Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-09-2006, 04:09 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
I believe the reason that the building collapsed is due to a lack of foresight in the design. if the plane had struck the Empire State Building for example that building design would probably have survived, because it is constructed from a reinforced concrete frame. In other words, each colum and beam is supported by another one below and the heat generated by the full tanks of burning fuel would have been unable to buckle the steel because it is encased in concrete. The TTs were designed in the 60's I think and are of a completely different design incorporating a central core which I think housed elevators etc. The idea was to try and create more and better usable space inside the same shell size. Each floor slab was built of concrete on closely spaced trusses tied into the central core but there were no (or maybe few) internal columns and the floors therefore extended right out to the exterior perimeter of the building where they were supported only by the external window framing and its lightweight columns. At the time the absence of columns supporting the intermediate floor slabs at the usual regular intervals was thought to be ingenious since it afforded much more effective floor space. The TTs were NOT designed to take into account an aircraft impact since at that time this was considered far too unlikely.

The other element contributing to the collapse of the building was the fact that the steelwork used in the core was not in fact reinforced or encased in concrete. To save money the steelwork was given a poorly applied spray on fire proof coating (like a render) which apparently had partly dropped off by the time of 9/11 and even more was probably shaken off by the impact. So, when the aircraft hit the building and fuel flowed into the central core, the concentrated heat directly impacted the steel of the core and trusses until they buckled, and once one section had buckled and broken sufficiently to cause one floor to collapse, the entire building collapsed downwards like a pack of cards, because effectively there was no rigidity to hold it together like a frame construction might have done.

Last edited by Timbo; 09-09-2006 at 04:32 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:36 AM
Glad all over

dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!dannyturner has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
We can all argue the toss as to the actual cause of these events and never really know. There were many strange coincidences going on that day; US Air Defences, WTC 7, etc etc.

If you really believe that Mr Bush and Co are telling the full story watch some of the stuff on youtube.com.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:50 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by richdeniro
Something that got to me today;

At the US Embassy in Grosvenor Square this Monday (September 11th) the families of British victims lost in the attacks are coming to the Embassy for a memorial service which will be led by Ambassador Tuttle starting in the Embassy. The families and staff from the embassy will be walking to the memorial garden located in the square to lay rose's and lighting candles to represent the people lost on that day. Some family members from those lost in the London Bombings will also be in attendance.

Found this link online for it... To view the link you have to Register or Login

I can imagine it is going to be quite an emotional day for all involved and will be very touching judging by the previous memorial services I have witnessed whilst working there.

Today the metropolitan police informed that their will be a protest taking place outside the Embassy by the "9/11 Conspiracy Society" (or something to that effect) on monday with up to 200 demonstrators no doubt mainly made up with the usual suspects who will be there mainly to vent their anger at America for being all bad, causing all the world problems, anti-capitalism etc, etc.

Now is it me or is this just a tad insensitive on a day that there will be many people paying their respects to loved ones who were lost on a day that the world really did see true evil?
I understand what you mean.But someone has to raise the issue that the bush regime,used the events of that day to bomb and occupy two sovereign states ,vile as there regimes were,killing hundreds of thousands of innocent humans.
IMO( the world had a chance to change the way it react,s to events like this.But violence was chosen again,and the killing continues right up to this minute.3000 that day,how many since,if all the deaths were counted there would be a memorial every day.But in this world it seems some lives are deemed more important than others.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Timbo
I believe the reason that the building collapsed is due to a lack of foresight in the design. if the plane had struck the Empire State Building for example that building design would probably have survived, because it is constructed from a reinforced concrete frame. In other words, each colum and beam is supported by another one below and the heat generated by the full tanks of burning fuel would have been unable to buckle the steel because it is encased in concrete. The TTs were designed in the 60's I think and are of a completely different design incorporating a central core which I think housed elevators etc. The idea was to try and create more and better usable space inside the same shell size. Each floor slab was built of concrete on closely spaced trusses tied into the central core but there were no (or maybe few) internal columns and the floors therefore extended right out to the exterior perimeter of the building where they were supported only by the external window framing and its lightweight columns. At the time the absence of columns supporting the intermediate floor slabs at the usual regular intervals was thought to be ingenious since it afforded much more effective floor space. The TTs were NOT designed to take into account an aircraft impact since at that time this was considered far too unlikely.
The Towers were designed to take the impact of a 707 (the largest aircraft at the time of construction) but the extra fuel capacity of a 767 resulted in a far greater temperature, and a greater surface area being affected due to the extra spread of fuel and destruction on impact.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:01 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by GDP
You might have the right of it there Freddy but as they did release 4 or 5 frames of the Pentagon incident, it surely would have been easier on them showing something clearer proving that there was no conspiracy. And to be fair it couldn't have done anymore damage than pictures of the Twin Towers getting hit and then collapsing, being shown worldwide.
The pictures of the Twin Towers were taken by independent sources
and relayed around the world as they happened, so there was nothing
the Bush regime could have done to have stopped them, GDP. The
propaganda damage had already occurred. But the Federal Gov-
ernent had much greater control and jurisdiction over Washington,
DC not to mention the Pentagon and it's immediate environs
and probably wouldn't have wanted a potential enemy to know
where it's surveillance cameras were positioned and how they
operated as future attacks cannot be ruled out.

