Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-09-2006, 11:14 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal Adjusted
Look – someone said that Israel invaded a muslim country. I asked which one. ‘Lebanon’ came the reply. I asked if Lebanon is a muslim country’. Seems a reasonable question. Is it or isn’t it
Lebanon is a majority muslim country.... or do you enjoy side tracking discussions with pedantic asides?

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-09-2006, 11:15 AM
jó csávó

Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Old 14-09-2006, 11:16 AM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Rover
And Egypt, Syria and Jordan.
Can we take them one by one.

Lebanon is a muslim country that has been invaded by Israel?

Egypt is a muslim country that has been invaded by Israel?

All I want to do is establish the facts. Can anyone tell me if these two statements are accurate?

I don't know - I'm trying to find out.
Old 14-09-2006, 11:17 AM
handwringing islamofacist

Clapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Pistike
Perhaps you should go and read a book or something
jó csávó

Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
jó csávó

Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
All I want to do is establish the facts.
To view the link you have to Register or Login There are very many auhoritative history sites.

That will save you clogging up this thread with pedantries.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-09-2006, 11:18 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

All I want to do is establish the facts. Can anyone tell me if these two statements are accurate?

Mal....just have the humility to admit that your point was spurious at best.

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-09-2006, 11:19 AM

Clapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Rover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

And Syria is a moslem country which has been invaded by Israel.
Old 14-09-2006, 11:22 AM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMal Adjusted : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
If an invasion isn't an act of war, what is it?
Invasion is 'war'. I don't deny that.

But is war 'invasion'.

If so, I guess the Argies invaded us.
Old 14-09-2006, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Invasion is 'war'. I don't deny that.

But is war 'invasion'.

If so, I guess the Argies invaded us.
<silly>
Old 14-09-2006, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Clapham Rover
And Syria is a moslem country which has been invaded by Israel.
I didn't know that. When did Israel invade Syria ?
Old 14-09-2006, 11:26 AM

Mal...move the discussion along for gawds sake...

SaulAlinsky

Last edited by weltklasse; 14-09-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 14-09-2006, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
To view the link you have to Register or Login There are very many auhoritative history sites.

That will save you clogging up this thread with pedantries.
I tell you what - in the interest of a resolution I'll throw myself at your mercy. I will accept your decision to my two questions

Is Lebanaon a muslim country that Israel has invaded?

Is Egypt a muslim country that Israel has invaded?

All you have to do is give a yes or no
Old 14-09-2006, 11:29 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietse1eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Jeezus.

If we consider a muslim country to be a country with predominance of muslims then yes, Lebanon and Egypt are both muslim countries. If we consider a muslim country to be an Islamic state, then no as Lebanon and Egypt are not Islamic states.

If we consider invasion to mean one country's army advancing across another country's borders in an act of war, then yes Israel's army advanced across both Egypt and Lebanon's borders
Old 14-09-2006, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Israel currently occupies the Golan Heights, part of Syria. I don't remember when, either '67 or '74. And I'm pretty sure the Syrians didn't give it to them. Although I'm also not sure if they've really asked nicely if they can have it back.
Old 14-09-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Occupied the Golan Heights in 1967...

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-09-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by weltklasse
Occupied the Golan Heights in 1967...
So they pinched some land of Syria?

Is this the area around which arab countries had gathered their armies on previous occassions when they were preparing to attack Israel?
Old 14-09-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
So they pinched some land of Syria?

I'm loving that "pinched". Not an invasion then? Just borrowed it because the Syrians weren't in so they couldn't ask?
Old 14-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by se1eagle
Jeezus.

If we consider a muslim country to be a country with predominance of muslims then yes, Lebanon and Egypt are both muslim countries. If we consider a muslim country to be an Islamic state, then no as Lebanon and Egypt are not Islamic states.

But your answer is 'yes and no'.

That's a bit vague. I'd prefer a yes or a no.