the publicity they crave...sheesh
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 08-09-2006, 07:44 AM
On a final warning

dodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
This might cheer you up ... the young fireman lived ....
He sure did, I remember that! ! !
Old 08-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
At the end of that programme i had tears in my eyes.

One thing i specifically noticed was the two guys who were really struggling to live with the fact that they thought their actions on the day made them cowards. It really really didn't.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:11 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Like most people I am as shocked by that event now as I was then, as horror upon horror unfolded before my eyes. To think that anyone could watch that with any satisfaction, and in the name of God, beggars belief. Pure evil.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 08-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Doting Grandfather

BaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBaldEagle96 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I saw this last night and also the programme a couple of days ago about the 14 people who survived by being trapped in a stairwell in the North Tower when it collapsed. Must admit I was not even aware of that miracle.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Seagullette
Robert Eaton RIP

Robert Eaton, a lifelong Brighton and Hove Albion fan tragically lost his life in the disaster. Rob was a regular user of North Stand Chat, and Albion supporters and NSC Users decided to set up the fund in his memory, raising money for disadvantaged young people in the UK and abroad who wish to play football, but find it difficult to do so without help.

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund has raised over £40,000 so far, and bought kit and equipment for Los Peladitos, a youth football team in Rob Eaton's adopted city of New York and youth football teams in Sussex and Croydon
Very sad. It must be so difficult for his relatives and friends at this time of year. The memorial fund sounds like a fitting way to remember him.

I thought the program last night was superb. There were points where I almost forgot that I was watching a reconstruction of a real life event; it was so like Hollywood and so unbelievable.

The saddest thing I think must have been for those trapped above the impact zone, with no way out. To have to telephone your loved ones and say goodbye is something I can’t even contemplate doing. I find it difficult to even think about that situation.

Something else that struck me was how clam people were in the buildings and how they obeyed orders to stay put. Some were turned away from the exit of the South tower by security guards before the second plane struck and went back to their desks. Entirely understandable really, I just found it odd- I suppose that, in the early stages of situations like this, people always think it will never happen to them and that everything will be alright.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 08-09-2006, 09:00 AM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
someone made a fast buck by marketing skyscraper escape parachutes afterwards..only in america.... jumping out the window basejump could you image it all them untrained chutes i dread to think
Old 08-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Must come down!

WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP! WHAT'S UP!
Didn't watch it, since that day, I find it hard to watch any programme to do with 9/11, that day changed the world, couldn't even believe what I was seeing it was like watching a film, the harshest for me was watching all the people jumping out of the windows to their death, doesn't bare thinking about the conditions they were in which made then plunge out of a building god knows how many feet up.

God bless all the innocent people killed and all their families and friends who have been caught up in a terrorist attack.

Lets hope the terrorist's burn in hell
Old 08-09-2006, 09:05 AM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I watched some of the first half of this leading up to the break for the news but just couldn't bring myself to watch any more. I find it too distressing even now and what I did watch brought back so many memories and thoughts of that day. Heartbreaking.