Clearly, the Federal Government and particularly military leaders
quickly saw the September 11th attack as the perfect justific-
ation for a military strike against the Taliban and el Qaeda in
Afghanistan and eventually for settling accounts with Saddam's
Ba'athist regime in Iraq.

It is widely known that the US Military and Security elite have
a variety of scenarios they are capable of reacting to when-
ever their strategic interests are attacked or seriously threat-
ened, for which "rough-and-ready" blue-prints for political,
military and diplomatic responses are worked out in advance.

The 9/11 attack played completely into the hands of the Bush
Administration.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 09-09-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Admit nothing

Fountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proudFountainhead is south London and proud
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace Don
Does anyone know if it is going to be repeated, I missed last nights programme because I had to put the wee ones to bed?
I'd like to know if it's repeated too. Didn't realise it continued after the news and only Sky+'d the first part. Anyone?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:16 AM
jó csávó

Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal Adjusted
I think you're trying to suggest that perhaps there is another explanation blah blah blah lets make a load of sweeping assumptions about what Pistike thinks ...
So in your experiment the iron bar is the WTC and the blow torch is the airplane, and you'd like me to hold the WTC whilst it gets hit by an airplane.

Sounds fun.

Anyhow thanks for the physics lesson but I still don't see any plane hitting the Pentagon, neither an airplane sized hole in the Pentagon.

Maybe if you climbed into a cardboard box which simulates the Pentagon and I hit it with a cricket bat simulating the airplane you could help explain this rather peculiar phenomena.

If you end up in hospital you're a prat and if you don't then I am!

I haven't any theory about what actually happened. I've just never seen an airplane hit the Pentagon and I've seen pictures of lots of high rise buildings that have been engulfed in enormous fires that didn't collapse.

Last edited by Pistike; 09-09-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:25 AM
jó csávó

Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Quote:
Originally posted by Timbo

The other element contributing to the collapse of the building was the fact that the steelwork used in the core was not in fact reinforced or encased in concrete. To save money the steelwork was given a poorly applied spray on fire proof coating (like a render) which apparently had partly dropped off by the time of 9/11 and even more was probably shaken off by the impact. So, when the aircraft hit the building and fuel flowed into the central core, the concentrated heat directly impacted the steel of the core and trusses until they buckled, and once one section had buckled and broken sufficiently to cause one floor to collapse, the entire building collapsed downwards like a pack of cards, because effectively there was no rigidity to hold it together like a frame construction might have done.
All sounds very convincing but you'd have thought that there would have been some kind of public enquiry that would substantiate all this.

I'm not aware of any, hence the credence that some of these other theories take on even the far fetched variety that Mal quoted.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:30 AM
jó csávó

Quote:
Originally posted by Chocky
So where exactly did the plane disappear to then with all those dead people.

That is the worst conspiracy theory ever f*cking made up in the history of mankind.

WHERE DID THOSE PEOPLE GO TO?
I haven't the faintest idea but maybe the Atlantic Ocean! Its quite deep and conveniently located.

Anyhow how about we take the questions in chronoligical order.

1. Where's the airplane sized hole in the Pentagon?
2. Where is the plane and passengers?

Last edited by Pistike; 09-09-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:14 AM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Pistike
I haven't the faintest idea but maybe the Atlantic Ocean! Its quite deep and conveniently located.

Anyhow how about we take the questions in chronoligical order.

1. Where's the airplane sized hole in the Pentagon?
2. Where is the plane and passengers?

Pistike
Do you not think it was possible an anti aircraft missile hit the airplane just before hitting the Pentagon, completely destroying the Plane while preventing a direct hit and even worse damage to the building?

As for the World Trade Centre, no Boeing Airplanes have ever been used as a weapon to hit a building of that size before, so you cannot compare this to a high rise building which has a fire raging out of control. The massive original damage done by the plane would have definatly caused major damage thus weakening the structure.

Ive seen a couple of these conspiracy theories on the attacks of 9/11 and they contradict eachother so much, you have got to wonder how much they have made up and how badly they want to convince people of a conspiracy. Dont forget these people are making money out of the disaster through DVDs and speeches etc, so dont believe everything they say.

There are definately unanswered questions and alot of coincidences, but i think it could come down to certain factions in the American government knowing about the planned attacks and let them happen, so it would guarantee them their war in the middle east.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:24 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
So in your experiment the iron bar is the WTC and the blow torch is the airplane, and you'd like me to hold the WTC whilst it gets hit by an airplane.

