Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
This is one of my most distrubing days of my life. I wasn't anywhere near NY and I didn't lose anyone (my wife lost a 2nd Cousin at the Pentagon, but, as we didn't know he existed it wasn't so heartbreaking).
I remember watching the towers fall on TV and I still find it disturbing. I am not looking forward to hearing and reliving this on Monday on the 5th anniversary.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I think i've seen those planes crash in to the towers hundreds of times. But then again we have discovery channel.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by cooper83

I'm by no means subscribing to conspiracy theories, but don't you find this a little bit weird?
A colleague of a close friend was working in the Pentagon that day - when she finally got out there were plenty plane parts scattered about.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:54 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It was a very interesting program that was impossible not to get emotionally involved in. September 11th is the date of one of my best mates birthdays and its never been the same for him since the attacks.

There's a documentry filmed by two french brothers while with the NYFD, and how they got caught up in all the madness that day. Its really difficult to watch but it also shows how the firefighters tried their utmost to save as many lives while disregarding their own safety. Bravery beyond what most of us could ever imagine.

I know alot of conspiracy theories have come from the attacks and i dont buy into much of it. The only thing what i find unbelievable about the Pentagon attack is that they have only one camera that caught the explosion. Surely the Pentagon and close areas must have had more CCTV and could put this whole conspiracy theory to bed.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:08 PM

Freddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by cooper83
On the whole I agree with you, but have you ever been to the Pentagon? Having been there myself in 2002 (with the rebuilding process still very much in full swing), I do have a few doubts. The path of the plane would have taken it directly over the freeway which runs right alongside the Pentagon - the plane obviously struck the base of the building and yet there was no reported damage to the freeway. Moreover, it would have been full of cars at that time of day, and yet there were no reported injuries or indeed incidents of any kind. Also, you have to admit that the utter lack of disturbance to the turf immediately next to the impact point is very odd - it would have been impossible for the plane to fly that low and yet make no mark prior to impact.

I'm by no means subscribing to conspiracy theories, but don't you find this a little bit weird?
Isn't the Pentagon, because of it's strategic military purpose, likely
to have been considerably re-enforced (probably during the period
of the Cold War) and would be likely to be far more resistance to
a major impact than the World Trade Centre? I too
visited Washington DC less than a year after the attack,
and large-scale repairs and reconstruction were still going
on at the site of the crash and can recall at least one giant
crane being deployed there.

My cousin and her husband both visited the capital a few
days after the crash and told me they had witnessed
major damage to the part of the building that had
been struck.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 08-09-2006 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Cutting Edge Hair

GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer
I am not an engineer but here's my guess.

The top of the building was inflamed and the floors started collapsing. As they collpased, on fire, so the weight of the falling caused the floors below to collapse and so on.

This explains why the building collapsed outwards as well.

By the time you get to the Ground Floor, there will have been considerable momentum from the floors falling from the top.
I Understand what you are saying, but never in history has fire bought down a steel building and on this day it bought down two. Coincidence?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:27 PM

Freddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkFreddy Kurz sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by GDP
It was a very interesting program that was impossible not to get emotionally involved in. September 11th is the date of one of my best mates birthdays and its never been the same for him since the attacks.

There's a documentry filmed by two french brothers while with the NYFD, and how they got caught up in all the madness that day. Its really difficult to watch but it also shows how the firefighters tried their utmost to save as many lives while disregarding their own safety. Bravery beyond what most of us could ever imagine.

I know alot of conspiracy theories have come from the attacks and i dont buy into much of it. The only thing what i find unbelievable about the Pentagon attack is that they have only one camera that caught the explosion. Surely the Pentagon and close areas must have had more CCTV and could put this whole conspiracy theory to bed.
The probable reason why the US Government gave such little prominence
to TV footage of the Pentagon atack is acute political embarrassment.
American imperialism had just sustained the worst blow to it's
national prestige since the Japanese attack on the US fleet at
Pearl Harbour in December 1941, by a small group of militants.

The last thing Bush and his Administration wanted was a series
of newsreel pictures going around the Arab world and elsewhere
showing how it's most prestigious military target had been pene-
trated with such ease by a bunch of terrorists

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 08-09-2006 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Cutting Edge Hair

GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0

This is the picture thats gets me.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:38 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
The probable reason why the US Government gave such little prominence
to TV footage of the Pentagon atack is acute political embarrassment.
American imperialism had just sustained the worst blow to it's
national prestige since the Japanese attack on the US fleet at
Pearl Harbour in December 1941, by a small group of militants.