Sounds fun.

Anyhow thanks for the physics lesson but I still don't see any plane hitting the Pentagon, neither an airplane sized hole in the Pentagon.

Maybe if you climbed into a cardboard box which simulates the Pentagon and I hit it with a cricket bat simulating the airplane you could help explain this rather peculiar phenomena.

I haven't any theory about what actually happened. I've just never seen an airplane hit the Pentagon and I've seen pictures of lots of high rise buildings that have been engulfed in enormous fires that didn't collapse.
I worked in the Westminster area throughout the period of the
Cold War, and dozens of major buildings including key buildings
used by the Ministry of Defence, the Home Office etc. were
massively re-inforced to withstand blast-damage (at the very
least) from nuclear weapons. Government Buildings near Vaux-
hall were also given similar treatment, with specially built walls
and very deep basement shelters.

Judging by the paranoid anti-Soviet posturing of successive
US Administrations during the Cold War it would be surprising
to say the least, if the Pentagon and other key Government
buildings WEREN'T vastly strengthened during this period,
to the point where they could withstand the blast of
a tactical nuclear weapon, let alone a mere fully fuel-
laden jet air-liner, which on September 11th probably
exploded and disintegrated the moment it hit the
front of the building. There is no comparison
between the explosive blast of a nuclear device
and that of a very large petrol bomb, with a flim-
sy aluminium jacket! A building prepared to
withstand a nuclear blast would be fully capable
of taking the impact of a fuel-laden jet-aircraft.

Last edited by Freddy Kurz; 09-09-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:37 AM
Cutting Edge Hair

GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0GladItsAllOver is walloping Brighton 5-0
Quote:
Originally posted by Chocky
Give me strength.

Mr fkin structural engineer are we now?
Originally posted by GladItsAllOver
Never in history has fire bought down a steel building

FACT.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:59 AM
Holmesdale Lower Block G

Zareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZareba2003 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Worst conspiracy theory I read was that the images of the planes hitting the towers were digitally planted on the tape (with sound) and that the explosions were from rockets or bombs. Why oh why are people retarded enough to believe these claims when people have died in the planes. Where did they go if not into the towers?! Same applies to the Pentagon.

The only 'theory' I find interesting is the manner that the towers collapsed. Straight down and in a controlled manner plus the third building. I'd like to know more about the collapses and how it occured but I guess we will never know all the answers.

In honesty though, who cares... innocent people died FACT. It was a senseless loss of life FACT. The evil that day should never be forgotten FACT. People that claim all these events are conspiracies mock the lives of those that died FACT.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Carpe Diem

MikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shineMikeyDread is one in a million, got to burn to shine
Quote:
Originally posted by WHAT'S UP!

God bless all the innocent people killed and all their families and friends who have been caught up in a terrorist attack.

Lets hope the terrorist's burn in hell
But they believe or are brain washed into believeing that tere actions guarantee them a place in paradise
Old 09-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ferris Bueller
I was in New York at the time and that was the most difficult programme I've ever watched. The most surreal few days of my life
Yeah - I was here then too for business meetings and watched it unfold through the window - well at least until they evacuated the building after the first tower crumbled. We then stood in beautiful sunshine, no traffic, no phones ringing (network was overloaded) almost idyllic except for what was going on. Sort of chaotic tranquility.

We have been living in Manhattan now for 18 mths so nowadays it adds another layer of importance to the day.

I would say that no one has mentioned it at work at all - which perhaps is amost a little odd but perhaps it simply reflects the 'get on with it' of New Yorkers. Noting that hardly anyone that lives in NY is originally from the US as far as I can tell.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:15 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by One game a season
I broke the story on the BBS as I was working from home and always had BBC News 24 on.
I opened the thread with a line like "Some idiot just crashed into the Trade Towers. Couldn't he see it?!" Followed by wondering how a pilot in trouble did not ditch the plane in the sea!
Realised the shocking error I'd made minutes later when I saw the pictures.
We just didn't believe that it was a plane that had hit it - and assumed it was a bomb. After all how on earth could the pilot not have seen these massive towers in bright sunlight. We were on the other side from where the first plane hit. How wrong we were

:-(

Of course when the second one hit - we understood . . . . .
Old 09-09-2006, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by richdeniro
So what happened to Flight 77 and all the 54 people on it? Did these people's families just make all this up? And the radar guys at Dulles airport - I suppose they were in on the conspiracy as well?

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I am not saying these two things are the same (indeed I think this relates to the second Pentagon plane that 'crashed' in a field) but at this time we were outside the building and listening to a local radio that we were passing around to each other. The guy on the radio was picking up data from all over the place and blurting it out as he could.