The last thing Bush and his Administration wanted was a series
of newsreel pictures going around the Arab world and elsewhere
showing how it's most prestigious military target had been pene-
trated with such ease by a bunch of terrorists
You might have the right of it there Freddy but as they did release 4 or 5 frames of the Pentagon incident, it surely would have been easier on them showing something clearer proving that there was no conspiracy. And to be fair it couldn't have done anymore damage than pictures of the Twin Towers getting hit and then collapsing, being shown worldwide.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:51 PM
The Seventh Son

Scoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineScoot : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ecalap Latsyrc
They weren't designed to take a large plane full of fuel. Also the heat certainly wasn't hot enough to melt steel but was hot enough to get the steel to a point where it lost the majority of its strength. The intumescent protection on the steel will have been damaged by the impact.
Most of the fuel would have burnt in the initail fireball leaving just office furniture to burn. this is particuly true of tower 2 when due to the anglr of impact most of the fuel spewed and lit external to the building.

Have you seen the design for the supporting structures? They were NOTHING like the little 4 tubes encased in 1 concrete square that the beeb show you know.

There is actually plenty of evidence available for a controlled demolition.
And no I do not wear a tin hat and am actually quite intelligent thus not retarted.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:59 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bag
Does anyone know if it is going to be repeated, I missed last nights programme because I had to put the wee ones to bed?

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 08-09-2006, 08:06 PM
What now?!!

toucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
A very good friend of mine lost his brother... RIP Derek Sword.

He was an accomplished squash player and there is now a trophy in his name competed for by teams from NY and London.

Sensless waste of life...
Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Something that got to me today;

At the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square this Monday (September 11th) the families of British victims lost in the attacks are coming to the Embassy for a memorial service which will be led by Ambassador Tuttle starting in the Embassy. The families and staff from the embassy will be walking to the memorial garden located in the square to lay rose's and lighting candles to represent the people lost on that day. Some family members from those lost in the London Bombings will also be in attendance.

Found this link online for it... To view the link you have to Register or Login

I can imagine it is going to be quite an emotional day for all involved and will be very touching judging by the previous memorial services I have witnessed whilst working there.

Today the metropolitan police informed that their will be a protest taking place outside the Embassy by the "9/11 Conspiracy Society" (or something to that effect) on monday with up to 200 demonstrators no doubt mainly made up with the usual suspects who will be there mainly to vent their anger at America for being all bad, causing all the world problems, anti-capitalism etc, etc.

Now is it me or is this just a tad insensitive on a day that there will be many people paying their respects to loved ones who were lost on a day that the world really did see true evil?

Last edited by richdeniro; 08-09-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:04 PM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
WTF will it take to convince some that
A This Happened F
B These people hate us with a vengance ie Infidels (LOL get back under your stones you sub humans with your Medieval Talk)
C By disputing this horrific event YOU are doing their job. Useful Idiots

I will excuse some (especially that live abroad) for their obvious mental issues though.

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 09-09-2006, 02:54 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Pistike
Yes that's quite easy. The Pentagon wasn't hit by an aircraft.
So where exactly did the plane disappear to then with all those dead people.

That is the worst conspiracy theory ever f*cking made up in the history of mankind.

WHERE DID THOSE PEOPLE GO TO?

Who opened their lunch?
Old 09-09-2006, 02:57 AM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by GladItsAllOver

This is the picture thats gets me.
You are joking?

If the two planes that went into the twin towers weren't caught on camera these stupid conspiracy pricks would have you all believing it was a couple of missiles.

You brian dead morons will believe any shite like that.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 09-09-2006, 03:02 AM

Newozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS Murray
k
Old 09-09-2006, 03:04 AM

Newozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS MurrayNewozeagle FFS Murray
k2
Old 09-09-2006, 03:15 AM
ár lá

Quote:
Originally posted by GladItsAllOver
I Understand what you are saying, but never in history has fire bought down a steel building and on this day it bought down two. Coincidence?
Give me strength.

Mr fkin structural engineer are we now?

Who opened their lunch?
Old 09-09-2006, 03:43 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by richdeniro
Something that got to me today;

At the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square this Monday (September 11th) the families of British victims lost in the attacks are coming to the Embassy for a memorial service which will be led by Ambassador Tuttle starting in the Embassy. The families and staff from the embassy will be walking to the memorial garden located in the square to lay rose's and lighting candles to represent the people lost on that day. Some family members from those lost in the London Bombings will also be in attendance.

Found this link online for it... To view the link you have to Register or Login

I can imagine it is going to be quite an emotional day for all involved and will be very touching judging by the previous memorial services I have witnessed whilst working there.

Today the metropolitan police informed that their will be a protest taking place outside the Embassy by the "9/11 Conspiracy Society" (or something to that effect) on monday with up to 200 demonstrators no doubt mainly made up with the usual suspects who will be there mainly to vent their anger at America for being all bad, causing all the world problems, anti-capitalism etc, etc.

Now is it me or is this just a tad insensitive on a day that there will be many people paying their respects to loved ones who were lost on a day that the world really did see true evil?
A very poignant post. Please don't let it get lost in the crap on here.