I had the radio and the guy kept updating us on what other airliners hadn't been accounted for yet (ie the ones that crashed obvously went radio silent etc). Over the next few minutes he said (paraphrased after 5 years of course) flight so and so (which I had remembered the number) isn't responding, still not responding, they have launched fighters, fighters approaching plane to signal but will take it down if necessary, longer pause between updates. It's down, its down.

Now I dont blame anyone for shooting it down. But shooting it down somewhere and pretending it hit the pentagon (instead of something else) - or more likely I think pretending it was the one that the passengers crashed is a little silly. I have no proof - but it is what I heard. Never mentioned it that way again and I assumed that later they got control over the media.

The chronology was :

American Airlines Flight 11, crashed into the north side of the North Tower of the World Trade Center (WTC) at 8:46:30 a.m. local time

United Airlines Flight 175, crashed into the South Tower at 9:02:59 a.m.

American Airlines Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon at 9:37:46 a.m. local time (13:37:46 UTC).

United Airlines Flight 93 crashed in a field in southwest Pennsylvania northwest of Washington, D.C., at 10:03:11 a.m.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:40 AM

Location: I'm only putting something in this field in order to create more space in the line below for my 'rep'
Mal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love againMal Adjusted lets there be sunlight, lets there be rain, lets the brokenhearted love again
Quote:

Sounds fun.

You say that you don't have a theory. But ysterday you did have a theory. Remember?

Could have sworn that heat travels up.

And you used that theory to suggest that the flames could nbot have destroyed the lower parts of the WTC, thereby implying that there must have been another cause i.e controlled explosions. And if you believe the theory that heat cannot travel down a metal column, and that there therefore must have been controlled explosions then it's very easy to jump to the next chapter in the conspiracy theory which is the US Neocon Extremist Israel-loving Warmaking Bastards fired their own missile at the Pentagon. Of course, that also means that they spirited away the plane that is alleged to have hit the Pentagon and murdered all on board, and spirited away and murdered any air traffic controllers who spotted the plane, and spirited away and murdered the chief exec of the airline who must have known about it, and his secreatry, mum, granny and whoever else he chats to on a baseball internet site in saarf Washington.

You're bonkers
Old 09-09-2006, 11:46 AM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
I think the truth of the terrible events of 9/11 will never be known but
Does anyone know if the data recorders/blackboxes where retrieved from all the planes particually the one what hit the pentagon.
I cannot believe that the pentagon would be fitted with such crap video camera,s .
After what happened on 9/11 if a Plane i was on was hijacked i would not want the crew informing the security forces as you would be in a catch 22 situation and most likely be shot down by the Airforce i would rather go down trying to overpower the scum then be shot down by the Airforce .
I am sure this situation will arise in the future sadly and someone will have to decide what to do and if the Airforce do shoot the Plane down will the Goverment admit to it?

Last edited by racehorse-80s; 09-09-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:19 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Normally I'm very interested in conspiracy theories and I do think that there have been occasions that monumental events have been planned and executed [think the assasination of JFK and the death of Diana] but I'm really struggling to find any merit in many of the theories expounded, in relation to 9/11.

While the hole in the site of the Pentagon did appear to be a little too clean to be made by an aircraft, once you consider the fact that it was a wall reinforced by many, many feet of steel and concrete and was designed to withstand a gigantic impact, it changes things a little. There was also wreckage of the airliner discovered at the site as well, including the wings which had beens heered off and torn up like paper in the impact. If it was some sort of cruise missile, as some have suggested then what did happen to the plane that supposedly hit the building? Did it exist, yes it did. Were the individuals on this plane then killed, to fit with the story that had been painted? If you think you were then to be honest you'd probably need help.

However assuming these conspiracy theorists are right, why would those in power have agreed to do such a dastardly thing and effectively declare war on its own people, just to wage a campaign of expansionism in the Middle East. While its true that 9/11 gave America a tacic justification for waging war on those who had "supported" the acts of terrorism, they didn't really need to and had Bush really wanted to twat Afghanistan and Iraq, he would have done so, with or without 9/11 occuring. I find it rather insulting to the intelligence to suggest that certain individuals in power would have had a direct hand in what happened. It's too ridiculous to contemplate and whatever people may think about Bush, there is no way he would be capable of such a thing. Corruption and sleaze is one thing, and has occured amongst those in power for thousands of years, but a US President condoning the murder of his own citizens and electorate just to persue further goals in the US is simply pie in the sky.

I think perhaps there is mileage in the suggestion that reaction to the events was, shall we say muted and not entirely prepared but that is an entirely differemnt issue. I think it far more likely that the US was just caught with its pants down that day and had started to believe that it was untouchable from extremists.

Possibly more could have been done to prevent what happened, happening and perhaps the airliners could have been shot down before they managed to crash them into the twin towers and the pentagon, but I just don't buy into a sinister, alterior motive for the whole thing.